Query over NZ points for JSV

Old Jan 26th 2003, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

jajpe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Query over NZ points for JSV

hi all!
i was mooching around on the web last night, as you do on a saturday night!! and came accross a really useful site called www.proteapacific.co.nz it's full of useful info and especially good for giving an idea of NZ salaries etc.

it appears to be an immigration agent's site aimed mostly at americans. however, i have no idea what they are like as agents in case someone thinks i am recomending them!

my query though-and i thought this might be interesting to some - is that they seem to be saying under their 'finding a job' section, that if you are up to '8' points below the current passmark that you will be offered a job searh visa and not the usual '5' i have heard quoted. that would seem to make sense to me as a job offer is worth 8 points at the current level but i hadn't heard it mentioned anywhere else and wonder if there is anyone who could confirm or deny this.

let me know what you think of the site anyway. i think it's one of the most informative i've seen.
Old Jan 26th 2003, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Black Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Query over NZ points for JSV

Originally posted by jajpe
hi all!
i was mooching around on the web last night, as you do on a saturday night!! and came accross a really useful site called www.proteapacific.co.nz it's full of useful info and especially good for giving an idea of NZ salaries etc.

it appears to be an immigration agent's site aimed mostly at americans. however, i have no idea what they are like as agents in case someone thinks i am recomending them!

my query though-and i thought this might be interesting to some - is that they seem to be saying under their 'finding a job' section, that if you are up to '8' points below the current passmark that you will be offered a job searh visa and not the usual '5' i have heard quoted. that would seem to make sense to me as a job offer is worth 8 points at the current level but i hadn't heard it mentioned anywhere else and wonder if there is anyone who could confirm or deny this.

let me know what you think of the site anyway. i think it's one of the most informative i've seen.

Thanks Shirley, I was just searching today for this kind of information (I saw this website ages ago, forgot about it). Yes, it's relatively informative - wonder if one can really rely on the figures though, most of the info is from 2001 I think, and a lot has changed since then (stronger economy/large influx of immigrants affecting house prices for instance). 'Typical salaries' section too could be very misleading - are these typical salaries for Auckland? There's no way to gauge this from the info given. If they are, could make you feel bad about what is actually a good salary offer in, say, Dunedin. I tell you, trying to gauge salaries in NZ has been one of the most frustrating tasks I've ever set out for myself! Salaries are a touchy area for most people - you can do a search back through this forum for instance and find hundreds of QUESTIONS about salaries, yet try to find one answer where a specific salary is mentioned for a specific job. People who land jobs in NZ do not offer this useful info - not even a hint!! (hint hint!)

Cheers!
TA

OOPS! Forgot to answer your question re JSV points - the ONLY place to find assuredly- correct information about this and any other immigration question is at NZIS. And a few days ago when I checked, nothing had changed: still need to be within 5 points of passmark to apply for JSV, and a job is still worth 8 points with present passmark (29 pts).

Last edited by Black Sheep; Jan 26th 2003 at 5:20 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2003, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

lizzie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Query over NZ points for JSV

Originally posted by jajpe
hi all!

This speaks volumes for the standard of this immigration agent - they are completely wrong in this. You have to be within 5 points of the passmark to be offered a JSV but are awarded 8 points if you get a job. This means that if you get a job and on your application you had stated that you were going to lodge settlement funds, you will not now have to do this as you have 3 "spare" points.

Lizzie