Wikiposts

Refused

Old May 24th 2006, 11:16 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Refused

Got a phone call this morning from our agent to tell me that my TRA application has been refused. My whole world collapsed right there and then. I have been working at two jobs for the past year specifically for the visa, my 'normal' job is train driver but i have been cooking on virtually every day off so that i can qualify for the visa, now it seems that might have been a total waste of my time and effort. The agent says that we can appeal and he will speak directly to TRA immediately and get back to me by tomorrow morning but that doest stop me feeling like i have been repeatedly kicked in the stomach, I am just in a daze at the moment i dont know what to think or say. Where the hell do i go from here? is this a sign for us to just forget it or what? god i just dont know what to do.

Nev.
Old May 24th 2006, 11:26 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Refused

Originally Posted by redlion
Got a phone call this morning from our agent to tell me that my TRA application has been refused. My whole world collapsed right there and then. I have been working at two jobs for the past year specifically for the visa, my 'normal' job is train driver but i have been cooking on virtually every day off so that i can qualify for the visa, now it seems that might have been a total waste of my time and effort. The agent says that we can appeal and he will speak directly to TRA immediately and get back to me by tomorrow morning but that doest stop me feeling like i have been repeatedly kicked in the stomach, I am just in a daze at the moment i dont know what to think or say. Where the hell do i go from here? is this a sign for us to just forget it or what? god i just dont know what to do.

Nev.
Oh no! Oh gosh what a shame, I'm so sorry for you. What reason did TRA give for failing?

Now listen, don't be disheartened, there are plenty of people that have failed first time and gone on to pass second time.
Old May 24th 2006, 11:27 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Nev.

its not over nev

you should appeal mate never give up

if you dont appeal then get more info together and apply again

were routing for you mate

keep your chin up

jan xx
Old May 24th 2006, 11:31 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robos
its not over nev

keep your chin up

jan xx

thanks Jan and clippies, I will be apealing, just waiting for agent to mail me with what TRA have to say after he speaks to them..

Thanks again.

Nev.
Old May 24th 2006, 11:32 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robos
its not over nev

keep your chin up

jan xx
Absolutely agree. nicanjoe failed the TRA first time around and waited a bit to reapply. They passed second time and have now got visa in hand. They leave for Perth June 15th. Please don't let this one little bump in the road stop you. Wait a little while, put together a more comprehensive application and try again. What's the worst that could happen?
Old May 24th 2006, 11:38 pm
Chani

> Got a phone call this morning from our agent to tell me that my TRA
    > application has been refused. My whole world collapsed right there and
    > then. I have been working at two jobs for the past year specifically
    > for
    > the visa, my 'normal' job is train driver but i have been cooking on
    > virtually every day off so that i can qualify for the visa, now it
    > seems
    > that might have been a total waste of my time and effort. The agent
    > says
    > that we can appeal and he will speak directly to TRA immediately and
    > get
    > back to me by tomorrow morning but that doest stop me feeling like i
    > have been repeatedly kicked in the stomach, I am just in a daze at the
    > moment i dont know what to think or say. Where the hell do i go from
    > here? is this a sign for us to just forget it or what? god i just dont
    > know what to do.
    > Nev.
    > --

Noooooooo!!
You have to appeal. If you keep at it then they know you really want
it. Just don't give up. What was their reason? Not enough
experience?

Hope they change their minds.
Chani

--
Posted via http://expatforums.com

Old May 24th 2006, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dotnron
Absolutely agree. nicanjoe failed the TRA first time around and waited a bit to reapply. They passed second time and have now got visa in hand. They leave for Perth June 15th. Please don't let this one little bump in the road stop you. Wait a little while, put together a more comprehensive application and try again. What's the worst that could happen?
HI Nev,we failed first time and like you we were gutted.It was awful.so we reapplied and we now have our visa and are off july 28.this is just a hitch.either appeal or resubmit which is what we did.husband is a chef.first time we applied as chef second time as a cook .all the best.x Irishbloo
Old May 25th 2006, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Nev.
am sending you some karma.. I have read (as others experienced) of people appealing and reapplying successfully. It may only be a tweak required. Try not to worry too much until you get some further facts.
Old May 25th 2006, 4:04 pm
Visa Bureau

redlion Wrote:
    > Got a phone call this morning from our agent to tell me that my TRA
    > application has been refused. My whole world collapsed right there and
    > then. I have been working at two jobs for the past year specifically
    > for
    > the visa, my 'normal' job is train driver but i have been cooking on
    > virtually every day off so that i can qualify for the visa, now it
    > seems
    > that might have been a total waste of my time and effort. The agent
    > says
    > that we can appeal and he will speak directly to TRA immediately and
    > get
    > back to me by tomorrow morning but that doest stop me feeling like i
    > have been repeatedly kicked in the stomach, I am just in a daze at the
    > moment i dont know what to think or say. Where the hell do i go from
    > here? is this a sign for us to just forget it or what? god i just dont
    > know what to do.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Nev.
    >
    > --

Hi Nev

Sometimes random failures happen that completely dislodge an applicants
faith in their goal of getting to Australia! Keep AT IT! It's not worth
quitting now, not when you've put so much into getting where you are.

When the TRA fail an application they specify why on a checklist sent
with the refusal letter. Your Agent should advise you of how to fix
this e.g. specify training in more detail, year by year, focus on a
particular part of your training etc.

If it was a flat out no because they feel your skills do not meet the
criteria for that trade, talk with your agent about your options.
Perhaps you need to work for a year or two more to qualify for that
specific TRA path or perhaps a different occupation would suite your
skills better.

A lot of people take up the use of an agent following a refusal from
the TRA and are granted a positive assessment once they have added
further details to their application.

All the best Nev and keep up posted!

--

--

Posted via http://www.mymigration.net

Old May 26th 2006, 12:13 am
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Nev.
Sending you K Nev. Best Wishes!
Old May 26th 2006, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Refused

Hi,
We are not here only to say congrats, if you feel that we can do anything effective ot help in anyway just let us know. Although that's not the end of world and life continues.
I admire your efforts and hope to hear anything that is the best to you.
Good luck,
Old May 26th 2006, 5:24 am
redlion

Originally Posted by Barbitana
Hi,
We are not here only to say congrats, if you feel that we can do anything effective ot help in anyway just let us know. Although that's not the end of world and life continues.
I admire your efforts and hope to hear anything that is the best to you.
Good luck,

Thank you for your kind words barbitana and thank you again to everyone else for your comments. I will post again in the future when i know more what is happening.

Nev.
Old May 26th 2006, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Thank you for your kind words barbitana and thank you again to everyone else for your comments. I will post again in the future when i know more what is happening.

Nev.
Must be awful for you, especially when there have been so many 'got it' threads recently. What a nightmare.
Have you heard any more about the reasons yet?
Don't give up. Regroup, grab a glass of wine (or beer!), take a deep breath and decide how to move things forward from here. You've obviously done the bulk of work for the application so adding a bit more and resubmitting shouldn't take long.
Good luck!
Old May 26th 2006, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

sunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nice

Nev.
I agree with the others, never give up...At least the reds won the FA cup !!!, Reckon you should have a break of it over the bank hols then sort some new tactics out.

best of luck
G
Old May 26th 2006, 7:18 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

I failed my ACS the first time around - not enough relevant experience they said. I had to wait another 6 months before applying again. I know how you feel, I wasn't exactly over the moon either but don't believe this is the end of your dream. See what the TRA says and speak to your agent about how to address it.