Question - Engineers Australia Assesment

Old Feb 26th 2012, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

misterKK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question - Engineers Australia Assesment

I am glad to be part of this informative forum for expats.

Currently I am planning to move to Australia as skilled Immigrant. By profession I am Telecommunications Engineer with experience of more than 5 years. I got a query.

I did Bachelors in Telecom Engineering (4 Years program). My job tenure breakdown is as follows

Employer1 (Telecom Operator) : Job Title = Network Engineer (1 Year)
Employer2 (Telecom Operator) : Job Title = Operations Engineer (1.5 Years)
Employer1 (Telecom Operator) : Job Title = Technician (2.5+ Years)

Now I want to proceed with my assessment from Engineer Australia. But the job title I am occupying right now is of "Technician (but I am performing total technical job equivalent to Engineer)" beside the fact that my education and past experience was as "Engineer". (The reason of sticking with my current employer is good salary package!!!)

Will Engineers Australia have any problem with assessing me as Telecom Engineer as my current job designation is "Technician"? OR they will consider my CDR and education only.

How much chances are there that I will be recognized as Telecom Engineer?
Old Feb 26th 2012, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

waqasaj84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question - Engineers Australia Assesment

Job title does not matter. When you'll explain your projects in the CDR, Engineers Australia will automatically assess you as the most reasonable category. You will get Telecommunication Network Engineer probably which is a subcategory of Electronics Engineer.

Br/ W
Old Feb 26th 2012, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Maham is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question - Engineers Australia Assesment

A job title certainly doesn't matter at all. all they need to asses is your degree and the nature of work/projects that you mention in your CDR. Telecommunication Network Engineer is just a category defined by them. If your duties are same as that of the engineer as per their definitions, then you would definitely be assessed as TNE.
Good Luck