Prospective Marriage Visa help!

Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of
Default Prospective Marriage Visa help!

Hi all,

Where to start? Well I am about to ask my australian partner living in Brisbane to marry me in a few weeks when I go visit and have been looking at info on this visa.

Now with regards to the evidence, we can only provide photos, cards, letters and emails, along with statements from family and friends, will this be enough?

Also what would be the expected timeline and overall cost of this?

Any help would be great
Old Mar 19th 2008, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of
Default Re: Prospective Marriage Visa help!

Can anyone help me at all?
Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:06 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

I really don't know much about that kind of visa. But I suspect you'll have to give a little more information in order to get help. For example, how long have you been together, have you been living together, etc.

I honestly don't know much about that. So, I'm hoping this will be bumped up to the top and someone will come along to help you.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply!

We were together previously for 6 months in 2002 when she was here in London but she went back and we split and lost contact, we got back in contact last year and have been together 6 months now, and no we have never lived together, which I fear may be a problem?
Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JBlokeUK
Hi all,

Where to start? Well I am about to ask my australian partner living in Brisbane to marry me in a few weeks when I go visit and have been looking at info on this visa.

Now with regards to the evidence, we can only provide photos, cards, letters and emails, along with statements from family and friends, will this be enough?

Any help would be great
Where will you be applying? UK or elsewhere?
I'm guessing you've read the Partner Booklet, here - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books1.htm

Fees are listed here - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i.htm

For the Pros Marriage Visa, yes that'll be fine for evidence. Might be worth looking at things like opening a joint bank account while you are visiting though - you'll need one when you move here and it's excellent evidence of commitment to a rel'ship
Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:20 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply!

We were together previously for 6 months in 2002 when she was here in London but she went back and we split and lost contact, we got back in contact last year and have been together 6 months now, and no we have never lived together, which I fear may be a problem?
For the Pros Marriage visa you only have to have met, there is no requirement for living together That comes later when you are getting your spouse visa itself
Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
For the Pros Marriage visa you only have to have met, there is no requirement for living together That comes later when you are getting your spouse visa itself
Thanks a lot Pollyana!

Something I'd like to know is what is the general success rate for this visa? I have seen info aound the web stating you need evidence of the financial kind, in that we need to prove we have supported each other financially, something we have yet to do. All I could supply is photos, cards etc and get the feeling I will need more?

Also whats the timeline? Is it possible to be accepted for the visa within 3 months? I would be applying in the UK.

Thanks again
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice
Thumbs down Re: Prospective Marriage Visa help!

Hi all,

Any help would be great

we got back in contact last year and have been together 6 months now, and no we have never lived together, which I fear may be a problem?

she's in brisbane and you are in the uk you been dating by e-mail
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by billymacker
No we've been talking on the phone just about every day for the last 5-6 months now, and like I say we did meet and date before in 2002 when she was here.

I just wish I knew what my chances are, timelines, success rate etc
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:06 pm
Home and Happy

Thanks a lot Pollyana!

Something I'd like to know is what is the general success rate for this visa? I have seen info aound the web stating you need evidence of the financial kind, in that we need to prove we have supported each other financially, something we have yet to do. All I could supply is photos, cards etc and get the feeling I will need more?

Also whats the timeline? Is it possible to be accepted for the visa within 3 months? I would be applying in the UK.

Thanks again
First I should apologise for ignoring your original post but I saw it as I was running out the door this morning! I always intended to come back and answer you as I came on Pros Marriage too.

Most of them from the UK are granted very fast, matter of days or a few weeks. 3 months is probably unusual for this visa from the UK, assuming you have no convictions, children by other mothers, health issues etc. What you need to remember with Pros Marriage is that all it really allows you to do is to get here, get married, and apply for a spouse visa. Thats why you only have to prove that you have met.
When you go for the spouse visa then you will have to start showing you live in the same house, share interests and friends, share bills etc. Any evidence of that now is a bonus - so open that joint account if you can! Join some clubs/societies together and get them to mail you at her address, that shows shared comitment. Your statement can include your intentions for the future - to get a good job, buy a home together, etc
When you apply for the spouse visa you should be able to show shared bills (even if only as a transfer from your account to hers so she can pay them). At present its a bonus, again, but not essential.
The Bloke and I did include things like a hotel bill from the Gold Coast, he paid the bill, but it had both names on, we shared the financial responsibility.

Does she have a job? She will need to provide proof of her income. Assuming she is earning something, you should be fine. She will be saying that she will support you until you get a job as you can't claim benefits, but you can also include (as I did) your own CV/Resume, evidence of your own earning potential here, and include in your statement that you intend to work as soon as you can - as well as bringing $XX with you.

Does that help at all?
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:10 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by billymacker
we got back in contact last year and have been together 6 months now, and no we have never lived together, which I fear may be a problem?

Success rate usually good from the UK.

For the Prospective Marriage, you don't have to live together. Its a fiance visa, gets you here so that you CAN live together. When the spouse visa is applied for, then you need to be living together.

Have you got phone bills that prove the contact. Include 3 or 4, with the calls highlighted, and a note that this is just an example, more available on request. That hsows contact and commitment to the relationshio, such as it can be at a distance.

Personal experience? I was in the UK, The Bloke in Brisbane. Met March 2001, visited him twice here, applied for the visa May 2003, granted over the counter (you can't do that now), arrived here October 2003.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:12 pm
Home and Happy

I just wish I knew what my chances are, timelines, success rate etc
Personally speaking, from experience seeing people on the forum get visas, sounds like you won't have a problem
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Personal experience? I was in the UK, The Bloke in Brisbane. Met March 2001, visited him twice here, applied for the visa May 2003, granted over the counter (you can't do that now), arrived here October 2003.
So you applied for the Visa in May 2003, when was it accepted?

Also she does have a job, in fact she lives alone in her own house, paying a mortgage. She recently got a "government" job working at a hospital. Would this work in mine/our favour?

Im surprised the timelines are a matter of weeks, most sites I have seen have said a few months!

Thanks for your help Pollyana
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:53 pm
Home and Happy

So you applied for the Visa in May 2003, when was it accepted?

Also she does have a job, in fact she lives alone in her own house, paying a mortgage. She recently got a "government" job working at a hospital. Would this work in mine/our favour?

Im surprised the timelines are a matter of weeks, most sites I have seen have said a few months!

Thanks for your help Pollyana
Mine was granted in 40 minutes , in those days you could do them over the counter. Handed in the paperwork, went for a cup of coffee, back 40 minutes later to pick up my passport with the visa in it Have a look for posts by Jutang, she got hers recently, I think it took 3-5 days? That was in London.

AS for your partner/fiance - good job, steady wage, has a mortgage on a house (big enough for both of you) - she has the stablity they look for, you will have a roof over your head on arrival, and she has income coming in with which to support you while you look for work.

BTW, websites will often state the worst case scenario timeline, but if you have a straightforward applciation, it should be granted fast
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:55 pm
Home and Happy

You - and any other Pros Marriage/Spouse people might like to join in HERE too - the BE Spouse Visa Circle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.