qualification assessment questions

Old Jan 8th 2005, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

Black Knight is an unknown quantity at this point
Default qualification assessment questions

Hi folks. I'm new to the board and the whole process of emmigrating to Oz

I've been completing the online teaching qualification assessment on noosr and have a querry.
Everything looks pretty straight forward except the advice that I should send certified copies of 'transcripts, student books or mark books' from my degree and from my own high school days.
I graduated some 15 years ago and all I have is my degree certificate and 'A' level certificates. What exactly is it that is required?-I'm confused
Old Jan 8th 2005, 3:54 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: qualification assessment questions

Originally Posted by Black Knight
Hi folks. I'm new to the board and the whole process of emmigrating to Oz

I've been completing the online teaching qualification assessment on noosr and have a querry.
Everything looks pretty straight forward except the advice that I should send certified copies of 'transcripts, student books or mark books' from my degree and from my own high school days.
I graduated some 15 years ago and all I have is my degree certificate and 'A' level certificates. What exactly is it that is required?-I'm confused
Hiya Black Knight,

I didn't send anything from my school days, I did however get in touch with my uni who were able to send all my transcripts through and details of my teaching experience. Make sure that you have at least 3 certified copies of everything. One for NOOSR, one for visa application and one for registration in chosen state. Good luck and if you need any further help get in touch. If I can help I will.
Sarah
Old Jan 8th 2005, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by teach
Hiya Black Knight,

I didn't send anything from my school days, I did however get in touch with my uni who were able to send all my transcripts through and details of my teaching experience. Make sure that you have at least 3 certified copies of everything. One for NOOSR, one for visa application and one for registration in chosen state. Good luck and if you need any further help get in touch. If I can help I will.
Sarah
Thanks for the quick reply, Sarah.
Not wishing to appear completely thick, but, transcripts of what exactly!?
Old Jan 8th 2005, 4:06 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the quick reply, Sarah.
Not wishing to appear completely thick, but, transcripts of what exactly!?

Every single one of your modules and grades.
Sarah
Old Jan 10th 2005, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by teach
Every single one of your modules and grades.
Sarah
Cheers I'm on to it!
Old Jan 10th 2005, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

gazzer is an unknown quantity at this point

College can give you certified copy of transcript,give them a call.

Gaz
Old Jan 10th 2005, 7:23 pm
errm back to Perth!

FozzieBear is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in the same boat, I have the certificate for my degree (it's on the wall still at my mum's )

I'll ring the uni tomorrow for the rest, also to get the copies signed you need a Notary - is that just a solicitor ??

Thanks,

Fozzie
Old Jan 10th 2005, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

gazzer is an unknown quantity at this point

Fozzie

Yep a solicitor

Gaz
Old Jan 11th 2005, 12:24 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gazzer
Fozzie

Yep a solicitor

Gaz

Solicitor or JP. You can normally use a notary if you like but in the UK this is a more expensive option. These are the *reliable* options for getting documents certified in the UK.

Always check that the skill assessing body doesn't have a specific rule - some do.

Jeremy
Old Jan 11th 2005, 10:23 am
errm back to Perth!

FozzieBear is an unknown quantity at this point

As a reply to the above, contacted Sheffield Hallam University and the charges are:

£30.00 for new certificate

£25.00 for the break down of the modules etc etc

Hope this helps.

Fozzie
Old Jan 11th 2005, 11:54 am
Pasta Fari

Karl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud of

I was in the same boat - i'd never ever seen my transcript. Cardiff University provided it free of charge.

As far as getting copies of documents signed, our solicitor quoted £5 a signature. When i turned up with three documents for signing, he said "This is just beer money for me, a tenner (cash) will do". Restored my faith in solicitors!

Just make sure the solicitor/whoever writes down ALL the information the assessing authority ask for.

Regards
Karl