References References References

Old Oct 2nd 2008, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

Alborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to all
Default References References References

I'm applying for a NSW state sponsored 176 and would like some advise on references.

http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/migra...m_3_SS_176.pdf

What is the difference between an employment reference and a letter of reference?

How should these references be formatted? Is there a specific template that people use?

I assume I will only need the last 24 mths of references as I only need to prove recent work experience and not claiming for specifc? Is this correct, or should I provide a reference for every position on my CV?

Any help on references in any form is much appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

Alborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to all
Default Re: References References References

Old Oct 2nd 2008, 10:48 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alborg
Rather than bumping your own threads all the time, I would suggest you contact an agent. It seems that the questions you are asking here are not ones that the general masses can answer.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Dorothy,

Forgive me for being presumptuous but I would've thought that someone on here would of had experiences of references considering it's mandatory for every visa application, wouldn't you think?

And what's so wrong with the occasional bump considering the time difference between Australia and the U.K?

Talk about a Police state

A.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

I'm applying for a NSW state sponsored 176 and would like some advise on references.

http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/migra...m_3_SS_176.pdf

What is the difference between an employment reference and a letter of reference?

How should these references be formatted? Is there a specific template that people use?

I assume I will only need the last 24 mths of references as I only need to prove recent work experience and not claiming for specifc? Is this correct, or should I provide a reference for every position on my CV?

Any help on references in any form is much appreciated.

Thanks.
Hello again you!

Well done for perservering. And wouldn't it be lovely if they gave us templates! Sigh.

Here's what I did - when I asked my employer to write the reference, I created a template for them using the list of information requested on the immi.gov.au website plus the ASCO definition of the job for which I was claiming specific work experience (I only did a ref for the job which qualified me for the recent work experience requirement.) Using the ASCO definition means you are automatically ticking all DIAC's boxes for matching the description of the job in question.

Also, I didn't get asked but plenty of others needed 6 months or so of payslips and a P60. Might be worth having them handy just in case.

LORD knows what the difference between an Employment Ref and a Letter of Ref is - unless it's a personal character reference? I'd give them a bell on that one.

Good luck chook! Keep us posted.

V.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that. Sounds like a plan. I think I'll do the same

Originally Posted by maroonedNZ
Hello again you!

Well done for perservering. And wouldn't it be lovely if they gave us templates! Sigh.

Here's what I did - when I asked my employer to write the reference, I created a template for them using the list of information requested on the immi.gov.au website plus the ASCO definition of the job for which I was claiming specific work experience (I only did a ref for the job which qualified me for the recent work experience requirement.) Using the ASCO definition means you are automatically ticking all DIAC's boxes for matching the description of the job in question.

Also, I didn't get asked but plenty of others needed 6 months or so of payslips and a P60. Might be worth having them handy just in case.

LORD knows what the difference between an Employment Ref and a Letter of Ref is - unless it's a personal character reference? I'd give them a bell on that one.

Good luck chook! Keep us posted.

V.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

essex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really nice

Thanks for that. Sounds like a plan. I think I'll do the same
hey, how did you go in the end with your reference? I'm in the process of writing my own ref for my boss to sign off. I'm using the ASCO definition and trying to write something for each point of this, unfortunately DIAC don't provide much information on the structure - eek!
Old Dec 1st 2008, 4:28 pm
Mauritian Member

jen_mj12 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey guys
i was just reading your posts and wondering how did you told your bosses you were planning to apply for an australian visa ? Did you state the reason behind asking them reference letters ? I'm thinking about the moment my husband will have to ask for a letter from his company. he fears that he will suffer from prejudices after that