British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Quick question on Citizenship online application (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/quick-question-citizenship-online-application-863339/)

stuartsummers1980 Aug 13th 2015 11:54 am

Quick question on Citizenship online application

Hi,

I've just got to the section where it's asking questions about my daughter and then asks;

Related application for Australian citizenship

Does this child have another responsible parent who is making a separate application for citizenship?

Now I think I was lead to believe that my wife can go on the same application as me can't she? In which case the answer would be no right?

Either way there's something else that's puzzling me. It says to provide either my wife's TRN or Application ID, but I haven't got round to doing anything for her yet, as I'm doing myself first, so do I just put the same TRN as the application I'm working through for myself? As she doesn't have a TRN or application number!!

Confused....

Pollyana Aug 13th 2015 6:51 pm

Re: Quick question on Citizenship online application

Originally Posted by stuartsummers1980 (Post 11722884)
Hi,

I've just got to the section where it's asking questions about my daughter and then asks;

Related application for Australian citizenship

Does this child have another responsible parent who is making a separate application for citizenship?

Now I think I was lead to believe that my wife can go on the same application as me can't she? In which case the answer would be no right?

Either way there's something else that's puzzling me. It says to provide either my wife's TRN or Application ID, but I haven't got round to doing anything for her yet, as I'm doing myself first, so do I just put the same TRN as the application I'm working through for myself? As she doesn't have a TRN or application number!!

Confused....

Your wife has to make her own application. Children can go on your application, but other adults must apply separately.

stuartsummers1980 Aug 13th 2015 11:30 pm

So in order to satisfy that part of my application, I have to start my wifes, get a TRN from her application, save it, then go back to mine so I can answer that question and carry on? Weird......

Pollyana Aug 14th 2015 12:44 am

Originally Posted by stuartsummers1980 (Post 11723362)
So in order to satisfy that part of my application, I have to start my wifes, get a TRN from her application, save it, then go back to mine so I can answer that question and carry on? Weird......

Yep, I agree thats weird, but she definitely has to do a separate application, as all adults have to apply individually and meet the requirements individually.