Wikiposts

Question regarding acknowledgment letter

Old Sep 26th 2008, 11:47 am

Bibo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question regarding acknowledgment letter

Hi all,

I appreciate if anyone could help.

I've lodged my online 176 app on 17, April 2008, didn't get any acknowledgment letters from DIAC.
3 months later I asked my agent for the acknowledgment letter, he replied: We have not received acknowledgment from DIAC as they are very slow :curse:. I didn't accept this as an answer, I urged him to contact DIAC, and finally I got my acknowledgment letter on 14, August.

IS it normal to get acknowledgment after 4 months?
How could I know if what I get is the pre acknowledgment or full acknowledgment?
Should this affect any delay to my application?

Cheers,
Bibo
Old Sep 26th 2008, 1:15 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question regarding acknowledgment letter

Did your agent send a paper based application or online? If paper based, then yes it takes time to get acknowledgement. Online he should have had a TRN right away.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice
Talking Re: Question regarding acknowledgment letter

if your application is offline one...then good nite..be prepared for the long wait...
if your application is online then you should contact the DIAC office to find out why you were not given the TRN right away.

but i presume that your application is offline applied.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 10:13 pm

Thanks Dorothy, peaceboy.. I appreciate your reply

My application is online, I got the payment receipt and TRN right away with no acknowledgment letter. I could log to my online status page from day one but the acknowledgment letter came four months later after contacting DIAC. Should this cause any delay to my application? ... I hope not
also what is the pre-acknowledgment?
Old Sep 27th 2008, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bibo
Thanks Dorothy, peaceboy.. I appreciate your reply

My application is online, I got the payment receipt and TRN right away with no acknowledgment letter. I could log to my online status page from day one but the acknowledgment letter came four months later after contacting DIAC. Should this cause any delay to my application? ... I hope not
also what is the pre-acknowledgment?
We've not had an acknowledgement letter either, I did email the ASPC and they gave me a file ref no - so not sure if that counts as letter!! We've not had anything through the post though, but we had a standard reply via email giving us details of documentation required - does this equate to acknowledgement letter?
Old Sep 28th 2008, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by melbert
We've not had an acknowledgement letter either, I did email the ASPC and they gave me a file ref no - so not sure if that counts as letter!! We've not had anything through the post though, but we had a standard reply via email giving us details of documentation required - does this equate to acknowledgement letter?
The acknowledgment letter I had received is 7 pages Adobe Acrobat file with my personal details, Application Reference Details, File Reference, ICSE Request ID,TAX INVOICE/RECEIPT and other information regarding processing and what happens next. I don't know if the one I got is the standard acknowledgment letter.