British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   reference letter doesnt contain "full time employee" (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/reference-letter-doesnt-contain-full-time-employee-490391/)

mehpk Oct 29th 2007 6:35 pm

reference letter doesnt contain "full time employee"

Dear Friends

I got my experience letter way back. And they doesnt contain "full time employment". And some of those companies have closed, and for the other companies it is very difficult to get the second experience letter. what should i do in this case??

kind regards
mehpk

George Lombard Oct 29th 2007 6:56 pm

Re: reference letter doesnt contain "full time employee"

Originally Posted by mehpk (Post 5484796)
Dear Friends

I got my experience letter way back. And they doesnt contain "full time employment". And some of those companies have closed, and for the other companies it is very difficult to get the second experience letter. what should i do in this case??

kind regards
mehpk

Hi Mehpk,

There are a variety of strategies which can be used in the circumstances and if you're still in contact with the people who wrote those references the best strategy is to ask them to write a further reference including the missing information and an explanation of what happened to the original employing organisation.

Cheers,

George Lombard

mehpk Oct 29th 2007 7:25 pm

Dear George

thanks for your help.

Can i use the statutory declaration, as i can get some reference from my old fellows, who still work for some of the companies?

regards

welshtony Oct 30th 2007 8:17 am

Originally Posted by mehpk (Post 5484961)
Dear George

thanks for your help.

Can i use the statutory declaration, as i can get some reference from my old fellows, who still work for some of the companies?

regards

Hi Mehpk

As you have passed the ACS I presume you need this for DIAC to prove you have worked more than 20 hours a week for 12 months in the last 24 months and 3 years in the last 4 years. No need for new reference letters if these 3 or 4 years are covered by the references used and recognised by ACS. All you need is some payslips, say 1 every 6 months or 1 at the start and end of each employment period. The amount you were paid should then show that you must have been full-time or at least definitely at least 20 hours per week. P60/P45 equivalents would also be good evidence or maybe a letter from the tax office. If you can't get anything maybe get old bank statements that show your pay going in regularly and explain this in your application.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896

George Lombard Oct 30th 2007 8:43 am

Originally Posted by welshtony (Post 5487562)
Hi Mehpk

As you have passed the ACS I presume you need this for DIAC to prove you have worked more than 20 hours a week for 12 months in the last 24 months and 3 years in the last 4 years. No need for new reference letters if these 3 or 4 years are covered by the references used and recognised by ACS. All you need is some payslips, say 1 every 6 months or 1 at the start and end of each employment period. The amount you were paid should then show that you must have been full-time or at least definitely at least 20 hours per week. P60/P45 equivalents would also be good evidence or maybe a letter from the tax office. If you can't get anything maybe get old bank statements that show your pay going in regularly and explain this in your application.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896

Hi Tony,

No I don't think he has passed the ACS if there are only his posts here to go on but yes in a perfect world payslips are a fine solution. I think from his name he's from Pakistan - you've got me wondering what might be regarded as P60/45 equivalents there :-)

Cheers,

George Lombard

welshtony Oct 30th 2007 9:09 am

Originally Posted by George Lombard (Post 5487648)
Hi Tony,

No I don't think he has passed the ACS if there are only his posts here to go on but yes in a perfect world payslips are a fine solution. I think from his name he's from Pakistan - you've got me wondering what might be regarded as P60/45 equivalents there :-)

Cheers,

George Lombard

Right, sorry Mehpk, if you still have to get through ACS then as well as payslips, references from past line managers/colleagues stating where and when they worked with you, giving their contact details etc. You may then wish to tie it all up with a covering Affidavit stating why you could not get further references or whatever and adding any missing detils of your emplyment.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896

mehpk Oct 30th 2007 9:14 am

Dear George

I must say you are very intelligent. Thanks for your valuable informations.

Dear Tony

Thanks for your help.

The matter of fact is I dont have any pay slips with me, becuase the employer did not provide any pay slips, might be very few only with one employer. Where as i have switched almost 8 jobs in past 10+ years. So in this case what i need to do?? can i present the bank statements??

cheers
mehpk

welshtony Oct 30th 2007 9:19 am

Originally Posted by mehpk (Post 5487721)
Dear George

I must say you are very intelligent. Thanks for your valuable informations.

Dear Tony

Thanks for your help.

The matter of fact is I dont have any pay slips with me, becuase the employer did not provide any pay slips, might be very few only with one employer. Where as i have switched almost 8 jobs in past 10+ years. So in this case what i need to do?? can i present the bank statements??

cheers
mehpk

The bank statements will only give support to your claims that you are working full-time, so the yare useful from that point. If they also name your employer on the statements, then they are also confirming you worked for a particular company. ACS want evidence, and 3rd party evidence if at all possible, of the skill level of your duties for each position. This is where letters from previous colleagues/line managers come in to supplement other evidence like bank statememts/tax documents/ letters of appointment/redundancy, old basic referenecs etc etc.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896

mehpk Oct 30th 2007 10:58 am

Dear Tony

Many thanks for your help.

With the supporting documents do i need to make a statutory declaration and get it signed from notry??

If yes then can you help me how to write the statutory declaration, can you give me some sample / format?

cheers
Mehpk

welshtony Oct 30th 2007 11:18 am

Originally Posted by mehpk (Post 5488079)
Dear Tony

Many thanks for your help.

With the supporting documents do i need to make a statutory declaration and get it signed from notry??

If yes then can you help me how to write the statutory declaration, can you give me some sample / format?

cheers
Mehpk

the affidavit is a good way to tie everything together - without having all your evidence in front of me, I can not prepare it but it should list each period of employment, list what evidence you have of this employment, state why you can not get a detailed duty statement from the company and list any extra duties/responsibilities that you think should have been mentioned in any personal letters from old colleagues. When you have it prepared, Email it to me and I'll have a look over it for you.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896