Wikiposts

Prospective Marriage Visa & Form 888

Old Sep 10th 2004, 2:38 am
Sarah-Jane

Donut is on a distinguished road
Question Prospective Marriage Visa & Form 888

Hey everyone,

Have been reading through all your messages and have all been sooooooo helpful......THANKYOU!!!! I'm feeling much less stressed about the whole process now.

We're about to apply for the Prospective Marriage Visa for my fiance and have almost got everything together, but we're a bit unsure about the stat dec part of things.
Was wondering if anyone could help.
Can we get our Aussie family to complete form 888 for their stat dec's or is this only applicable for the Spouse and Interdependency Visa applications?
(Coz that's what the title of Form 888 is)????

Cheers
Old Sep 10th 2004, 3:02 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Prospective Marriage Visa & Form 888

The simple answer is yes you can! I have some blank stat dec forms if you have any english relatives doing them. Just PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.
Old Sep 10th 2004, 3:07 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Hi and welcome,

You may find this previous posting useful regarding the stat dec requirement:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...threadid=52429

The way I understand it is that Form 888 must be used for on-shore (lodged in Australia) applications but a "handwritten" stat dec could be used off-shore.

I am applying for a fiance visa from the UK and my Australian partner is using Form 888. I figure that a standard format is better than a my hacked effort!

Cheers and Good Luck,
Matt
Old Sep 10th 2004, 3:14 am
Sarah-Jane

Thankyou both soooo much.
I think we'll go with the Form 888!
(Sorry for the slow reply, just at work and sneaking this in!)
Old Sep 10th 2004, 3:16 am
Sarah-Jane

Hey,
Cheers for your help....this is my first posting on this site, and i'd love you to send me to forms, but I'm sorry I don't know what PM means (well I am blonde after all!)
Old Sep 10th 2004, 3:21 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

The form is available here:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/888.pdf

I'll email it to you if can't download. My fiance is blonde, I understand completely! :-)

PM - Private Message, they stop forums like this being clogged-up by general chit-chat ... You access it by clicking on the name of the poster to the left, not everyone accepts PMs, you can also email people the same way.

Cheers,
Matt

Last edited by Deadmeat; Sep 10th 2004 at 3:25 am.
Old Sep 10th 2004, 3:33 am
Sarah-Jane

Wink Re: Prospective Marriage Visa & Form 888

Cheers Matt.
Old Sep 10th 2004, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about

hi donut,

we used form 888 for the stat decs of our australian friends and 'the man's' relative and just had my family in holland do statements on plain paper....havent yet got my visa, so i'm not completely sure, but this seems the way to go (judging by other peoples posts)

good luck with it!

tanja
Old Sep 10th 2004, 1:17 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Strictly 888s should only be used by people making stat decs in Australia however the London AHC is known to accept UK signed 888s despite their dubious legal validity in the UK.

The is some legal doubt as to whether DIMIA can demand 2 stat decs in offshore partner applications. There is however no doubt that stat decs do add to the overall case and should be provided unless impossible.
Old Sep 12th 2004, 9:45 pm
Sarah-Jane

Thanks for your help guys. I think we'll stick with the 888's from our Aussie references.
We're just waiting to get my fiance's police clearance check back and then submitting everything together.
Fingers crossed, coz we desperately want to be home by Xmas......miss everyone back home!

Cheers
SJ