Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Reference letter from WIFE for ACS MODL????

Wikiposts

Reference letter from WIFE for ACS MODL????

Old Sep 28th 2007, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

hemant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Reference letter from WIFE for ACS MODL????

Hi,

I am a software professional with 8 years of experience. My wife also has been working in my company since last 7 years at the same grade. We have worked together in 2 projects for almost 3 years now. She is now the team leader of the project.

Can my wife provide me a MODL reference stating my expertise and technologies (ofcourse on the company letter head)? Please note that she will be my co-applicant in the GSM application.

Will her reference be considered valid and authentic??

Thanks,
Hemant
Old Sep 28th 2007, 9:29 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reference letter from WIFE for ACS MODL????

Originally Posted by hemant
Hi,

I am a software professional with 8 years of experience. My wife also has been working in my company since last 7 years at the same grade. We have worked together in 2 projects for almost 3 years now. She is now the team leader of the project.

Can my wife provide me a MODL reference stating my expertise and technologies (ofcourse on the company letter head)? Please note that she will be my co-applicant in the GSM application.

Will her reference be considered valid and authentic??

Thanks,
Hemant
Um, no. You will need a reference from someone who has no vested interest in your application and holds a position of authority in the company. Not a workmate, but an actual supervisor or HR person.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

No they won't accept one from your wife. You can get your other colleagues to write one for you (either on company paper or their own statutory declaration) and include a statutory declaration written by you saying why you can't get a reference from your HR department/boss, payslips, P60, contract letter etc if you don't want your boss to know you are applying.
Good luck
Old Sep 29th 2007, 1:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TMRE
No they won't accept one from your wife. You can get your other colleagues to write one for you (either on company paper or their own statutory declaration) and include a statutory declaration written by you saying why you can't get a reference from your HR department/boss, payslips, P60, contract letter etc if you don't want your boss to know you are applying.
Good luck
Would this apply to us too??? Unfortunately our Company turnover isn't high enough for a Business visa, so we are going for a skilled visa. I've already got my positive skills assessment.

I run our small Company with my OH who is included on the visa application. Who can give me a reference??? The only person we can think of is our Company Accountant.

See my previous thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=484273

We seem to fall somewhere between employed and self employed.

Thanks for any help.