Queensland State Sponsored visa

Old Aug 25th 2009, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

LINZI32 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Queensland State Sponsored visa

Originally Posted by missa
Hi Lindsay

I've read on hear somewhere that they are asking for between £15000 & £20000 in liquid assets ( cant remember where i read it though !! ) We've nowhere near this!!! We have a business to sell which we have no intention of selling until we get our visa as it is our home & our job!! I am beginning to lose hope very rapidly!! The dream seems to be fading!!
Me too, to be honest am getting fed up with it all now...doing my head in.

We have £23K which in not tied up then the equity in the house but if there asking for $60 AUS D then am about £15k short....

Might as well give up now...!!

God this is so stressful !!

Keep yah chin up x
Old Aug 25th 2009, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

chrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to all

Originally Posted by LINZI32
Me too, to be honest am getting fed up with it all now...doing my head in.

We have £23K which in not tied up then the equity in the house but if there asking for $60 AUS D then am about £15k short....

Might as well give up now...!!

God this is so stressful !!

Keep yah chin up x
I suppose you could give up, it depends how much you want it. Sure it's stressful, lot's of things in life are but if we gave up at every hurdle then not much would ever get done.
If it was easy to get to Oz, then everyone with half an idea to go there would be in and the place would be bursting at the seams.
£15K might sould like a lot of money, it is, but it's not unachievable. A couple of years back a company went bust on us owing us over forty grand, I thought we were f----d to be honest, but I was not going to give up easily and we turned things round.
I learned a lot that year, one of which is that if it's worth fighting for, then bloody well fight for it.

Good luck all.

Chris.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

Liam Jackson is on a distinguished road

Hi

I asked my agent the same question today, they told me to wait until they ask for it because there not asking every person or not with my agents anyway.

I asked how much we would need if they did ask and told me $40 per couple, $60 per family of 4.... and they wont take the equity in your house into consideration which is silly !!

So i better get saving or sell the house quick !! We are a family or 4 and got just over the couple rate...nightmare !!

Lindsey
Lindsey

We are a family of 4 and I recieved a request from Qld on Mon. I had to prove i had savings (or accessable liquidated assests) of more than $34000 - about 17k.

I could not use equity in property etc as any form of evidence.

I am not qualified to say that the figure of $34000 is generic to all families of 4, a figure may be given on a case by case basis but at least you get a feel for what is being done.

Another important point is that you are given 60 days to provide your proof, if you cannot do so your case is closed (or that was the criteria given in my particular scenario).

I hope this info helps you plan for any eventuality, but then again as you say, you may not even be asked.

Good Luck

Liam
Old Aug 26th 2009, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

cfmx is an unknown quantity at this point

Visa granted today, I have QLD and VIC SS

Cheers
cfmx
Old Aug 26th 2009, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

Mayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really nice

Originally Posted by cfmx

Cheers
cfmx
Congrats .....you made it.... have a good time ahead....
Old Aug 26th 2009, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

cfmx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mayur
Congrats .....you made it.... have a good time ahead....
thank you! good luck to you.

cheers
cfmx
Old Aug 26th 2009, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

manix is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one CFMX, best of luck for the next stage!
Old Aug 26th 2009, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

corleone is an unknown quantity at this point

im a march 25th applicant,
and finally they have now shown interest in my application and is requesting to prove/show my financial capability of $ 27k ( we are a family of 4)i wonder whats the basis. and they are requesting for me to provide some more proof that i was an apprentice as a baker.. what more do they want?my agent has sent everything to them that we provided TRA...AND that was very detailed...any suggestions?
Old Aug 26th 2009, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of

Just sent off my application this morning via courier from South Africa with proof of 56,000$ for a family of 5.By the sounds of things though they are getting more and more strict so hopefully that will suffice without the goal post changing again
Old Aug 26th 2009, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

manix is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by corleone
im a march 25th applicant,
and finally they have now shown interest in my application and is requesting to prove/show my financial capability of $ 27k ( we are a family of 4)i wonder whats the basis. and they are requesting for me to provide some more proof that i was an apprentice as a baker.. what more do they want?my agent has sent everything to them that we provided TRA...AND that was very detailed...any suggestions?
So did they already have proof of the financial information in your original application or was this the first you heard of it? Likely as you were a March applicant they did not ask you initially for it??
Old Aug 26th 2009, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Dennis74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Things are moving ...

I've been asked for proof of funds this morning (app received on 30 March).
I didn't provide it back in March because it had not been on the list of required documents.

I am a carpenter - so I dare say all you tradies out there shouldn't worry too much because our professions were taken of Qld's elibility list

ps: The request was sent per email

Last edited by Dennis74; Aug 26th 2009 at 2:37 pm. Reason: Added ps
Old Aug 26th 2009, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chrisling
I suppose you could give up, it depends how much you want it. Sure it's stressful, lot's of things in life are but if we gave up at every hurdle then not much would ever get done.
If it was easy to get to Oz, then everyone with half an idea to go there would be in and the place would be bursting at the seams.
£15K might sould like a lot of money, it is, but it's not unachievable. A couple of years back a company went bust on us owing us over forty grand, I thought we were f----d to be honest, but I was not going to give up easily and we turned things round.
I learned a lot that year, one of which is that if it's worth fighting for, then bloody well fight for it.

Good luck all.

Chris.

Hey

Thanks for the comments....i will keep my chin up and keep thinking were to find the extra £15k.....rob a bank maybe...who knows.... I will worry about it when they ask me for it !! otherwise basically am F*****D !!

I have £80k in the house but they dont look at that now...

Think i better get askig mummy for some money to put in my account for a few months.

Well i will keep waiting for the dreaded email

Good luck with your application x
Old Aug 26th 2009, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dennis74
Things are moving ...

I've been asked for proof of funds this morning (app received on 30 March).
I didn't provide it back in March because it had not been on the list of required documents.

I am a carpenter - so I dare say all you tradies out there shouldn't worry too much because our professions were taken of Qld's elibility list

ps: The request was sent per email
Hi

Great news, your right there def pulling there finger out this week..

My fellas a joiners so thats good knowing your application is being looked at.

We didnt have to provide funds either due to it not being asked...think i might get mine ready because they seem to be asking everyone
What do they want copies of bank statements.??? Mortage statesments?

Bet your glad there looking at your application ours was received 14th April so maybe another month for me

Last edited by LINZI32; Aug 26th 2009 at 3:26 pm.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cfmx

Cheers
cfmx

Brilliant news....good luck with everything else....should start moving fast for you now..
Old Aug 26th 2009, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Dennis74 is an unknown quantity at this point

*snip*
What do they want copies of bank statements.??? Mortage statesments?

Bet your glad there looking at your application ours was received 14th April so maybe another month for me
They did not ask for a specific document - I think it's up to us to decide what is appropriate and/or sufficient.
The emphasis, though, was on "funds in form of savings rather than any other asset forms such as house, etc.".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.