Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Really, really upset ... 136PR taking too long... Advice please?

Wikiposts

Really, really upset ... 136PR taking too long... Advice please?

Old Sep 18th 2007, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

lucianospec is a jewel in the roughlucianospec is a jewel in the roughlucianospec is a jewel in the roughlucianospec is a jewel in the roughlucianospec is a jewel in the rough
Default Really, really upset ... 136PR taking too long... Advice please?

Hi All

I am more and more becoming really upset with my situation with DIAC.. Always when I think might get cleared, something worst pops up.. Look that:
- 08/08/2006 ==> Application lodged at DIAC 136PR non MODL
- 22/02/2007 ==> Medicals / Police Clearance requested by DIAC
- 15/03/2007 ==> I was requested to follow up chest x-ray, which was done and cleared, it was a medical misconception.
- 04/04/2007 ==> Sent to DIAC all medicals (mine and my family)
- 01/05/2007 ==> Even with everything ok with me, I was requested Health Undertaking Form 815. Form 815 signed and submitted.

wait
wait
wait
wait
20 weeks waiting... since 01/05 was made 2 follow ups, DIAC says they are performing "Integrity checks".

Now that's the point. Accordingly to my agent, as I was requested Health Undertaking, my medicals are valid for 6 months only. Can someone please help me to clarify:
- What really are "integrity checks" and these checks aren't suppose to be done before medical examinations being requested ?
- DIAC really has the right to request other medicals to me ?

I tried to call DIAC twice and as I have an immigration agent they just refuse to provide any information, they say "any question regard to your application should be made through your agent".

The final point is, I am in Australia and I am going overseas in Dec/07, I am taking a month away. I really would like to have the visa granted before that, in order to validate the PR on my return. But I am becoming hopeless.

Any advice is really appreciated.

Thanks.
Luc.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

greentreefrog is a jewel in the roughgreentreefrog is a jewel in the roughgreentreefrog is a jewel in the roughgreentreefrog is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Really, really upset ... 136PR taking too long... Advice please?

CanĀ“t help with your question.
Just wanted to say hang in there and some karma for you.

GTF
Old Sep 18th 2007, 6:38 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by lucianospec
Hi All

I am more and more becoming really upset with my situation with DIAC.. Always when I think might get cleared, something worst pops up.. Look that:
- 08/08/2006 ==> Application lodged at DIAC 136PR non MODL
- 22/02/2007 ==> Medicals / Police Clearance requested by DIAC
- 15/03/2007 ==> I was requested to follow up chest x-ray, which was done and cleared, it was a medical misconception.
- 04/04/2007 ==> Sent to DIAC all medicals (mine and my family)
- 01/05/2007 ==> Even with everything ok with me, I was requested Health Undertaking Form 815. Form 815 signed and submitted.

wait
wait
wait
wait
20 weeks waiting... since 01/05 was made 2 follow ups, DIAC says they are performing "Integrity checks".

Now that's the point. Accordingly to my agent, as I was requested Health Undertaking, my medicals are valid for 6 months only. Can someone please help me to clarify:
- What really are "integrity checks" and these checks aren't suppose to be done before medical examinations being requested ?
- DIAC really has the right to request other medicals to me ?

I tried to call DIAC twice and as I have an immigration agent they just refuse to provide any information, they say "any question regard to your application should be made through your agent".

The final point is, I am in Australia and I am going overseas in Dec/07, I am taking a month away. I really would like to have the visa granted before that, in order to validate the PR on my return. But I am becoming hopeless.

Any advice is really appreciated.

Thanks.
Luc.
These things don't get rushed. Your not doing too bad. Took me 18 months from start to finish.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 6:39 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Could your agent explain to you what integrity checks are?
Old Sep 18th 2007, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

lucianospec is a jewel in the roughlucianospec is a jewel in the roughlucianospec is a jewel in the roughlucianospec is a jewel in the roughlucianospec is a jewel in the rough

Nu-Shooz, I don't think your case took 7 months after medicals requested and submitted and you had to re-undertake the medicals for DIAC's delay. To friends of mine, took 1-2 months after medicals. I understand the time line now is 12-18 to finalise the full process.

WS, yes, my agent said it is employment verification as well as police clearance, etc. She said 80% of employment declaration last fiscal year were fraudulent. My current employer didn't receive any call, that's why I think this is bullsh***t.

Something else is going on in that department... Tks anyway for the messages.

Last edited by lucianospec; Sep 18th 2007 at 6:59 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 7:29 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Hello!
Can I ask where you are from originally?

Professional Princess had to wait 18 months for her PR..
(do a search and you'll read her trials and tribulations)
She's got her visa now, but the wait is hell, I know.

Ali x
Old Sep 18th 2007, 7:49 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucianospec
Nu-Shooz, I don't think your case took 7 months after medicals requested and submitted and you had to re-undertake the medicals for DIAC's delay. To friends of mine, took 1-2 months after medicals. I understand the time line now is 12-18 to finalise the full process.

WS, yes, my agent said it is employment verification as well as police clearance, etc. She said 80% of employment declaration last fiscal year were fraudulent. My current employer didn't receive any call, that's why I think this is bullsh***t.

Something else is going on in that department... Tks anyway for the messages.
Integrity checks are done when the department thinks there is something they need to check up on, whether it be family members, your police record, medical issues, employment, etc.

If they decide they want you to do more medicals then yes they are completely within their rights to do so. If you choose not to, then it's your loss.

As for your employer not receiving any call, how do you know? The people who do the employment verification do not always say who they are and what they want. It could be that if you are a hairdresser for example they came in as a client and either had you work on them or watched you work. They could have spoken to colleagues and not your boss. Maybe it's not work related issues at all!

Like allipally said, take a look at Professional Princess' timeline. She applied in February 2006 and was granted her visa last week. She and her husband had to undergo their meds and police checks all over again.

Frankly, if you don't like the way Australia works, don't apply to live here.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

Dorothy, thanks fo the clarification about integrity checks. The contact I have provided to DIAC in the company I work for is a manager who works very close to me. I would know if someone would call just to collect any kind of reference. I have no doubt of that because he would tell me, as it happened other times.

I checked not only one or two timelines, but many. I am based on two things: 1) Time to application be allocated to CO. 2) After CO and medicals requested, time to visa be granted.

I have no complains about "how Australia works" but I really don't like the way DIAC handles with PEOPLE who make Australia bigger and better. I've been living here for almost 2 years, working on 457 visa and I know what I am talking about. So, please don't tell me if I should or should not apply to live here, that's 100% my own business.

Hi alipally, I am from Italy.

The most difficult as I can see is find someone in the same case as mine. Every case is a different one.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 11:36 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Get your agent to chase... afterall that's what you pay them for. In the meantime enjoy your time in Australia, it's not like you're waiting to get started on your new life, you are already living La Dolce Vita!!! For you at least it's just a rubber stamp!

Patience is a virtue my friend... practice!