Queensland State Sponsored visa

Old May 13th 2009, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

cfmx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Queensland State Sponsored visa

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
I am confused? Requested by DIAC ?

I was in the impression that we need to intimate QLD first that we accept the SS and give our file no. to them..Then we need to inform DIAC stating that we have accpeted the QLD SS and give some reference no and ask them to switch our application to 176...meanwhile QLD will send some form to DIAC and we will get CO.

Why DIAC will request any information from QLD?
Hi Aman,

slippery30 is correct. I have confirmed with the Senior Project Officer at QLD. Steps are as follows;

1. State approves Sponsorship request

2. Applicant is sent the letter of approval

3. Applicant informs DIAC

4. DIAC electronically sends applicant details to QLD

5. QLD eletronically sends the sponsorship letter

6. Hopefully CO is assigned :-)

I have the above process confirmed by QLD.

cheers
cfmx
Old May 13th 2009, 11:10 am
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cfmx
Hi Aman,

slippery30 is correct. I have confirmed with the Senior Project Officer at QLD. Steps are as follows;

1. State approves Sponsorship request

2. Applicant is sent the letter of approval

3. Applicant informs DIAC

4. DIAC electronically sends applicant details to QLD

5. QLD eletronically sends the sponsorship letter

6. Hopefully CO is assigned :-)

I have the above process confirmed by QLD.

cheers
cfmx
So means I don't have to inform QLD ? right?
Old May 13th 2009, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

So means I don't have to inform QLD ? right?
Yes, DIAC would directly contact QLD.

cheers
cfmx
Old May 14th 2009, 2:41 pm
Bite me, I like it...

Off to the Sun will become famous soon enough

hi guys,
I've been searching for the list of docs that need to be sent to qld ss and I'm just wondering would a scan of the TRA letter be ok? The reason I ask is my agent has it and she's looking for €500 to process the ss application (when in all fairness I could do it myself in an hr!) and I don't want to ask her for the original back.

Also do the docs have to be certified like for the 175 (applied Aug 08) or will colour copies do? Actually if anyone could point me to the list or thread about this I'd be most grateful. I don't see anywhere where the form asks for birth cert/ passport type things, can anyone help me!!!

Thanks
Old May 14th 2009, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Off to the Sun
hi guys,
I've been searching for the list of docs that need to be sent to qld ss and I'm just wondering would a scan of the TRA letter be ok? The reason I ask is my agent has it and she's looking for €500 to process the ss application (when in all fairness I could do it myself in an hr!) and I don't want to ask her for the original back.

Also do the docs have to be certified like for the 175 (applied Aug 08) or will colour copies do? Actually if anyone could point me to the list or thread about this I'd be most grateful. I don't see anywhere where the form asks for birth cert/ passport type things, can anyone help me!!!

Thanks
Hi there,

Most of my submissions were plain photocopies (not color). I think only two documents were certified in my application package. When Project Officer asked for additional documents, I just scanned (color) and emailed them.

My application was approved earlier this week. Entire process was quite straight forward and QLD folks were extremely helpful on the phone.

Good luck

cfmx
Old May 14th 2009, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

QLD doesn't accept email applications. So you to need send paper based application. So there's no questions of scans itself.
Old May 14th 2009, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
QLD doesn't accept email applications. So you to need send paper based application. So there's no questions of scans itself.
Correct. Unless someone has a project officer assigned following submission of application.
Old May 15th 2009, 8:42 am
Bite me, I like it...

so I just send copies of the originals that are certified? As I can't get my hands on the original tra letter does that mean I'm fecked? I have all the employer references and certification documents which I can send no problem, if I send the scan (printed out) would that be ok?
Old May 15th 2009, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Yes they just need copies (xerox or print out or hard copy) as mentioned on the website. Certified copies are not mandatory. You need to mail/courier them at the their address. There's form available on QLD website, you can fill it, it contains the checklist as what supporting docs are reqd with SS application.
Old May 15th 2009, 10:43 am
Bite me, I like it...

thanks very much for that mpgrewal
Old May 16th 2009, 7:13 am
Account Closed

Guys..one more news...I got VIC SS today ...so now i have 2 SS...QLd and VIc..will accept the same in 2-3 days time...
Old May 16th 2009, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Guys..one more news...I got VIC SS today ...so now i have 2 SS...QLd and VIc..will accept the same in 2-3 days time...
Congrats!
Old May 16th 2009, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

vslamba is an unknown quantity at this point

Better use it before it is late
Old May 16th 2009, 8:04 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by vslamba
Better use it before it is late
Why it will be late? QLD SS is valid for one year and VIC Ss is valid for 6 months....
Old May 16th 2009, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

vslamba is an unknown quantity at this point

Why it will be late? QLD SS is valid for one year and VIC Ss is valid for 6 months....
Its not about validity, if you plan to go to a state and have a SS better get a CO in 10 days and get the visa asap before there are changes in policies and all.

If you dont plan to a settle in a state for some time then can take a small risk for 175

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.