Wikiposts

Quotas

Old Jan 24th 2006, 11:44 pm
Pasta Fari

Karl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud of
Default Quotas

Another dumb question...

If there are different quotas for different visa classes, what happens when one particular class's quota is filled? Will people who have missed out be put at the head of the next year's quota?

Also, what "year" does DIMIA work to? Is it 1st january to 31st december, or is it something strange like the UK financial year? In short - is there a "best" time of year to apply?

Cheers
karl
Old Jan 24th 2006, 11:59 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quotas

Originally Posted by Karl & Ann
Another dumb question...

If there are different quotas for different visa classes, what happens when one particular class's quota is filled? Will people who have missed out be put at the head of the next year's quota?
There are quotas but DIMIA set the requirements in such a way that the supply of visas roughly matches demand. There can be a delay for quota reasons but it's usually only a few months.

The main exception is some Family Class visas like non-contributory parent.

Also, what "year" does DIMIA work to? Is it 1st january to 31st december, or is it something strange like the UK financial year? In short - is there a "best" time of year to apply?

1 July to 30 June. But there is no "best" time of the year to apply - you apply as soon as possible if you are eligible and it's what you want to do.

Jeremy
Old Jan 25th 2006, 12:15 am
Pasta Fari

Karl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud of

Thanks Jeremy.

Karl
Old Jan 25th 2006, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough

If you look back to posts in June of 2005 you will see a bunch of posts regarding this as there was a distinct lull of about a month during June where pretty much no visas were granted. Once July 1st rolled around there were a slew of people getting visas (me included!) from the fresh quota pool for the 2005/2006 year. I don't know if they will run into the same issue this year, but it's certainly possible.

As Jeremy states, there is no "best" time to apply. Whether or not you get delayed a bit by a quota issue cannot be "timed". Processing times vary so much that you cannot know if you will be impacted by a quota delay. I pretty much knew I was delayed by the quota as others who had timelines a week or 2 ahead of mine got their visas in May, but I did not get mine until July even though there was nothing outstanding on my visa.

Cheers,
Brian

Originally Posted by Karl & Ann
Another dumb question...

Cheers
karl