British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Question about 47SP form. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/question-about-47sp-form-546049/)

JBlokeUK Jun 30th 2008 2:53 pm

Question about 47SP form.

Hi all,

Literally days now from submitting my application for a prospective marriage visa. :eek:

Am now double checking that the forms are completed correctly and have got to question 9 which reads 'Have you or any dependent family members (migrating with you or not) previously been to Australia, held or currently hold a visa for travel to Australia.

Now do I answer yes to this and enter details of my visit to Brisbane in April? Only reason I ask is because it asks for a visa label number which I dont have as I entered on an ETA.

Slightly confused by this question so any help would be great :thumbsup:

Steve G Jun 30th 2008 3:31 pm

Re: Question about 47SP form.

Just enter "ETA" in the bit where it asks for the visa number! ;)

JBlokeUK Jul 1st 2008 9:40 am

Is it really as simple as that?! :eek:

Sorry I just want to make sure everything is completed correctly on the form.

Rainydaze Jul 1st 2008 10:20 am

Yes, that's really all you need to do. I was stumped by this question too but followed the BE advice. Basically, if you list ETA and indicate dates of travel, they'll have access to these records. Good luck!:)

Pollyana Jul 1st 2008 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Rainydaze (Post 6522095)
Yes, that's really all you need to do. I was stumped by this question too but followed the BE advice. Basically, if you list ETA and indicate dates of travel, they'll have access to these records. Good luck!:)

Yep, just put ETA and then dates you were here - they know it anyway, they just want you to be honest and confirm it :)

JBlokeUK Jul 1st 2008 1:57 pm

Excellent, thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Can just print off that page and fill it in again and that will be the 47SP form done, ready to submit my application :thumbsup:

Sandy.l Jul 14th 2008 1:05 pm

I just need to ask another question about this point. The form asks for 'Place of Issue' would that be Adelaide or would it be the place we were travelling to (in our case Brisbane and Melbourne)? Thanks!

Pollyana Jul 14th 2008 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by Sandy.l (Post 6569409)
I just need to ask another question about this point. The form asks for 'Place of Issue' would that be Adelaide or would it be the place we were travelling to (in our case Brisbane and Melbourne)? Thanks!

If you were coming from the UK, just put "UK", as thats where it wa granted. Yes, its really that easy :)

Sandy.l Jul 14th 2008 1:23 pm

I'm applying online for 475 visa and the fields won't allow me to enter UK or enter ETA in visa number box. I think I need a break, I'll go make a cuppa and refresh my brain!

Thanks anyway
S