British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   QUICK HELP !!! DIVERGENT QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE LINE !!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/quick-help-divergent-qualification-experience-line-645018/)

ROYAL_DESIGNER Dec 16th 2009 5:59 am

QUICK HELP !!! DIVERGENT QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE LINE !!!

Hi guys...Quick HELP needed..!!:confused:

My wife is holding ELECTRICAL Engg Degree..bt Working as Software Testing Engineer, since last 4+ yrs..

Now my Question is...

What should I fill in the form 1276, What is your partner’s nominated occupation?

ELECTRICAL ENGINEER (or) :unsure:
COMPUTING PROFESSIONAL ?

Please Suggest...:)

Kalyan.k Dec 16th 2009 6:10 am

Re: QUICK HELP !!! DIVERGENT QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE LINE !!!

Hi ,

If your wife is not the main applicant then "Computing Professional" will be her nominated occupation.
If your wife is the main applicant then assessment obtained by her from "ACS" or "EA" will be her nominated occupation.

Cheers

Matrisha Dec 16th 2009 6:13 am

Do you want to claim points for your wife's skills?
Then she has to get her skills assessed (and in this case you should know the ASCO code).

Otherwise, if you do not need any points in your visa application for your wife's skills, then you don't have to fill part D of form 1276.

ROYAL_DESIGNER Dec 16th 2009 7:15 am

Originally Posted by Matrisha (Post 8176523)
Do you want to claim points for your wife's skills?
Then she has to get her skills assessed (and in this case you should know the ASCO code).

Otherwise, if you do not need any points in your visa application for your wife's skills, then you don't have to fill part D of form 1276.

Skills Assesment is must to claim 5 points...?
for that she may need to prepare CDR then...am I rt?

thnx...

ROYAL_DESIGNER Dec 16th 2009 7:19 am

[QUOTE=Matrisha;8176523]Do you want to claim points for your wife's skills?

Hello Mtrisha...

u r signature shows that u r processing is going too fast...

Best of luck....

Bermudashorts Dec 16th 2009 7:39 am

Do you definitely need 5 points for uour wife's skills assessment? There is no point doing it for a buffer (as some people I have seen will do).

If you need the points then your wife needs to go and get her skills assessed in the same way a main applicant would do.

ROYAL_DESIGNER Dec 16th 2009 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Kalyan.k (Post 8176518)
Hi ,

If your wife is not the main applicant then "Computing Professional" will be her nominated occupation.
If your wife is the main applicant then assessment obtained by her from "ACS" or "EA" will be her nominated occupation.

Cheers

kalyan...Iam the Primary Applicant ...iam showing her as dependent...
btw....I have 125 points...to claim 5 points...does she needs to prepare CDR ?

thnx for u r swift reply,,,

Bermudashorts Dec 16th 2009 7:42 am

See my previous post. You don't need 125 points. You need 120. Don't bother applying for wife's skills assessment or the extra points.

ROYAL_DESIGNER Dec 16th 2009 7:42 am

Originally Posted by ROYAL_DESIGNER (Post 8176642)
kalyan...Iam the Primary Applicant ...iam showing her as dependent...
btw....I have 125 points...to claim 5 points...does she needs to prepare CDR ?

thnx for u r swift reply,,,

then I will not claim 5 points...anyhow I have 125 points in my pocket...:)
In this tough time lines...I dont prefer to spend some more time to have 5 buffer points....

thnx Bermudashorts...

Kalyan.k Dec 16th 2009 8:28 am

Hi Royal Designer,

Since you are there MAIN applicant , you need not bother about getting Assessment done or getting points for your wife.
As long as you have 120 points , you are elgible . Thats it.

khurram Dec 16th 2009 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts (Post 8176646)
See my previous post. You don't need 125 points. You need 120. Don't bother applying for wife's skills assessment or the extra points.

thats what i have been thinking about. 120 points are needed to be eligible. People try to make as much as possible points trying to score 7 in IELTS, claiming for spouse's 5 points etc even if they already have 120 points. Is there any use of any additional points?

Bermudashorts Dec 16th 2009 9:57 am

No there is no advantage to extra points. It is a complete waste of time, money and effort if you alreadt have what you need.

ROYAL_DESIGNER Dec 17th 2009 3:23 am

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts (Post 8176875)
No there is no advantage to extra points. It is a complete waste of time, money and effort if you alreadt have what you need.

Thank you All..for U r Suggesions, Opinions and Experience....