Regional/2nd WHV work in Brisbane?

Old Feb 14th 2018, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

megbarrow93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Regional/2nd WHV work in Brisbane?

Hi

Has anyone had any experience getting the regional work required to get a second working holiday visa in Brisbane?

I will be arriving there in March and would like to get the work completed as soon as possible to ensure a second visa.

Does anyone know of anywhere legit in Brisbane to do this work?

(It has to be in Brisbane as I will be living there with my Aussie partner )

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 14th 2018, 12:47 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Regional/2nd WHV work in Brisbane?

Originally Posted by megbarrow93
Hi

Has anyone had any experience getting the regional work required to get a second working holiday visa in Brisbane?

I will be arriving there in March and would like to get the work completed as soon as possible to ensure a second visa.

Does anyone know of anywhere legit in Brisbane to do this work?

(It has to be in Brisbane as I will be living there with my Aussie partner )

Thanks in advance!
I think you'll find that you can't do this in Brisbane, the idea behind allowing an additional year of the 417 visa is to get people into areas where workers are needed https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/...#tab-content-1
Old Feb 14th 2018, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

Has anyone done their work in an area that is commutable from Brisbane?
Old Feb 14th 2018, 1:38 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megbarrow93
Has anyone done their work in an area that is commutable from Brisbane?
In the link I gave you there's a list of Qld postcodes that meet the regional work criteria, if you look at a map with postcodes on it you'll be able to plot the distances from Brisbane
Old Feb 14th 2018, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
In the link I gave you there's a list of Qld postcodes that meet the regional work criteria, if you look at a map with postcodes on it you'll be able to plot the distances from Brisbane
Thank you
Old Feb 17th 2018, 10:55 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

I had a look just out of interest (because I'm curious!) and I'm surprised that 4124 and 4125 are included!

That's just south/west of Brisbane (Boronia Heights, Greenbank, Park Ridge etc.).

Not sure it would be easy to find work there due to lots of competition from the locals, but surprising to think you could work at Greenbank shopping centre or a bottle shop in Boronia Heights and get the 2nd WHV!

Hope you find something OP.
Old Feb 17th 2018, 11:33 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goldchoccycoin
I had a look just out of interest (because I'm curious!) and I'm surprised that 4124 and 4125 are included!

That's just south/west of Brisbane (Boronia Heights, Greenbank, Park Ridge etc.).

Not sure it would be easy to find work there due to lots of competition from the locals, but surprising to think you could work at Greenbank shopping centre or a bottle shop in Boronia Heights and get the 2nd WHV!

Hope you find something OP.
Same here, I looked at a few and was surprised! I wondered whether it was a hangover from 2010-11 that had never been picked up, from when people could use disaster work for theirWHVs?
Old Feb 17th 2018, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

As well as being in the listed postcodes the job has to be ‘specified work’ too so basically in agriculture, mining or construction.

Finding the odd metro postcode in the list isn’t really going to help much - unless there are farms or mines there too. Working in a bottle shop or supermarket certainly won’t cut it ;-)
Old Feb 17th 2018, 1:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NickyC
As well as being in the listed postcodes the job has to be ‘specified work’ too so basically in agriculture, mining or construction.

Finding the odd metro postcode in the list isn’t really going to help much - unless there are farms or mines there too. Working in a bottle shop or supermarket certainly won’t cut it ;-)
Agreed - which makes those unusual postcodes even stranger! I think maybe they were included under the disaster work after 2010-11 as that area did need a lot of work.
Can't imagine there ismuch there now which would fit the criteria.
Old Feb 18th 2018, 4:28 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, I see. Now it makes more sense - didn't read the bit about 'designated work'. Maybe there are farms/smallholdings in those areas that use WHV holders to do some work.

Hopefully the OP can find something. OP - have a look at 'Harvest Trail Jobsearch' (https://jobsearch.gov.au/harvest) for some eligible positions.