Question about 190 Visa

Old Dec 20th 2012, 10:39 am
Just Joined

hthoria is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question about 190 Visa

I've scored 7.5 overall in IELTS (8.5,8.5,6.5,6.5).
Experience - 3 years ( Accenture - India)
Occupation - SAP Basis consultant. I am confused whether it comes under System Analyst or System Admin.
However, both of them come under "special conditions" in the SA list. Does that make me virtually ineligible for appyling to SA?
Old Dec 20th 2012, 11:23 am
rocky!!

shanjani is an unknown quantity at this point

It does not necessarily makes you ineligible , but it is better to apply for another state,, as there may be limited seats left and more conditions may be required to prove eligibility.
And they take around 2 months plus to make decision , in that case it may be refused after later on which would waste your time alot.

I would advice u apply for any other state where there is high availability in your professional occupation. WA could be good idea mainly because of few reasons.
1) they take avg 2 to 3 weeks to make decision
2) their IELTS requirement is 6 for mos of the occupations.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 11:36 am
Just Joined

My occupation is in NSW and ACT as of now. Any experience about these states?
Old Dec 20th 2012, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

ios_ghost is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hthoria
My occupation is in NSW and ACT as of now. Any experience about these states?
you can go for NSW . . . but it is your choice. . . . NSW Office will remain closed from 20 dec due to christmas.

Lots of my friends are applying for NSW. . .

Pls dont delay to take you decision. And in NSW you will not need to show financial ability like other states. . . I found their process is simple but based on offline. . . .
Old Dec 20th 2012, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shanjani
South Australia on 11-Oct-2012, got invitation to apply for visa today
Electronics Engineer
CONGRATULATIONS
Old Dec 20th 2012, 4:14 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ios_ghost
you can go for NSW . . . but it is your choice. . . . NSW Office will remain closed from 20 dec due to christmas.

Pls dont delay to take you decision. And in NSW you will not need to show financial ability like other states. . . I found their process is simple but based on offline. . . .
But before anything he needs to get his skills assessed. Once he has that, then consider state sponsorship, as choices may be limited by final ANZSCO occupation
Old Dec 20th 2012, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
But before anything he needs to get his skills assessed. Once he has that, then consider state sponsorship, as choices may be limited by final ANZSCO occupation
Hello,

I am a bit finicky about State sponsorship as the occupation against which I get my skills assessed will be the one I will be using for my SS correct?
Old Dec 20th 2012, 9:11 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

I am a bit finicky about State sponsorship as the occupation against which I get my skills assessed will be the one I will be using for my SS correct?
That's correct - once you have skills assessment then that is the occupation you use for state sponsorship
Old Dec 21st 2012, 2:25 am
Just Joined

Hello,

What do you mean by "based on offline" ?

Regards,
Harsh
Old Dec 21st 2012, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

Hello,

What do you mean by "based on offline" ?

Regards,
Harsh
There are some application forms published in NSW website.You need to download and print them.After completing the application you have to attach all necessary docs and as application fee you need to include a bank draft(Online payment through credit card is not accepted)

Then you will send the docs through courier like DHL

NSW will take six weeks to acknowledge you that, they received you application. . . . . . . .

Ha ha ha ha = Offline system
Old Dec 21st 2012, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
That's correct - once you have skills assessment then that is the occupation you use for state sponsorship
oh sorry I missed that part. Yes you are right
Old Dec 21st 2012, 4:22 am
Just Joined

There are some application forms published in NSW website.You need to download and print them.After completing the application you have to attach all necessary docs and as application fee you need to include a bank draft(Online payment through credit card is not accepted)

Then you will send the docs through courier like DHL

NSW will take six weeks to acknowledge you that, they received you application. . . . . . . .

Ha ha ha ha = Offline system
Thanks ios_ghost

I was going through SkillSelect website and under it they have the "Reports" tab which mentions the maximum number of invitations that will be issued for December. They have the information only for SKilled Independent (189) and Skilled Regional Provisional (489) but not for 190.
Does it mean that there will be no 190 visas issued?

Regards,
Harsh
Old Dec 21st 2012, 3:16 pm
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks ios_ghost

I was going through SkillSelect website and under it they have the "Reports" tab which mentions the maximum number of invitations that will be issued for December. They have the information only for SKilled Independent (189) and Skilled Regional Provisional (489) but not for 190.
Does it mean that there will be no 190 visas issued?

Regards,
Harsh
From what I understand as soon as a state decides to sponsor you and you return the agreement they update the status in SkillSelect and you get invited at any time. There is no cut-off or scheduled invitation dates for 190 (at least that's my understanding for WA)
Old Dec 21st 2012, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by msmyrtle
From what I understand as soon as a state decides to sponsor you and you return the agreement they update the status in SkillSelect and you get invited at any time. There is no cut-off or scheduled invitation dates for 190 (at least that's my understanding for WA)
Thanks

Isn't it that once a state updates the status in skillselect is as good as getting the invite?
Can you brief the things that happen after a state updates the status of an application in skillselect?
Old Dec 22nd 2012, 12:48 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Isn't it that once a state updates the status in skillselect is as good as getting the invite?
Can you brief the things that happen after a state updates the status of an application in skillselect?
Yeah, once a state updates the status, I believe SkillSelect generates an automatic invite.

Once you get invited, you will get a TRN number and access to the DIAC website where you upload all the supporting documents that you have.

I am currently waiting for a case officer to be allocated to me, hoping to get one in the new year...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.