Question about Business Class

Old May 22nd 2002, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice
Default Question about Business Class

Hi guys,

We were discussing the flight to OZ recently and have decided to grit our teeth and do a 'througher' but decided as it was only one way (YIPPEE!!!) we would go business class; however someone told me that we can't take our child in business class....is this true???

I'll be well cross if it is true...especially since we would be paying them for his seat!

Can anyone shed some light on this for me.

love sophia x
Old May 22nd 2002, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question about Business Class

Hi Sophia,

I don't know why you were told that because it's not true. You can take your children in business class.

Nick
Old May 22nd 2002, 12:41 pm
Wannabe Ausie

MikenWendy is an unknown quantity at this point

No problem, I have taken mine in business class.

Mike.
Old May 22nd 2002, 2:51 pm
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

Hi Sophia,

Hope you don't mind me asking, but have you booked your flights, if so who with and did you get a good deal?

Susan, (looking at flights for September!!!!!)
Old May 22nd 2002, 4:20 pm
Cath

On 22 May 2002 13:20:12 GMT, sophia <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi guys,
    >
    >We were discussing the flight to OZ recently and have decided to grit our teeth and
    >do a 'througher' but decided as it was only one way (YIPPEE!!!) we would go business
    >class; however someone told me that we can't take our child in business class....is
    >this true???
    >
    >I'll be well cross if it is true...especially since we would be paying them for
    >his seat!
    >
    >Can anyone shed some light on this for me.
    >
    >love sophia x
    >
The last time I flew biz class from Los Angeles to Auckland, there were some 6
children between the ages of maybe 3 to 15.

I used to work in the airline industry - believe me, it was not uncommon for very
young children to have their own premium frequent flier memberships. Children flying
biz and first class is **not** uncommon.

Cath

Old May 22nd 2002, 4:20 pm
Bob Hume

Sophia,

I think the person you spoke to was getting confused with a possible upgrade to
business class from coach which will NEVER happen if you have young children in tow.

If you're paying for a business seat for your child then he'll ride up front with the
"suits", don't worry and enjoy the champers.

Bob

"sophia" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Hi guys,
    >
    > We were discussing the flight to OZ recently and have decided to grit our teeth and
    > do a 'througher' but decided as it was only one way (YIPPEE!!!) we would go
    > business class; however someone told me that we can't take our child in business
    > class....is this true???
    >
    > I'll be well cross if it is true...especially since we would be paying them for
    > his seat!
    >
    > Can anyone shed some light on this for me.
    >
    > love sophia x
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

--
Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG

Old May 22nd 2002, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Thanks guys, I thought it would be really strange for an airline to turn down the chance of 3 people travelling business class because one of them might upset the other travellers!!!

Susan, I haven't actually booked yet, but I picked up a fare guide from Austravel and there are some good prices in there, they are only a guide as airlines often have deals on, but Royal Brunei's business class is quite competitive, but then has anyone flown with them?? What are they like??

Also www.ebookers.com (I think!!) do some good deals on business class too.

love sophia x
Old May 22nd 2002, 9:20 pm
Cath

On 22 May 2002 18:21:02 GMT, sophia <[email protected]> wrote:

>Thanks guys, I thought it would be really strange for an airline to turn down the
    >chance of 3 people travelling business class because one of them might upset the
    >other travellers!!!
    >
    >Susan, I haven't actually booked yet, but I picked up a fare guide from Austravel
    >and there are some good prices in there, they are only a guide as airlines often
    >have deals on, but Royal Brunei's business class is quite competitive, but then has
    >anyone flown with them?? What are they like??
    >
    >Also www.ebookers.com (I think!!) do some good deals on business class too.
    >
    >love sophia x
    >
There are some peeps who travel biz and 1st class who very strongly object to
children travelling in these classes.

Sure, if after paying a premium price for biz or 1st class and kid/s were noisy/not
supervised etc, I wouldn't be happy. The action would be to request the flight
attendant to do something.

