Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Re: 887 & Australian-born baby health checks

Re: 887 & Australian-born baby health checks

Old Mar 22nd 2011, 8:06 pm
happy here :)

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 887 & Australian-born baby health checks

Re. Skilled – Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887)

Our baby was born here on our Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) visa (subclass 475). Does anyone know if she will need to have a medical as part of our application for the 887?
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

Probably not much help to your situation since ours was a 175 visa, but both my boys did have to have the medical even though they were both born here on a 457.

Actually, now that I think about it, can't remember if Boy2 had the medical (he was under 12 months at the time), but Boy1 definitely had to have it (he was 2.5 at the time). So that helps you even less cos Miss M is also under one Sorry

When do you think you'll need the medicals done?
Old Mar 24th 2011, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

RussellCat will become famous soon enough

We are on a 475 in Adelaide and I just took our 12 month old son for a medical at 55 Currie Street immigration office in Adelaide yesterday. I applied online and the case officer requested the medical for him. They give you the results in an envelope which has to be kept shut for a year but it doesn't need sent to Brisbane office unless your application is paper-based.

It seems they don't have to do chest scans and blood tests but there can be 2 parts to the visit if the nurse can't see the baby to do measurements and weight on same day as doctor sees your baby.

If you are going to Adelaide Medibank on Level 8 at Currie St keep in mind they have no toilet and you can have to wait a while so be prepared for that!
Old Mar 24th 2011, 3:59 am
happy here :)

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 887 Visa Applicants

Originally Posted by RussellCat
We are on a 475 in Adelaide and I just took our 12 month old son for a medical at 55 Currie Street immigration office in Adelaide yesterday. I applied online and the case officer requested the medical for him. They give you the results in an envelope which has to be kept shut for a year but it doesn't need sent to Brisbane office unless your application is paper-based.

It seems they don't have to do chest scans and blood tests but there can be 2 parts to the visit if the nurse can't see the baby to do measurements and weight on same day as doctor sees your baby.

If you are going to Adelaide Medibank on Level 8 at Currie St keep in mind they have no toilet and you can have to wait a while so be prepared for that!
Originally Posted by elice_in_oz
Probably not much help to your situation since ours was a 175 visa, but both my boys did have to have the medical even though they were both born here on a 457.

Actually, now that I think about it, can't remember if Boy2 had the medical (he was under 12 months at the time), but Boy1 definitely had to have it (he was 2.5 at the time). So that helps you even less cos Miss M is also under one Sorry

When do you think you'll need the medicals done?
Thanks RC & Elice. We are in NSW but thanks for the Adeliade tip
Elice, we're not even applying until end of this year but Miss M may have some issues and it has got me thinking.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Mar 24th 2011 at 5:15 am.