Wikiposts

Quit job - any effect application?

Old Oct 13th 2004, 6:25 am
Just Joined

Bingin is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Quit job - any effect application?

I'm a late 2003 126 Skilled Independent applicant who has yet to have medical or police reports requested...we all know the story on that one..
Anyway I'm really sick of my current job and want to quit and have some free time before I (visa grant pending!) head off to Aus.
Could quiting your job have any effect on an application?
Old Oct 13th 2004, 7:24 am
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy

PortJackson is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Quit job - any effect application?

Originally Posted by Bingin
I'm a late 2003 126 Skilled Independent applicant who has yet to have medical or police reports requested...we all know the story on that one..
Anyway I'm really sick of my current job and want to quit and have some free time before I (visa grant pending!) head off to Aus.
I would assume once you have met the 12/18 months or 3/4 years criteria then no.
However would make sure you leave on good terms incase DIMIA decide to contact your employer to check references etc~dont want employer getting their own back on you .
(really though why not stick it out for a few months~general cenus is late 03 will be dealt with soon)
Old Oct 13th 2004, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

NKKK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PortJackson
I would assume once you have met the 12/18 months or 3/4 years criteria then no.
However would make sure you leave on good terms incase DIMIA decide to contact your employer to check references etc~dont want employer getting their own back on you .
(really though why not stick it out for a few months~general cenus is late 03 will be dealt with soon)
I havent lodged my application yet, I quit my job in the beginning of September.. I am still thinking of lodging the application within 6 months time to qualify for 12/18 3/4 criteria....

Do you think I should wait to get a job? would it affect the application?

PS: I quit to travel actually..
Old Oct 13th 2004, 3:51 pm
Rdarby

I believe that as long as your circumstances are correct when you
lodge the application, things like changing jobs are not relevant, so
don't worry. Just make sure you update contact details if you need to
etc.

Old Oct 14th 2004, 12:01 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bingin
Work experience after lodgement of your visa application is irrelevant for skilled visa applications. The same applies to unemployment after your visa application is lodged.

Peter