Question regarding EOI

Old Sep 29th 2013, 6:00 am
maxpayne

mfahadjalil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question regarding EOI

Hi Friends,
I am new to this forum, I would like to ask a question as I know that this question would be the very basic one but your help will be appreciable.

My points are calculated as under:

English Language
IELTS 6 0 points

Overseas work experience in nominated occupation or a closely related occupation
Five years overseas 10 points
Eight years overseas 15 points

I completed my Bachelor of Computer & Information & Technology degree in 2008, since then I am working as IT Administrator, but 2008 I was working as "Technical Support Engineer" since 2005 as part time job along with my studies, Do i need to select my experience as 5 Years OR 8 Years?

Bachelor degree 15 points

Partner skills 5 points
My wife has "Bachelor of Commerce" Degree (2 Year Study) but she do not have working experience as she is a housewife.
Can I Claim points for her??

Thank you
Old Sep 29th 2013, 6:35 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question regarding EOI

Originally Posted by mfahadjalil
Hi Friends,
I am new to this forum, I would like to ask a question as I know that this question would be the very basic one but your help will be appreciable.

My points are calculated as under:

English Language
IELTS 6 0 points

Overseas work experience in nominated occupation or a closely related occupation
Five years overseas 10 points
Eight years overseas 15 points

I completed my Bachelor of Computer & Information & Technology degree in 2008, since then I am working as IT Administrator, but 2008 I was working as "Technical Support Engineer" since 2005 as part time job along with my studies, Do i need to select my experience as 5 Years OR 8 Years?

Bachelor degree 15 points

Partner skills 5 points
My wife has "Bachelor of Commerce" Degree (2 Year Study) but she do not have working experience as she is a housewife.
Can I Claim points for her??

Thank you
Hi mfahadjalil

Can I ask if you have had your skills assessed and if so, what occupation code?

To be able to claim partner skills, they have to have an occupation on the same schedule of the CSOL as well as having a valid skills assessment.
Old Sep 29th 2013, 7:31 am
maxpayne

thanks for quick response,

its Systems Administrator
ACS

please also let me know about my other question regarding experience along with studies
Old Sep 29th 2013, 7:39 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for quick response,

its Systems Administrator
ACS

please also let me know about my other question regarding experience along with studies
Did ACS put a deeming date on your skills assessment? Employment after the deeming date can be counted. If you completed your degree in 2008, I would guess they applied a deeming date of 2010 at the earliest giving you 3 years experience. Unless of course you have an older assessment.
Old Sep 29th 2013, 7:59 am
maxpayne

brother i havent made any assessment yet, I am just showing you my occupation in the list which they provided on the website as a rough idea.
Old Sep 29th 2013, 8:05 am

brother i havent made any assessment yet, I am just showing you my occupation in the list which they provided on the website as a rough idea.
I'm not your brother - I'm not male - the little symbol by name means I'm female but never mind.

When you apply to ACS they will evaluate whether or not your degree is relevant to your occupation cold, and what the ICT content is, and how much work experience is needed to be deemed skilled, which as a minimum is 2 years after your degree ends - summary criteria here http://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/...f-Criteria.pdf

You cannot lodge an EOI until you have both skills assessment and proof of English ability (IELTS usually with some exceptions). Given everything you have said, you probably wont reach the points total yet, but check out this booklet for all the info http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf
Old Sep 29th 2013, 8:18 am
maxpayne

ohh my mistake, as i already mentioned that i am new to this forum, will be familiar with the symbols gradually.

i would surely check the links which you've provided.

you are really very helpful, thanks a million times.
Old Sep 29th 2013, 8:22 am

ohh my mistake, as i already mentioned that i am new to this forum, will be familiar with the symbols gradually.

i would surely check the links which you've provided.

you are really very helpful, thanks a million times.
No worries - but pink is girls, and blue is boys
Old Sep 29th 2013, 8:24 am
maxpayne

fully understood
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
No worries - but pink is girls, and blue is boys