Wikiposts

Question on visa application

Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:48 pm
Banned

Flakey has a brilliant futureFlakey has a brilliant futureFlakey has a brilliant futureFlakey has a brilliant futureFlakey has a brilliant futureFlakey has a brilliant futureFlakey has a brilliant future
Default Question on visa application

Hi, I am just about to apply for a visa to Australia. I have been in contact with 1 agent so far and they informed me that at a glance I qualify for a 176 Sponsored visa (the state sponsored visa) they also told me that although this is state sponsored, that I would be able to live anywhere in Australia once I got this visa. This doesnt make sense to me, as I would have assumed that state sponsorship meant you had to live in that specific state. I would like to hear from anyone who has been through this process.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 10:00 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Question on visa application

Not going for this visa but as far as I know state sponsored you have to live within that state until you can get PR.
You may be better putting this in the immigration section though as you'll prob get more replies from there
Old Jan 28th 2008, 10:03 pm
Banned

Flakey has a brilliant futureFlakey has a brilliant futureFlakey has a brilliant futureFlakey has a brilliant futureFlakey has a brilliant futureFlakey has a brilliant futureFlakey has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by paul30
Not going for this visa but as far as I know state sponsored you have to live within that state until you can get PR.
You may be better putting this in the immigration section though as you'll prob get more replies from there
Ok thanks for the advice
Old Jan 28th 2008, 10:06 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paul30
The 176 state sponsored visa is a permanent residency visa right from the start. You are sponsored by the state and agree when sponsored that you will live and work in the sponsoring state for a period of 2 years. From what I've been told (by more than 1 agent) your obligation is a moral one and not a legal one. Once your visa is granted you can live and work wherever you like. I don't know whether DIAC would agree,but this is what I've been told.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

This is from the DIAC website. Not sure how strict they are and if they would actually enforce it. But it is clear that they do expect you to remain in that state for 2 years.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/176/obligations-applicant.htm

"1. You and any secondary applicants must comply with all Australian laws as permanent residents.

2. If you are nominated by a State or Territory government, you need to agree to:

remain in the State or Territory for a period of at least two (2) years
keep the State or Territory government informed of changes in address details before and after arrival
be prepared to complete surveys and provide information as required."

Hope that helps.

Sam
Old Feb 5th 2008, 7:56 am
Pie Eater

coolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud of

Visa 176 has 2 different sponsorship types.

To be eligible for this visa you must be either:

* nominated by a participating State or Territory government
or
* sponsored by an eligible relative living in Australia.

Sponsorship via a relative, you are free to go wherever you see fit.

Sponsorship via a state or territory government, you are restricted for 2 years.