Wikiposts

Query about 175 application process

Old May 4th 2009, 12:49 am
Just Joined

steve_123 is on a distinguished road
Default Query about 175 application process

Hi there, just wondering if anyone can offer advice on the following...

Basically, to get the requisite 120 points, my wife needs to claim 10 points for having 3 of the previous 4 years in employment (she is applying as a secondary school teacher); however the date on which she will have completed these 3 years as a teacher is not til the end of June 2009.

The question is simply would it matter if we applied now (we have positive skills assessments in hand) rather than waiting another 2 months because by the time the CO got round to checking the documents we would surely be ok?

Just getting itchy feet and feeling nervous that the CSL may change soon - so we want to get on with our application asap...any advice gratefully received!
Old May 4th 2009, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Query about 175 application process

No, she has to have had 3 years experience before she applies - see here - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...experience.htm
Old May 4th 2009, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

Mikoy21 is an unknown quantity at this point

If there are going to be further changes to the skilled migration program (which I feel are highly likely) they'd probably operate on all applications including those already in the pipeline (before visa grant) so that if you lodged an application today and the rules changed end of May your application would probably be processed under the new rules, not under those when you had lodged it.

Just my opinon
Old May 4th 2009, 2:37 am

Perthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mikoy21
If there are going to be further changes to the skilled migration program (which I feel are highly likely) they'd probably operate on all applications including those already in the pipeline (before visa grant) so that if you lodged an application today and the rules changed end of May your application would probably be processed under the new rules, not under those when you had lodged it.

Just my opinon
Couldn't agree more Mikoy21! It's extremely unlikely that sertain applications would be excempt from further changes. If/when DIAC change their criteria, IMHO everyone will be effected regardless of lodgement date.
Old May 4th 2009, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

steve_123 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated