Prospective Marriage Visa

Old Jan 23rd 2009, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

cdaborn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Prospective Marriage Visa

Hi All

I have the hugest grin on my face! PMV granted today! I have gone from being stress and fed up to on top of the world in a matter of seconds and now I can plan the rest of my life!

Can't ring OH cause he will be asleep now.

Good luck to all of you who are still waiting. It is worth the wait and stress!

PMV application posted 22/11/08
Medicals done 10/12/08
Medicals received by immigration 24/12/08
Medicals referred to HOC 05/01/2009
Visa Granted 23/01/2009

Thanks to all of you who gave me words or wisdom and advice along the way.

Carolyn
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 2:08 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cdaborn
Hi All

I have the hugest grin on my face! PMV granted today! I have gone from being stress and fed up to on top of the world in a matter of seconds and now I can plan the rest of my life!

Medicals done 10/12/08
Visa Granted 23/01/2009

Carolyn
Congratulations! Is a great feeling isn't it
Now get packing!!!!

Polly (PMV granted in May 2003!)

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 24th 2009 at 12:36 am.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 9:48 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Congratulations

That's excellent news!! Good luck now with all your arrangements - you're going to be busy busy busy for a while!!
Old Jan 25th 2009, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

neil_coul will become famous soon enoughneil_coul will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Prospective Marriage Visa blood Tests

Hi

I have my medicals on Tuesday,Does anyone know if I have to do a blood test for HIV.My doctor doesn't think so as it is only a temp visa?

Thanks

Neil
Old Jan 25th 2009, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

fremantle will become famous soon enoughfremantle will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by neil_coul
Hi

I have my medicals on Tuesday,Does anyone know if I have to do a blood test for HIV.My doctor doesn't think so as it is only a temp visa?

Thanks

Neil
I would say so yes. When I had my medical/x-ray I had to complete the permanent medical form for my PMV, my blood was taken and I am sure it was for HIV. The cost for my blood test was £20 so not too expensive and worth doing so you don't have to worry about it later but it should say on the medical form you fill in whether it is required or not.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Neil

I believe you will need the blood test. I had to have a chest xray and at my medical I was required to supply a urine sample for routine tests and blood sample for hiv test.

Hope that helps

Carolyn
Old Jan 26th 2009, 2:31 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil_coul
Hi

Thanks

Neil
Yes you do. All Spouse visa applicants have to have the blood test and a full medical and Xray, whether Pros Marriage, Temp or PR - reason being that you are looking to live in Australia even if you start off on the PMV.
If you're being told otherwise by a DIAC Panel Doctor I'd think seriously abou mentioning it to DIAC as your visa could be delayed if he doesn't do a full medical.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

neil_coul will become famous soon enoughneil_coul will become famous soon enough

Thanks

I thought I needed one I will make sure he does one tomorrow.

Neil
Old Jan 26th 2009, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

Flights booked. Leave on 8th Feb. I understand that Singapore airlines allow double baggage allowance for people emigrating and validating their visa for the first time. However I am not sure they will on a PMV because it is not a permanent visa, even though I am emigrating. Does anyone have any experience of this? I am going to ring Singapore Airlines today but would be good to know if anyone has been successful at obtaining double luggage allowance on a PMV.

Better go, so much to to do!

Carolyn x x
Old Jan 26th 2009, 8:57 am
Home and Happy

Flights booked. Leave on 8th Feb. I understand that Singapore airlines allow double baggage allowance for people emigrating and validating their visa for the first time. However I am not sure they will on a PMV because it is not a permanent visa, even though I am emigrating. Does anyone have any experience of this? I am going to ring Singapore Airlines today but would be good to know if anyone has been successful at obtaining double luggage allowance on a PMV.

Better go, so much to to do!

Carolyn x x
On a PMV you need your fingers formly crossed and grovel nicely Seriously, they normally only allow it on PR visas. I did manage to get it years ago, by explaining that the PMV said that I had to move to Aus and get married BEFORE I could get PR, therefore it was impossible for me ever do a one-way flight to validate my PR as I would be already here. This was with Cathay (who don't do it anymore), but its worth a try with SIngapore. ..........
Old Jan 26th 2009, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Pollyanna. I got an emphatic not. Their policy states that the visa needs to be indefinite.

