Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Query on parent details on Citizenship application

Query on parent details on Citizenship application

Old Aug 13th 2015, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

stuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura aboutstuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura aboutstuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura about
Default Query on parent details on Citizenship application

Not actually sure why they're asking this question, but on the online application where it asks for our parents details there's a bit that says;

Passport Details:-

Does this parent have the details of the last passport used to enter or depart Australia?

A couple of questions on this. First of all, my Dad's never been to Australia, so I assume I just put "no"?

The other one is trickier. My wife's parents did come out at Christmas, but we've since fallen out with them in a big way, and there's not a hope in hell we can get a hold of any passport details, especially as the argument was centred around us living in Australia. Therefore going back to them currently would be tricky enough, but doing it for Citizenship, well that would be a big no no. So not sure how I answer that one on my wife's one.
Old Aug 13th 2015, 6:53 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Query on parent details on Citizenship application

Originally Posted by stuartsummers1980
Not actually sure why they're asking this question, but on the online application where it asks for our parents details there's a bit that says;

Passport Details:-

Does this parent have the details of the last passport used to enter or depart Australia?

A couple of questions on this. First of all, my Dad's never been to Australia, so I assume I just put "no"?

The other one is trickier. My wife's parents did come out at Christmas, but we've since fallen out with them in a big way, and there's not a hope in hell we can get a hold of any passport details, especially as the argument was centred around us living in Australia. Therefore going back to them currently would be tricky enough, but doing it for Citizenship, well that would be a big no no. So not sure how I answer that one on my wife's one.
Firstly are you sure they are asking about YOUR parents, and not your child's parents? ( I applied years ago on paper, & never had questions about my parents ever visiting Aus (not that they did).
Secondly, I'd just put No if they do want the details of your parents and you don't have them. There's no way they can/will ever try and prove that answer is wrong!
Old Aug 13th 2015, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

stuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura aboutstuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura aboutstuartsummers1980 has a spectacular aura about

Well part 10/33 of the online application asks us about Details of children and one of the final questions is;

Does the applicant have any children under 16 years of age that are not applying for citizenship within this application?

The answer is yes as she's already a citizen.

The next part when you jump to the next page is then 12/33 and says;

Details of parents

Give details of all parents of the applicant. So having told them my daughter isn't part of the applications surely I'm the applicant? No?

So surely it's asking for details of my parents no?

Last edited by stuartsummers1980; Aug 14th 2015 at 12:08 am.
Old Aug 14th 2015, 12:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuartsummers1980
Well part 10/33 of the online application asks us about Details of children and one of the final questions is;

Does the applicant have any children under 16 years of age that are not applying for citizenship within this application?

The answer is yes as she's already a citizen.

The next part when you jump to the next page is then 12/33 and says;

Details of parents

Give details of all parents of the applicant. So having told them my daughter isn't part of the applications surely I'm the applicant? No?

So surely it's asking for details of my parents no?
Mmm, certainly sounds like it! However if you don't know if your parents still have the relevant passports, I would just say no.
I can't see that its going to matter -in many cases people are not going to be bothering their parents asking about stuff like that! i've just looked at the paper version of the current form and it only asks for parent's current citizenship & whether they have ever been an Aussie citizen. i'd just say no to the passport question.