Just a hint - if you are flying biz and there is both downstairs and upstairs biz
seating, seriously consider seating downstairs. I have flown upstairs and it is IMHO,
rather cramped and not suitable for children.

Cath

Old May 23rd 2002, 3:20 am
Hills

sophia wrote:

> Hi guys,
    >
    > We were discussing the flight to OZ recently and have decided to grit our teeth and
    > do a 'througher' but decided as it was only one way (YIPPEE!!!) we would go
    > business class; however someone told me that we can't take our child in business
    > class....is this true???
    >
    > I'll be well cross if it is true...especially since we would be paying them for
    > his seat!
    >
    > Can anyone shed some light on this for me.
    >
    > love sophia x

Absolutely. Just back from a month in the UK - business class all the way, with the
boys, aged 9, 7 and 3. It was a bugger to be woken in the middle of night by a
screaming 12mth old a couple of row forward.

Kids everywhere in business class. And didn't they love it- personal TV's with hot
and cold running Harry Potter videos and Nickelodeon, lots of buttons to push to
adjust their seats; they could ask for a Coke and actually get one, (not like asking
their boring parents and getting told NO). ... AND when they slept through their
meals, the flight attendant brought them icecream for a snack!!!

Possible sources of your information: on 747's, often the upper deck is (informally)
a child free zone. All the kids get to stay downstairs!!! I've also heard rumours
that some airlines don't like kids in first class.

Go for it - and enjoy! LJ

Old May 23rd 2002, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks guys for all the info. We are definitely going to fly business then and stuff what the suits think!!!

The stuff about some airlines not liking kids in first class...what happens if you're some rich family, are they still going to get funny about kids then, and if you're prepared to pay how can they stop you?? Just curious you understand, I might win the lottery before we go!!!

love sophia x
Old May 23rd 2002, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

cazsue is an unknown quantity at this point

Sophia, remember me when you win the lottery.

My hubby had the idea of himself travelling business and the rest of us in economy.... I am sure you can imagine my response.

Good luck with the flight hunting.

Regards

Caz
Old May 23rd 2002, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

Mike Peters is an unknown quantity at this point

hi we are flying business class on sunday 26th to adelaid with Malaysian with our daughter £4848.00 and we can take 60kg per person and our daughter gets the same allowance.
Old May 24th 2002, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Mike

Yeah, that's part of the reason we decided to go business class, the extra, massive luggage allowance. Will you post here when you arrive and let me know what it was like with Malaysian as that is one of the flight options we're considering....we don't leave the UK until September ...but at least we're going!!! )))

love sophia x
Old May 24th 2002, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

colind is an unknown quantity at this point

Sophia

My wife and I have flown with Malaysian twice in Business (I am lucky in that my work has an office in Sydney so I've been able to combine business with pleasure and get one ticket paid for!).

Malaysian were excellent both times. Watch out for their famous chicken and beef satay which they wheel out as nibbles before each meal. Yummy!

We're moving to Sydney in a couple of weeks and this time we're flying Cathay, who I have also used before and who are also excellent (although I once got into a bit of an argument with an irate first class passenger because I used 1st class loos by mistake!!).

My wife has also flown Royal Brunei but only in economy. She rated them...although it is a bit of a milk run with 3 or 4 stops so watch out for that (they didn't actually put all the stops on the itinerary).

Whatever you choose, enjoy and have a wonderful time down there.

Col
Old May 24th 2002, 12:35 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Very unusual I know - but we flew economy on Singapore (Steerage) London - Sydney, and people moved from around us because of the children? (or just there were a few seats) ages 9 and 12 - they spread out and slept!! 13 hour and 7 hours flight - most pleasant experience of my life. My daughter will be flying with her Grandad to Vancouver later this year from Syndey, Business class. I hope she gets the same service! Toys and caring attention.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.