Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Prospective Spouse Visa questions..??i need help

Wikiposts

Prospective Spouse Visa questions..??i need help

Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:52 am
Just Joined

Anzac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Prospective Spouse Visa questions..??i need help

Hi everyone
i am new to this site,and i am applying for prospective spouse visa...so is there any ppl who lodged Prospective spouse visaon this site?or even ppl granted their psv visa? i really need your help...

if there is,can you tell me when did you have your evidences back?like your tickets,pictures,letters etc...
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:01 am
Just Joined

Exclamation Re: Prospective Spouse Visa questions..??i need help

there is no PSV applicants here?
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:45 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prospective Spouse Visa questions..??i need help

Hello

I've just been granted my PSV yesterday - yayyyy! I didnt need anything returned to me as we sent in scans/photocopies of all our evidence. Having said that, they did return some surplus paperwork that we had sent in, I think I got quite carried away and sent a bit much

Best advice I can give is make sure you dot all your i's, cross all your t's and be totally honest. Extra time spent on making sure your application is properly prepared seems to save time in the long run.

Good luck!

Edited to add... There is a thread in The Barbie about Spouse/Prospective Spouse Visas ... its a long thread but here is a link to the opening page ... http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424977

Last edited by SillyOldBag; Feb 27th 2008 at 6:47 am. Reason: An afterthought ....
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:21 am
Just Joined

thanks a lot for your answer sillyoldbag,my application is already lodged,so i sent the evidences also,like pictures,tickets etc...but at 24 February,i recieved all of the evidences back...do you think it is normal? i am really so much worried for that...
also they sent me FORM 1281, i looked at immi.gov.au, but that form doesnt exist there, it is a form about me accepting Australian Values..??were you asked to sign this form??
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:22 am
Just Joined

my application was lodged at 22 February,but i got evidences back at 24 February ...??
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:42 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you had an older version of Form 47SP as the values statement is now built into the new form - think it was amended October-ish, so yes i did have to sign it, but it was all in the original Form 47SP. I also had some of my evidence returned to me - a couple of days after I sent the application in - I just assumed it was stuff that was surplus to requirements as there was no note with it. I also received that day the email from my CO.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 9:20 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anzac
thanks a lot for your answer sillyoldbag,my application is already lodged,so i sent the evidences also,like pictures,tickets etc...but at 24 February,i recieved all of the evidences back...do you think it is normal? i am really so much worried for that...
also they sent me FORM 1281, i looked at immi.gov.au, but that form doesnt exist there, it is a form about me accepting Australian Values..??were you asked to sign this form??
You have nothing to worry about....if you send them original letters, cards etc, they actually send them back to you once they have looked at them....think its rather nice of them actually! Given that they've also sent you a form to progress your application it sounds like things are moving along as they should.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bcworld
You have nothing to worry about....if you send them original letters, cards etc, they actually send them back to you once they have looked at them....think its rather nice of them actually! Given that they've also sent you a form to progress your application it sounds like things are moving along as they should.
oh thanks a lot for your answersyou made me feel better now,thanks really
on the paper i recieved from embassy,they say that i should bring those papers with me,when i go to interview;
-Evidence showing your sponsor is free to marry taken from Births Deaths and Marriages Registration Office
-Your sponsor should send a statuory decleration stating the details of all her previous relationships(date started,addresses lived together,date ended etc..)

applying for prospective spouse visa,i lodged NOIM in my application as i should...i might be wrong,but as far as i know You cant get a NOIM if you are not single,am i right?have any of you asked for evidence of you are free to marry?taken from marriage registration office...

also in 47sp,i filled the details of her previous relationships,but she needs to make a statuory declaration...

as you are more experienced than me,may you please tell why do you think that i am asked for these papers again?
thanks from now
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:00 am
Just Joined

Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

oh thanks a lot for your answersyou made me feel better now,thanks really
on the paper i recieved from embassy,they say that i should bring those papers with me,when i go to interview;
-Evidence showing your sponsor is free to marry taken from Births Deaths and Marriages Registration Office
-Your sponsor should send a statuory decleration stating the details of all her previous relationships(date started,addresses lived together,date ended etc..)

applying for prospective spouse visa,i lodged NOIM in my application as i should...i might be wrong,but as far as i know You cant get a NOIM if you are not single,am i right?have any of you asked for evidence of you are free to marry?taken from marriage registration office...

also in 47sp,i filled the details of her previous relationships,but she needs to make a statuory declaration...

as you are more experienced than me,may you please tell why do you think that i am asked for these papers again?
thanks from now
Sounds like your fiancee may have been in a previous rel'ship, and DIAC are asking for confirmation that the rel'ship is over, and she is free to marry you. Maybe she is from one of the countries which is now to have a percentage of fraufulent applications for spouse visas?
I would suggest she contacts her local registry, and writes out the Stat Dec; if thats what they are asking for, thats what they will want.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 8:09 pm
Feeble Minded

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Sounds like your fiancee may have been in a previous rel'ship, and DIAC are asking for confirmation that the rel'ship is over, and she is free to marry you. Maybe she is from one of the countries which is now to have a percentage of fraufulent applications for spouse visas?
I would suggest she contacts her local registry, and writes out the Stat Dec; if thats what they are asking for, thats what they will want.
I think we went with the "ours is not to reason why" policy - if they ask for it then obviously they want it and we'll do it! I was even prepared to hop around the Australian High Commission whistling Waltzing Matilda if that would get my visa quicker Fortunately for all concerned that didn't prove to be necessary!

