Questions Related to State Sponsorship

Old Dec 3rd 2015, 1:58 pm
Ghazi78

Ghazi786 is just really niceGhazi786 is just really niceGhazi786 is just really niceGhazi786 is just really niceGhazi786 is just really niceGhazi786 is just really niceGhazi786 is just really niceGhazi786 is just really nice
Default Questions Related to State Sponsorship

Hi , I am in process of immigration and have already got positive assessment from Engineering Australia. I have few questions related to state sponsorship

1) If i got state sponsorship, is it mandatory to work in that particular state for 2 or 3 years before moving to any other state ? what if i am unable to get job related to my particular field ?

2) How many points are required for immigration ... currently i have 60 points without state sponsorship and without IELTS 7 each .... are these points enough for class 189 independent or i have to get 65, minimum via state sponsorship to be considered for visa ?
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions Related to State Sponsorship

1. Depends on visa. A 190 has a moral obligation to live in the state, but there is no enforcement. A 489 has a legal obligation.
2. You need 60. But, if you think you have 60 without ILETS, I would be careful with your points as it seems a little high (not impossible) but do check as an over claim may result in refusal and loss of fee.
60 is enough for a 189.
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 9:47 pm
Ghazi78

Ghazi786 is just really niceGhazi786 is just really niceGhazi786 is just really niceGhazi786 is just really niceGhazi786 is just really niceGhazi786 is just really niceGhazi786 is just really niceGhazi786 is just really nice

thanks a lot stormy ... regarding points i, i ll like to share
1) 30 points for age 32 ... i am 32 and currently not turned 33 yet ...
2) 15 for more than 8 years experience overseas (outside Australia) ... my skill assessment also mentions that my experience is relevant from Nov 2006 to April 2015 which is more than 8 years ... now with time passage i have 9 years exp almost ...
3) 15 for bachelors degree ... my skill assessment says that i have bachelors degree as per AFQ AUSTRALIAN QUALIFICATION FRAMEWORK...

QUESTION:
1) Please confirm if my approach above is correct ?
2) Shall i try for IELTS 7 each or shall i apply for 189 immediately ... i have time till September for maximum age points after which i ll turn 33 ...
3) Can I apply for 189 and 190 at same time ... i heard you can select for both options during EOI submission ... is it recommended ? What if i got invitation from both sides ?
4) As I am engineer... i ll like to go to melbourne or sydney due to good job market ... how can i approach them for sponsorship ?

Your quick response is highly appreciated.
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 11:20 pm
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

If your engineering occupation is on the SOL and you are eligible for 189, I would go straight for the 189.

Your points seem ok. I also had 60 without IELTS (I'm an engineer as well), but I ended up with a score of 80 because I took IELTS.

To apply for state sponsorship, you need to follow the application process set on each state's skilled migration page. Each state sets its own standard.

For example, VIC requires engineers to have at least 7 in IELTS (State Nomination Occupation List for Victoria - Live in Victoria)
Old Dec 4th 2015, 12:09 am
Ghazi78

thnx alot msmyrtle ... i ll like to seek your advise furthur on:

1) when points will be checked ... during EOI or later by case officer or at both stages ?
2) is it possible that i apply for EOI and get the invitation ... after that i loadge visa application and during the visa application stage i clear ielts and upload ielts results to increase the possibility of getting visa ?
Old Dec 4th 2015, 10:00 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

My understanding is that your points are calculated as at the date of invitation. Earlier applicants with the same score get invited first, unless there is some pro-rated scheme in place for particular occupations.

After you pay your fee and upload your documents, the case officer checks the documents against what points you have claimed in your EOI.

Based on that, you cannot add IELTS after you lodge your application because you didn't have that score on the date of invitation, so it will be of no use. However, if you choose not to lodge an application and update your EOI with a revised score, then your points will be recalculated at the next invitation round.

The 6 November report shows that people with a score of 60 had a visa date of effect of 11 September, so if you lodge your application now it *may* be selected in the new year (guessing by current timelines).

You can always lodge your EOI now and get in the queue to wait. If you take IELTS sometime in the next few months you can always go back and add your score to your EOI to make it more competitive.
Old Dec 7th 2015, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

WilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud ofWilliamStacey has much to be proud of

msmyrtle does this mean if your EOI is in by 6th November 2015 you're looking at 11 September for the visa being granted?
Old Dec 7th 2015, 9:09 pm
Lost in the antipodes

Originally Posted by WilliamStacey
msmyrtle does this mean if your EOI is in by 6th November 2015 you're looking at 11 September for the visa being granted?
This information is only for when people get invited to apply, nothing to do with visa grant.

My interpretation of the report is:

* The report is for the invitation round held on 6 November
* On that date, the top 1150 candidates from the EOI pool were invited to submit applications
* If you look on the report you will see a bar graph showing the distribution of scores
* Candidates with scores of 80, 75 (~50), 70 (~100) and 65 (~325) were invited, for argument's sake say 500 candidates were invited from the upper group
* That leaves a total of 650 spaces for the candidates with a score of 60
*Out of the candidates that scored 60, they go back from the oldest to the newest, so earlier applicants get invited first -> so an EOI dated 11 September was the last of the applicants to get an invite.
* Note that for pro rated occupations, candidates are also competing against the scores from candidates within that group. For example Accountants with a score less than 70 are not being selected.