Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Prospective Spouse Visa questions..??i need help

Wikiposts

Prospective Spouse Visa questions..??i need help

Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:03 am
Just Joined

Anzac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Prospective Spouse Visa questions..??i need help

i am a psv applicant as you know ,can you please tell me that what kind of questions they might ask me at interview?
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:03 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anzac
i am a psv applicant as you know ,can you please tell me that what kind of questions they might ask me at interview?
My interview was only a couple of minutes on the phone, all they asked was when/how we met, when did we hope to marry,what were our plans.
Be honest, be genuine, don't worry about appearing enthusiastic - if you sound like you are reading off a speech card it may sound false. If you truly want to be with the person you love, let it sound like that's what you want, and let your feelings show through your words.
Hope that makes sense?
Old Mar 5th 2008, 9:12 am
Just Joined

did they ask you any information about your fiancee?like maybe parents names? or their ages? or information about your fiance?was all questions about your relation?

i could manage to get an appointment from a panel doctor,i am some happy and some worried,what did they do when you were having your medicals?
Old Mar 5th 2008, 9:45 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

did they ask you any information about your fiancee?like maybe parents names? or their ages? or information about your fiance?was all questions about your relation?

i could manage to get an appointment from a panel doctor,i am some happy and some worried,what did they do when you were having your medicals?
No, they just asked how we'd met. I volunteered the information that I had visited him in Australia and had met his family (parents and brother's family) also told them that he was planning to visit me in the UK before I emigrated so that he could meet MY family. I included Stat Decs from both families as well, which talked about things like how his family were looking forward to me moving to Australia, and how my sister's children were looking forward to having a new Aussie Uncle
All they want to do is make sure that you are genuine about each other and know some stuff about each other - its not like an exam, but they need to be certain that you are marrying because you want to be together, rather than because you want a visa.

Glad you have managed to sort out the medical. Mine was a long time ago and things may be slightly different now, but there are a lot of threads in this forum on medicals, if you read a few of them you will get an idea. It's not as scary as you think (and that is from someone who hates doctors!!!)
Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
No, they just asked how we'd met. I volunteered the information that I had visited him in Australia and had met his family (parents and brother's family) also told them that he was planning to visit me in the UK before I emigrated so that he could meet MY family. I included Stat Decs from both families as well, which talked about things like how his family were looking forward to me moving to Australia, and how my sister's children were looking forward to having a new Aussie Uncle
All they want to do is make sure that you are genuine about each other and know some stuff about each other - its not like an exam, but they need to be certain that you are marrying because you want to be together, rather than because you want a visa.

Glad you have managed to sort out the medical. Mine was a long time ago and things may be slightly different now, but there are a lot of threads in this forum on medicals, if you read a few of them you will get an idea. It's not as scary as you think (and that is from someone who hates doctors!!!)
oh thanks a lot for your all answers to me Pollyana,it really helps a lot...and i hope i am not asking too much?:Swell last summer she came here and stayed a month in Turkey,then we thought it would be good me to go there and meet with her family,before we apply for psv..i applied tourist visa there but i was refused when i got refused,then we started to move on PSV..do you think me to be refused on tourist visa might have bad affect on our PSV application?
oh you are lucky that you have an understandable family,i envy you...she could give like 4 statements from her family and friends, and 2 of our statements about each other of us...i couldnt get any statements from my family they dont want but i love her so much, do you think me to not have any statement from my family,will affect my application?
Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:58 am
Home and Happy

oh thanks a lot for your all answers to me Pollyana,it really helps a lot...and i hope i am not asking too much?:Swell last summer she came here and stayed a month in Turkey,then we thought it would be good me to go there and meet with her family,before we apply for psv..i applied tourist visa there but i was refused when i got refused,then we started to move on PSV..do you think me to be refused on tourist visa might have bad affect on our PSV application?
oh you are lucky that you have an understandable family,i envy you...she could give like 4 statements from her family and friends, and 2 of our statements about each other of us...i couldnt get any statements from my family they dont want but i love her so much, do you think me to not have any statement from my family,will affect my application?
Do you have friends that you can get statements from? They can do them as well, and they can be as valuable - I had statements from friends who were looking forward to meeting The Bloke, and also from one who had met both of us together

As for the tourist visa - they may have doubted that you would return to Turkey, especially if they were aware of the relationship. Just make sure you mention it - you could even put something in your statements about how disppointing it was that you couldn't travel to Aus and meet her friends and family.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 9:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
yeah i have some friends but they didnt meet with her in person,as we were spending time alone,mostly...do they still can write statements? also does it matter how close i am with friends?do they recieve a phone call from embassy?or so?well most of my relatives and friends are aware of my relationship with her,some knew that before she comes, some did find out after she came...???

and your sisters childrens,i am sorry if it is private to ask,are they older than 18?
she lives in Australia as you know,and her friends and family filled in form 888 as statements,and only if you are over than 18,you can fill in this form..but she has got kids ,1 is 13 the other is 15 years old,can they write anything for our application?
Old Mar 7th 2008, 10:19 am
Home and Happy

yeah i have some friends but they didnt meet with her in person,as we were spending time alone,mostly...do they still can write statements? also does it matter how close i am with friends?do they recieve a phone call from embassy?or so?well most of my relatives and friends are aware of my relationship with her,some knew that before she comes, some did find out after she came...???

and your sisters childrens,i am sorry if it is private to ask,are they older than 18?
she lives in Australia as you know,and her friends and family filled in form 888 as statements,and only if you are over than 18,you can fill in this form..but she has got kids ,1 is 13 the other is 15 years old,can they write anything for our application?
Hi,
The kids at the time were all under 12. The can certainly write something, doesn't matter that it's not certified, you can add it as part of your extra info. I think we included cards that they had made for The Bloke, it just shows that the ffamily are ready to welcome you - shows that you are joining a family, and that its not just the two of you involved, if that makes sense.
A couple of my friends hadn't met him; they just wrote statements saying things like how they had become aware of the relationship, how they had talked over my plans to emigrate and my plans to get married, and how they hoped to meet him one day. It's all about showing that this relationship is something you want to share with others. You and your partner are going to be part of community of friends, and everyone already sees you as a couple, now they want you to be together as a couple.

If there is no-one else that is aware of the rel'ship, and there is no support from the family in Australia that you will be joining, then it looks more like it could be a marriage just for the purpose of getting a visa - which yours clearl isn't. That's what you have to demonstrate to DIAC that you want to have a life together, with family and friends around you, and the statements show that the family and friends (at least most of them!) are ready to support you and help you with your new life.