query regarding job-switch-assessment‏

Old Oct 25th 2014, 10:15 am
Just Joined

haris_sikander is an unknown quantity at this point
Default query regarding job-switch-assessment‏

Hope you must be doing great. I have couple of queries to ask.

I have already got my positive skill assessment in April-2014. I got assessed overseas experience of 7 years and 8 months. Now I have the opportunity to work in better organization but with same job responsibilities which I am doing currently and which are already assessed by the engineers Australia. Now my questions are,

(1) If I switch my job and join another organization with same job responsibilities, do I have to get my further experience assessed for new organization from Engineers Australia? Because I need another 4 months experience to complete my 8 years overseas work experience, and having 8 years overseas work experience means I can claim 15 points for an immigration purpose.

(2) Suppose if your answer is “YES” that I will have to get the positive assessment for new organization. What is the procedure then? Do I have to write the CDR again? And what supporting documents are required. Please guide.
Old Oct 25th 2014, 10:56 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: query regarding job-switch-assessment‏

Originally Posted by haris_sikander
Hope you must be doing great. I have couple of queries to ask.

I have already got my positive skill assessment in April-2014. I got assessed overseas experience of 7 years and 8 months. Now I have the opportunity to work in better organization but with same job responsibilities which I am doing currently and which are already assessed by the engineers Australia. Now my questions are,

(1) If I switch my job and join another organization with same job responsibilities, do I have to get my further experience assessed for new organization from Engineers Australia? Because I need another 4 months experience to complete my 8 years overseas work experience, and having 8 years overseas work experience means I can claim 15 points for an immigration purpose.

(2) Suppose if your answer is “YES” that I will have to get the positive assessment for new organization. What is the procedure then? Do I have to write the CDR again? And what supporting documents are required. Please guide.
Are you still working for the same employer as when you were assessed? If so you will already have more than 8 years.

Otherwise you could check with EA about getting a new employment assessed. I know I didn't have employment assessed - I just supplied references, payslips etc.
Old Oct 25th 2014, 11:22 am
Just Joined

i really appreciate your ans. no my 8 years experience would be completed in jan-2015. ryt now my assessed exp from same employer is 7 years 8 months. my question is, do i have to get another assessment for new employer?

Note: my job responsibilities are the same in new organization.
Old Oct 25th 2014, 11:38 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

i really appreciate your ans. no my 8 years experience would be completed in jan-2015. ryt now my assessed exp from same employer is 7 years 8 months. my question is, do i have to get another assessment for new employer?

Note: my job responsibilities are the same in new organization.
DIBP have the following to say on claiming points for employment :

Skilled employment is where:
•the relevant assessing authority provides an opinion in your suitable skills assessment that your employment is skilled (you must use the date that skilled employment commenced stated in your skills assessment)
•your employment experience meets the standards for skilled employment set by the relevant assessing authority on their website.
Old Oct 25th 2014, 11:47 am
Just Joined

i am not able to completely grab the meaning of ur pasted DIPB statements... would u translate it for me in simpler words? do i have to just get the opinion from engineersaust for new employer's job? but i haven't seen the procedure even though i ve thoroughly gone through the website. what you suggest??

in plain words, can u be fairly sure that i will not have to get new assessment for new employer?
Old Oct 25th 2014, 11:50 am

i am not able to completely grab the meaning of ur pasted DIPB statements... would u translate it for me in simpler words? do i have to just get the opinion from engineersaust for new employer's job? but i haven't seen the procedure even though i ve thoroughly gone through the website. what you suggest??

in plain words, can u be fairly sure that i will not have to get new assessment for new employer?
If you can't find any info on the EA website for what they consider skilled employment I would contact them for advice. The safest option is to get the employment assessed when the time comes but see what EA say first.
Old Oct 25th 2014, 11:55 am
Just Joined

i really really appreciate your concern... you advised ryt to be get assessed... but the problem is that there is no criteria for this mentioned on their website... i mean for just four months exp, would i ve to write another CDRs? so i need proper guidlines and i will wait for your final call... thanks a lot....
Old Oct 25th 2014, 12:15 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

i really really appreciate your concern... you advised ryt to be get assessed... but the problem is that there is no criteria for this mentioned on their website... i mean for just four months exp, would i ve to write another CDRs? so i need proper guidlines and i will wait for your final call... thanks a lot....
I know this is not a formal assessment or job application, but it would be really so much easier if you wrote in English instead of text speak. Your posts are very difficult to understand and it will serve you well to get used to using correct spelling and grammar for when you do emigrate to Australia.
Old Oct 25th 2014, 12:16 pm

Ask EA - contact them from the website - Migration Skills Assessment | Engineers Australia

(At the bottom of the page is a form for skilled employment assessment - not sure if this can be done separately which is why I said contact them.)

You seem reluctant to get an assessment though so your gamble I guess to just claim the points without the assessment and hope DIBP agree. Hopefully the new job will go well after being unemployed since April - not fun
Old Oct 25th 2014, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

lolz, my words might give you the impression of being reluctant but honestly i am not, reason is, i don't know the proper channel, but i really appreciate your time... i have asked them a general query to guide me, lets see what they have to say about this.... thankxxxxxx for ur time.....
Old Oct 25th 2014, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

this is copy paste from the link you mentioned....

"for those who have at least 1 year Australian work experience, and / or at least 3 years Overseas work experience in their nominated occupation or a closely-related occupation, then an additional assessing service is available to provide an opinion on the skilled employment claims. High-level evidence will be required to support any claim of work experience as well as completion of this form. (Extra fee applicable - $250 + GST)
See Section D of the July 2012 edition of the MSA Booklet for details.""""

what i grabbed from this, you need to have minimum three years overseas work exp to get an opinion from EA........ wht u say??
Old Oct 25th 2014, 12:36 pm

this is copy paste from the link you mentioned....

"for those who have at least 1 year Australian work experience, and / or at least 3 years Overseas work experience in their nominated occupation or a closely-related occupation, then an additional assessing service is available to provide an opinion on the skilled employment claims. High-level evidence will be required to support any claim of work experience as well as completion of this form. (Extra fee applicable - $250 + GST)
See Section D of the July 2012 edition of the MSA Booklet for details.""""

what i grabbed from this, you need to have minimum three years overseas work exp to get an opinion from EA........ wht u say??
Points are awarded for a minimum 1 year Australian experience or 3 years overseas experience which is why those limits are set I guess. You have 7+ years experience. If you do not need the points for 8 years then no worries. If you need the points then contact EA for advice on whether or not they can assess the additional 4 months experience when you have it. Not sure what your issue is with contacting them especially seeing as you have the time at the moment. Of course, even if it is assessed, DIBP will still verify the employment is genuine.
Old Oct 25th 2014, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

yep i have contacted EA to give their opinion.... i have asked them for procedure also..... their ans is expected within next two weeks... will share their opinion here as well... thankx
Old Oct 25th 2014, 2:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Getting work experience assessed is entirely optional anyway, so you are not going to find any rule about whether you need to get the last few months assessed - because none of it needed to be assessed.

I am sure EA will advise that you do get it assessed however, because that is more fee income for them,
Old Oct 25th 2014, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

hmmmmmm u may be right....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.