British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Recommend a good migration agency? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/recommend-good-migration-agency-424983/)

cherh66 Feb 8th 2007 12:51 am

Recommend a good migration agency?

We are just! starting to look at the possibility of leaving the sunny UK for Australia and wonder if anyone out there can recommend a good agency to use. We arent even sure what type of visa we would be applying for so need very basic advice from the agency to begin with. Any help would be appreciated.....thanks!

daveplumber Feb 8th 2007 12:58 am

Re: Recommend a good migration agency?

Originally Posted by cherh66 (Post 4378058)
We are just! starting to look at the possibility of leaving the sunny UK for Australia and wonder if anyone out there can recommend a good agency to use. We arent even sure what type of visa we would be applying for so need very basic advice from the agency to begin with. Any help would be appreciated.....thanks!

We used www.australia-migration.com we found to be very good all in ours came to about £2400 including tra fees and visa application, how was the 127 this morning ?
Dave Braintree

cherh66 Feb 8th 2007 1:17 am

Thanks for that, will give it a go!

I couldnt say how the 127 was! I am guessing a complete nightmare what with the snow. It's a nightmare on a good day!

Have you already emmigrated or looking to soon?

utopia Feb 8th 2007 2:02 am

Hi and Welcome to the forum!

We have had Our Visas granted we used Glenn Newton!:thumbup:

For both Our TRA and Emigration Application!

I cannot praise Glenn enough... he is affordable, brilliant communicator...no waffling just straight to the point with respect to what he is doing and what you are supposed to do to.

If your not already aware TRA stands for Trades Recognition Australia.

It is a skills assessment body that assess skills from all trades.

Glenn Newton used to be the TRA director for 9 years so he knows his stuff inside out.:thumbup:

Good Luck with whoever you decide to go with...

Haktahsin Feb 8th 2007 2:13 am

My family and I are using Global Visas, http://www.globalvisas.com/
the agent dealing with our case is Lauren Slack.

I am very happy with both Global and Lauren, no complaints from us, plus as I did th ACS myself, the payment to Global was cheaper.

Highly recomended.

daveplumber Feb 8th 2007 2:49 am

Originally Posted by daveplumber (Post 4378081)
We used www.australia-migration.com we found to be very good all in ours came to about £2400 including tra fees and visa application, how was the 127 this morning ?
Dave Braintree

No we are still here looking to go july / august time visas in place waiting for gcses and proms to finish

mindblower Feb 8th 2007 2:59 am

The excellent Darrell @ thinkingaustralia.com

dave

scooterdan Feb 8th 2007 3:08 am

we're using ConceptAustralia....just passed my TRA and in final stages of visa prep! Theyve been great so far!

Dan and Steph

andreak Feb 8th 2007 3:12 am

Originally Posted by utopia (Post 4378254)
Hi and Welcome to the forum!

We have had Our Visas granted we used Glenn Newton!:thumbup:

For both Our TRA and Emigration Application!

I cannot praise Glenn enough... he is affordable, brilliant communicator...no waffling just straight to the point with respect to what he is doing and what you are supposed to do to.

If your not already aware TRA stands for Trades Recognition Australia.

It is a skills assessment body that assess skills from all trades.

Glenn Newton used to be the TRA director for 9 years so he knows his stuff inside out.:thumbup:

Good Luck with whoever you decide to go with...

Does Glen Newton work for a migration company and will he assist anyone who requests his help. Can I be cheeky and ask a rough estiamte of his charges for the TRA and Visa application. I have just sent OH off so are waiting but want to be preparted just in case we get a NO reply back. I will get someone else to do it for me.

Thanks
Andrea

utopia Feb 8th 2007 5:29 am

Originally Posted by andreak (Post 4378476)
Does Glen Newton work for a migration company and will he assist anyone who requests his help. Can I be cheeky and ask a rough estiamte of his charges for the TRA and Visa application. I have just sent OH off so are waiting but want to be preparted just in case we get a NO reply back. I will get someone else to do it for me.

Thanks
Andrea

Hi There Andrea,

Glenn is a sole trader... Below are his details.

I'd rather not go into his costs on the net, as that is for Glenn to do LOL. We managed to get about 4 different quotes from different company's and Glenn was the cheapest, as well as we had the best rapport with him.:thumbup:

http://www.mia.org.au/profiles/newton.htm

He will assist anyone!:)

Good Luck with your TRA;)

andreak Feb 8th 2007 5:47 am

Originally Posted by utopia (Post 4378885)
Hi There Andrea,

Glenn is a sole trader... Below are his details.

I'd rather not go into his costs on the net, as that is for Glenn to do LOL. We managed to get about 4 different quotes from different company's and Glenn was the cheapest, as well as we had the best rapport with him.:thumbup:

http://www.mia.org.au/profiles/newton.htm

He will assist anyone!:)

Good Luck with your TRA;)

Thanks for the info, I will get in contact with Glenn if I need to. Its good to know you've had a positive outcome, and I'm sure he will be able to help us too.

Good luck with your future.
Andrea

grahampaula Feb 8th 2007 5:53 am

Hi there, we used www.1stcontact.co.uk and were very please with their services. We chose them because at the time we applied, they offered a "No visa, No fee" service. It is worth a phone call to see if they still offer the same service and receive some free advice. Their charges were £1500 plus V.A.T Good luck

suzimc Feb 8th 2007 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Haktahsin (Post 4378287)
My family and I are using Global Visas, http://www.globalvisas.com/
the agent dealing with our case is Lauren Slack.

I am very happy with both Global and Lauren, no complaints from us, plus as I did th ACS myself, the payment to Global was cheaper.

Highly recomended.

I'd second that - we dealt with Veronika Hurbis at Global Visas - she was excellent and very patient with my questions! What's more, we got the visa! :thumbup:

lisa and greg Feb 8th 2007 5:25 pm

Hi, Alan Collett and team @ Go Matilda (www.gomatilda.com). We used them and have just had our visa granted. They are very helpful and always replied to my emails really quickly. Good luck with everything.

andreak Feb 8th 2007 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by lisa and greg (Post 4380484)
Hi, Alan Collett and team @ Go Matilda (www.gomatilda.com). We used them and have just had our visa granted. They are very helpful and always replied to my emails really quickly. Good luck with everything.

Hi Lisa

Thanks for the info. I have contacted Go Matilda and they have responded quickly like you said. Can I just ask what you mean when you say "Bond Lodged" I'm not sure we have to do this, or if we do I have no idea what it refers to, can you throw some light on this for me.

Many thanks
Andrea
x