Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Public Relation Officer assessment eligibility

Public Relation Officer assessment eligibility

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 9:00 am
Just Joined

fahmina is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Public Relation Officer assessment eligibility

Dear Friends

I have Bachelors In Sciences Qualification. I can show a year of experience in PRO field.If i apply for skill assessment through Vetassess will i get a positive result.I will be applying as a secondary candidate for VISA.
Please guide me.
Thank You .
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Public Relation Officer assessment eligibility

Help Please!!!
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

jenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nice

did you check vetassess' website?
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 11:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fahmina
Dear Friends

I have Bachelors In Sciences Qualification. I can show a year of experience in PRO field.If i apply for skill assessment through Vetassess will i get a positive result.I will be applying as a secondary candidate for VISA.
Please guide me.
Thank You .
I am not sure anybody can really tell you for sure whether Vetasses will give you a positive result.

My understanding is that they will only assess your qualifications not the work experience, and for a 50 point occupation they will want to assess whether your degree is of the same standard of an Australian bachelor degree.

Do you really need to do the skills assessment as secondary applicant? I would personally make sure there is no other way of making up the other points.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I am not sure anybody can really tell you for sure whether Vetasses will give you a positive result.

My understanding is that they will only assess your qualifications not the work experience, and for a 50 point occupation they will want to assess whether your degree is of the same standard of an Australian bachelor degree.

Do you really need to do the skills assessment as secondary applicant? I would personally make sure there is no other way of making up the other points.
Thanx for the reply.

oh okey. Actually my husband needs 5 more points to meet the pass marks and i c no other option to get those 5 points.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 2:23 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx for the reply.

oh okey. Actually my husband needs 5 more points to meet the pass marks and i c no other option to get those 5 points.
Has he sat the IELTS? A score of 7 or above in each band will give him 25 points for language rather than 15. State or family sponsorship requires lower points than non sponsored visas.

As has been said, nobody can tell you whether your skills assessment would be successful. You should look at the Vetassess website or alternately speak to a MARA registered migration agent who can advise you.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 8:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Has he sat the IELTS? A score of 7 or above in each band will give him 25 points for language rather than 15. State or family sponsorship requires lower points than non sponsored visas.

As has been said, nobody can tell you whether your skills assessment would be successful. You should look at the Vetassess website or alternately speak to a MARA registered migration agent who can advise you.
Yep he did... thats where the problem started... he could not score 7 in all the parts.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Matrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the rough

But it's probably quicker and cheaper to learn and practice and then re-sit the IELTS than trying to get your skills assessed ...
Old Sep 4th 2009, 8:29 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep he did... thats where the problem started... he could not score 7 in all the parts.
As Matrisha said, it's probably not only easier for him to practice and score 7 in the IELTS, but it will benefit him when he arrives here looking for work. Australia is an English speaking country, so having a high degree of language ability will help him not only to gain the points he needs for the application, but will really help when he's out looking for work and in his/your everyday life here.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
As Matrisha said, it's probably not only easier for him to practice and score 7 in the IELTS, but it will benefit him when he arrives here looking for work. Australia is an English speaking country, so having a high degree of language ability will help him not only to gain the points he needs for the application, but will really help when he's out looking for work and in his/your everyday life here.
yeah he will be appearing for the ielts by the end of this month.
but i dont wanna take any chances so was thinking of getting my degree assessed too.I scored 8 bands...

Thanx 4 replying friends!!!