A quick visa on passport question.

Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

live2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nice
Default A quick visa on passport question.

Hey guys,

I know, you must be thinking that I got my pregrant letter, well... not yet. Just waiting and expecting it anytime soon.

I'm currently living in a different country and might go back to my HR country.

My question is, once the Pregrant is issued, do we need to get visa label stamped in the same country we applied for the visa?
or can we do it from any other country (i.e my HR country after I go back)?

Kindly reply. Thanks!

Last edited by live2learn; Jul 8th 2009 at 10:00 am.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

ZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really nice
Default Re: A quick visa on passport question.

Originally Posted by live2learn
Hey guys,

I know, you must be thinking that I got my pregrant letter, well... not yet. Just waiting and expecting it anytime soon.

I'm currently living in a different country and might go back to my HR country.

My question is, once the Pregrant is issued, do we need to get visa label stamped in the same country we applied for the visa?
or can we do it from any other country (i.e my HR country after I go back)?

Kindly reply. Thanks!
I think - Pre grant is only issued if you have applied from Onshore i.e from Australia and you are still in australia at the time of visa grant .. and pre grant means first leave the australia then get teh grant letter and come back to australia.
In other cases i.e offshore, you will have a grant letter so you can get the visa label from any nearest Australian Embassy.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

live2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nice

Originally Posted by ZeeAsh
In other cases i.e offshore, you will have a grant letter so you can get the visa label from any nearest Australian Embassy.
ZeeAsh, thanks for explaining the Pregrant and GrantLetter difference.

So my question now is once I receive the Grant letter do I need to get visa label stamp on Passport in 'the same very country' where I applied from? or... I can get the visa stamped from any country? Most probably from my HR country when I go back. But I did not apply from HR country.

I hope I am clear now.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

antifunky is an unknown quantity at this point

So my question now is once I receive the Grant letter do I need to get visa label stamp on Passport in 'the same very country' where I applied from? or... I can get the visa stamped from any country? Most probably from my HR country when I go back. But I did not apply from HR country.

I hope I am clear now.
I guess in the last answer he did mention:

"you will have a grant letter so you can get the visa label from any nearest Australian Embassy"

which does explain it all!
Old Jul 8th 2009, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

ZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really nice

I hope I am clear now.
You can get it stamped from your nearset embassy .. where ever you are at that moment.

Visa label is even not necessary becuase Australian Immigration department has information of all the electronic version of visas. But its better to have visa label to avoid any hassels.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZeeAsh
You can get it stamped from your nearset embassy .. where ever you are at that moment.

Visa label is even not necessary becuase Australian Immigration department has information of all the electronic version of visas. But its better to have visa label to avoid any hassels.
Thanks guys! That just answered my question.

Now the waiting begins for the visa... time to get in line ... the waiting queue.

I still don 't know where I stand in the queue.

All I know is, there are some people ahead of me and some before me in the waiting queue.