My family are coming out for the wedding in March and they will have more allowance than they need so could send some things with them if I really need to.

I think Singapore's decision is a bit mean. As you say we have to travel by a fixed date for the terms of a pmv but the subsesquent visa will not be validated on a oneway ticket.

I suppose I gave up a bit too easily and didn't grovel that much. I wonder if there is a way of e-mailing my cause to them. It is much easier to explaining things in writing I find.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

nina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the rough

Hiya,

I flew with Singapore Airlines (I have PMV) and they would not let me take double as you don't have "permission to remain indefinitely" on the visa, that is what they told me when I flew. I did have a bit of a circular conversation with them as they asked me if I'm migrating and I said yes and they said ok u can have double, then they said do I have "permission to remain indefinitely" to which I replied no and they then said I can only take 20kg

In the end my case was 31kg and they didn't charge me any excess which was lucky, but when my partner had 15kg extra - they wanted to charge him a fortune. I too think it depends on who u get at check in and what mood they are in

Nina
Old Jan 26th 2009, 11:11 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by nina25
Hiya,

I flew with Singapore Airlines (I have PMV) and they would not let me take double as you don't have "permission to remain indefinitely" on the visa, that is what they told me when I flew. I did have a bit of a circular conversation with them as they asked me if I'm migrating and I said yes and they said ok u can have double, then they said do I have "permission to remain indefinitely" to which I replied no and they then said I can only take 20kg

In the end my case was 31kg and they didn't charge me any excess which was lucky, but when my partner had 15kg extra - they wanted to charge him a fortune. I too think it depends on who u get at check in and what mood they are in

Nina
Yep, the likely answer will be No. I was very lucky, grovelled and begged a lot, but in those days more airlines did the allowance anyway. These days the financial pressure on them is greater and more people are migrating and wanting to take luggage for free, so they just can't afford it.
The privilege is generally only for an unvalidated PR visa, with a one way ticket, but there have been cases on here of people on other visas being lucky when they have grovelled. Depends often on who answers the email and whether they are having a good day.......
Old Jan 27th 2009, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

fremantle will become famous soon enoughfremantle will become famous soon enough

Hi All

Medicals done 10/12/08
Visa Granted 23/01/2009

Carolyn

Hi - Congratulations. Could I just ask how long after you posted your application that you got your file reference, and how long after that you were assigned a case officer? My reason for asking is that my PMV application was submitted 19th Jan. I know it is early days and I am clutching at straws but it would just be good to have some idea, although I understand that every case is different.

My agent,who is based in Australia lodged the application so I know that all correspondence will go through them.
Many thanks
Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

huuuugo is an unknown quantity at this point

My agent,who is based in Australia lodged the application so I know that all correspondence will go through them.
Many thanks[/QUOTE]

OUR AGENT IS IN AUSTRALIA TOO, AND HE LODGED OUR APPLICATION JUST BEFORE CHRISTMAS, BUT THE EMBASSY (IN BERLIN, I'M DUTCH) ACKNOWLEDGED THE RECEIPT OF IT ON THE 19TH OF JAN, AND ASSIGNED CASE OFFICER AT THE SAME TIME.

THEY HAVE THIS STANDARD TIME FRAME OF BETWEEN 1 AND 6 MONTHS IN THERE TOO (AGAIN, FOR BERLIN EMBASSY), ALSO DEPENDING ON INDIVIDUAL CASES TAKING MORE OR LESS TIME.

THING I WANTED TO SAY WAS THAT THE ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND CASE OFFICER APPOINTMENT GOT SENT TO ME AND A COPY TO THE AGENT.

SO, MOST LIKELY YOU WILL GET YOUR OWN REPLY TOO.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOO, WE NEED IT AS I WAS ILLEGAL IN AUSTRALIA MYSELF FOR 6 YEARS... UPTO DECEMBER 2008

HUGOOO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.