Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Question About (Subclass 115) near relative Visa

Question About (Subclass 115) near relative Visa

Old Nov 13th 2012, 3:03 am
Just Joined

Worzel Gummage is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question About (Subclass 115) near relative Visa

Hi Guys,

I have a question, I have been living in Australia for 5 years (PR)

I have a younger brother would like to move out here, I am looking into the possibility of sponsoring him but I think i have come across a problem.

My parents are both deceased

My brother lives in the UK (but I have 1 other brother living in the UK)

This means that its not possible to apply for a (Subclass 115) near relative visa?

Has anyone heard of compassionate circumstances or anything like that?

My brother hasnt really spoken to my other brother for many years

I dont think anything can be done but i thought I'd ask anyway

Any info would be great
Old Nov 13th 2012, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question About (Subclass 115) near relative Visa

Originally Posted by Worzel Gummage
Hi Guys,

I have a younger brother would like to move out here, I am looking into the possibility of sponsoring him but I think i have come across a problem.

This means that its not possible to apply for a (Subclass 115) near relative visa?

Any info would be great
You're correct. It won't be possible to apply for a LLR visa for your brother. The presence of the other brother means he's not a LLR. DIAC don't care that they don't speak - the fact he exists is all that matters.

You can imagine the mayhem that would occur if these rules didn't exist. People would be claiming family breakdowns left, right and centre in order to qualify.

The LLR is a really bad visa anyway. Takes up to 15 years currently and during that time, your brother would have to remain single. Not really a practical solution for most people.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 4:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

Any info would be great
Does your younger brother have any skills etc to qualify for a visa in his own right?
Old Nov 13th 2012, 5:13 am
Just Joined

Worzel Gummage is an unknown quantity at this point

He has experience in printing and signs but nothing on paper so I dont think a skilled visa would be feasable, he is able to get a working holiday visa so this might be the best option.

The only problem with the working hohiday visa is you have to go home
Old Nov 13th 2012, 9:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

He has experience in printing and signs but nothing on paper so I dont think a skilled visa would be feasable, he is able to get a working holiday visa so this might be the best option.

The only problem with the working hohiday visa is you have to go home
You never know, he might fall in love with an Aussie