Seriously though, try not to worry about it too much Anzac - its not really intimidating. I had to go and do a statutory declaration about parental responsibility, i just went to a solicitor with the details, they prepared a statement for me overnight and I had to go to another solicitors to swear it the next day, job done! As long as you are honest you have no worries, you just have to provide everything that you are asked for, or if it cannot be done then you have to give good reason.

Good luck with it all though
Old Feb 29th 2008, 6:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
well yea she had a defacto relationship with someone for sometime, but it is ended like 1 and a half years ago..and in 47sp,i even filled in that was a defacto relationship, i didnt tell you but even embassy asked me for divorce papers from him...thats why i worry too much..i feel like they just make reasons...and yea i am honest and we are honest that we want it to happen,so i am asking you my questions,because i want to learn as much as i can, for not to do any mistake! so thank you so much that you answer me...

she is Australian citizen ,and she lives there right now...and i am from Turkey, i think my nickname on this site shows how much i love her...
Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
Certainly if you are applying in the UK through the Australian High Commission in London you can frontload your application by getting the medicals and police checks done before you submit your application. You just have to fill in which visa you are applying for and tell the docs where to send it. Not sure if its the same for all countries though.
Oldbag,i was following another form that i saw ppl frontloaded their application in Turkey also...but today i called panel doctor to make an appointment for my medicals, but they told me that i have to have my interview first...it didnt me seem so right... do you know is there any site to find out if i can have my medicals done before i have my interview?

also panel doctor said,after i have my medicals,they will send my medical results to Embassy,and she said Embassy will send my results to their doctor in Australia to check them, do you know if it is right?
Old Feb 29th 2008, 2:17 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

well yea she had a defacto relationship with someone for sometime, but it is ended like 1 and a half years ago..and in 47sp,i even filled in that was a defacto relationship, i didnt tell you but even embassy asked me for divorce papers from him...thats why i worry too much..i feel like they just make reasons...and yea i am honest and we are honest that we want it to happen,so i am asking you my questions,because i want to learn as much as i can, for not to do any mistake! so thank you so much that you answer me...

she is Australian citizen ,and she lives there right now...and i am from Turkey, i think my nickname on this site shows how much i love her...
I suspect then they are just ensuring that the other rel'ship is over. I am not meaning to imply that either of you are not being honest, but it's one way that DIAC prevents visa fraud. If she makes a legally binding Stat Dec and you provide as much evidence as possible that the previous rel'ship is over, you should be fine.

Oldbag,i was following another form that i saw ppl frontloaded their application in Turkey also...but today i called panel doctor to make an appointment for my medicals, but they told me that i have to have my interview first...it didnt me seem so right... do you know is there any site to find out if i can have my medicals done before i have my interview?

also panel doctor said,after i have my medicals,they will send my medical results to Embassy,and she said Embassy will send my results to their doctor in Australia to check them, do you know if it is right?
The medical results will go to the embassy through which you are applying, then if they feel it necessary then they are sent on to Australia to be looked at. Skills visa meds are sent straight to Australia, so when you do have your medical make sure that the doctor knows the results to need to be sent to Aus.
As for doing the meds before the interview - depends on the timeline for this visa type in Turkey. The medical only has a limited life, usually 12 months, but sometimes 6, and so the more time you have between doiung the medical, and entering Australia, the better for you. Also some countries will not do the medicals without an official request from DIAC.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:39 am
Just Joined

thanks a lot for your help with answering me...can you please tell me what kind of questions they might ask me when i have my interview?how long does it last?

also panel doctor said to me,embassy will give me form 26 and form 160 after i have my interview...and panel doctor said me embassy to give me these forms depends on my interview and she meant embassy might think of no need to give this forms to me,is it possible?
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 1:21 pm
Home and Happy

thanks a lot for your help with answering me...can you please tell me what kind of questions they might ask me when i have my interview?how long does it last?

also panel doctor said to me,embassy will give me form 26 and form 160 after i have my interview...and panel doctor said me embassy to give me these forms depends on my interview and she meant embassy might think of no need to give this forms to me,is it possible?
You won't get the visa without the medical, so fingers crossed that they give you the forms

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.