Question regarding sponsorship

Old Jan 18th 2012, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

Nicole12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question regarding sponsorship

Hi, I have a question regarding sponsorship of my husband to Australia on the partner visa. I'm the Aussie and my husband is British and for the most part I think we're a pretty straightforward case in that we've been together 11 years, married for 8 and have 2 children and I've kept every shred of documentation in between waiting for this time to finally get this visa application going.

I'm just wondering about the sponsorship section, I will be submitting my 2 previous annual income statements from my employer but I'm also in the process of starting my own business. I am aiming that I should be able to leave my job in about 3 months but the visa application process would be about 5-6 months so would this affect the sponsorship at all? I know that if you're self employed that you have to submit 3 years worth of accounts which obviously I would not have. I'm happy to stay at my job until the visa is granted but just curious of the legalities of it all.

Thanks
Old Jan 18th 2012, 7:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question regarding sponsorship

Originally Posted by Nicole12
Hi, I have a question regarding sponsorship of my husband to Australia on the partner visa. I'm the Aussie and my husband is British and for the most part I think we're a pretty straightforward case in that we've been together 11 years, married for 8 and have 2 children and I've kept every shred of documentation in between waiting for this time to finally get this visa application going.

I'm just wondering about the sponsorship section, I will be submitting my 2 previous annual income statements from my employer but I'm also in the process of starting my own business. I am aiming that I should be able to leave my job in about 3 months but the visa application process would be about 5-6 months so would this affect the sponsorship at all? I know that if you're self employed that you have to submit 3 years worth of accounts which obviously I would not have. I'm happy to stay at my job until the visa is granted but just curious of the legalities of it all.

Thanks
Once you've done the application DIAC don't really care if you change jobs etc, and obviously once you move to Aus your job situation changes anyway. You'll be fine - for couples living outside of Aus they really want to see that you have a good work ethic so aren't likely to get back here and claim dole etc.
Old Jan 19th 2012, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

Nicole12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question regarding sponsorship

Thanks so much, thats fantastic news