Prospective Marriage Visa

Old Nov 12th 2008, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

halfpint74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Prospective Marriage Visa

Hi

Hope someone can help me. I had my medicals done on 21st October and co has received the kids' forms but said mine was sent to their medical operations centre .....why is this?? Do they scrutinise everything and go through it with a fine tooth comb trying to pick up on a problem and make me fork out yet more money. How long should I expect a response from our co been 4 weeks since lodgement now and was hoping for the nod this week.....flight fares are going up all the time and I still need to give 4 weeks notice...really need to be with my OH before Christmas.

Can anyone help with regards to meds...

Thanks Im very anxious now.....

xxxx
Old Nov 13th 2008, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by halfpint74
Hi

Hope someone can help me. I had my medicals done on 21st October and co has received the kids' forms but said mine was sent to their medical operations centre .....why is this?? Do they scrutinise everything and go through it with a fine tooth comb trying to pick up on a problem and make me fork out yet more money. How long should I expect a response from our co been 4 weeks since lodgement now and was hoping for the nod this week.....flight fares are going up all the time and I still need to give 4 weeks notice...really need to be with my OH before Christmas.

Can anyone help with regards to meds...

Thanks Im very anxious now.....

xxxx
Hello Halfpint,

Did you declare any past illnesses/conditions on your forms or to the doctor who carried out your medical? Basically I declared a bout of pretty serious depression back in 2002/2003. I sent my meds off with my application and my CO emailed confirmation of receipt but also that my meds had been referred to the med centre in Australia.

I was then contacted by my CO again after about a week saying they wanted a current psychiatriast assessment along with details of employment over the last 5 years and whether there were any employment restrictions.

There were none and I provided the assessment after having to pay for it privately Anyway I sent it all back to my CO and 3 weeks later I got the nod and fly out to Brisbane next Thursday!!

So in short if they have found something from your meds or you declared something then your application will get delayed a little unfortunately.

Hope this helps all the same.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

Hiya

Yeh I did declare a little bout of depression was on anti depressants for 2 weeks when my nanna died last year.....they said they recieved them nearly 3 weeks ago now and asked my agent to email CO for update but not heard anything yet. I hate this....bet you dead excited about flying out...I cant wait to hear something...not knowing is really getting to me. I am expecting them to ask for a psyc assesment....but depression wasnt that bad...should I see my gp and ask for a letter confirming the state I was in and be prepared ort just do more waiting and see what they say? I was hoping to get the nod this week but looking unlikely...need to be with OH before Christmas...flight fares are going up all the time...Do you think I should put 4 weeks notice in at work and hope my visa comes through by then? I really want to but dont want to lose my job incase they reject appliation.

Thanks

Jo
Old Nov 14th 2008, 6:51 am
Just Joined

Thanks

I emailed our agent to ask for an update and he sent me the email he sent to our CO....so I never heard anything so sent one myself to her. Only to find she is on hol till mon....can stop checking my inbox until then ha ha....wish he told me....arrgh!! How long does it take once CO has meds back will I get the ok do you think?

thanks

jo
xxx
Old Nov 14th 2008, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Firstly, they won't just reject it, so forget that idea. They would come back and ask for more info first.

Secondly if it was only two weeks, and with a clear reason, then there is no way you will fail on that
Absolutely spot on. Halfpint you have nothing to worry about if it was only depression like yours with only 2 weeks on medication? Mine was far, far worse. I was sectioned and out of work for 2 years! I spent a total of 6 months in hospital for my depression, on medication for 2 years too, all this between 2002 and 2004 and I got my visa after providing the info they requested, so the declaration you made is nothing compared to mine!

Sounds to me like you should hear something next week, got me fingers crossed for you but its looking good, try not to worry!
Old Nov 14th 2008, 10:40 pm
Just Joined

Ohhhh wow!!!

I dont believe it!!!! Got my visa granted tonite!!!! I really will be having an ozzy Christmas with my dead gorgeous fiance!!! Im shaking like a leaf!!! Im so happy. I cant wait!!!

Thanks everybody I couldnt have got through this without you ALL you have all been brilliant THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!!!

lOVE

jo
XX

Last edited by halfpint74; Nov 14th 2008 at 10:53 pm.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

Ohhhh wow!!!

I dont believe it!!!! Got my visa granted tonite!!!! I really will be having an ozzy Christmas with my dead gorgeous fiance!!! Im shaking like a leaf!!! Im so happy. I cant wait!!!

Thanks everybody I couldnt have got through this without you ALL you have all been brilliant THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!!!

lOVE

jo
XX
Old Nov 15th 2008, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

cdaborn is an unknown quantity at this point

Ohhhh wow!!!

lOVE

jo
XX
Congratulations Jo. Have a fabulous Christmas. Have a wonderful life with your dead gorgeous fiance

Love Carolyn
Old Nov 15th 2008, 1:03 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Ohhhh wow!!!

lOVE

jo
XX
Congratulations!!!!! Woohoo!
Really pleaseed for you! Now get packing, you have a flight to catch
Old Nov 16th 2008, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Brilliant news Halfpint!!! Congrats!!

What did I tell you eh? Nothing to worry about.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

Yes you did!!! ha ha What can I say im a worrier...

So any of you guys going to NSW? Now we have all the fun and games to go through with the spouse visa...no doubt you will see my name popping up again ha ha. Hoping to fly around 16th December all being well and if I can get the flight fares together...arghhh. Putting my notice in on Tuesday when Im back at work....whooo!!

Any news yet from anyone else....How you getting on Carolyn?

Jo
xx
Old Nov 16th 2008, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

cute_teacher is an unknown quantity at this point

So any of you guys going to NSW? Now we have all the fun and games to go through with the spouse visa...no doubt you will see my name popping up again ha ha. Hoping to fly around 16th December all being well and if I can get the flight fares together...arghhh. Putting my notice in on Tuesday when Im back at work....whooo!!

Jo
xx
Hi Halfpint

Congrats!! You cant beat that feeling of when the visa is granted can you?!?! Im off to NSW on 11th Jan 09 - cant wait. Where you off to?
Old Nov 16th 2008, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

Oh wow!!!

Im off to NSW wales to!!! Tingira Heights just outside Newcastle what about you? You never know if I can get out of work earlier mite be on same flight. Who you flying with? I cant believe prices....need to find £2500 to get me and kids over.....dont think Santa will be bringin them much this year. But hey we all get a new life in Oz...still havnt told my dad yet I got it granted....he losing sleep over it already and doesnt want kids to go.

Jo
xx
Old Nov 16th 2008, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

cute_teacher is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh wow!!!

Im off to NSW wales to!!! Tingira Heights just outside Newcastle what about you? You never know if I can get out of work earlier mite be on same flight. Who you flying with? I cant believe prices....need to find £2500 to get me and kids over.....dont think Santa will be bringin them much this year. But hey we all get a new life in Oz...still havnt told my dad yet I got it granted....he losing sleep over it already and doesnt want kids to go.

Jo
xx
Im flying with Lufthansa - paid £656.50 but theyve now gone up to over £800p/p. My fiances dad lives in Newcastle! Me and my partner are going to be living in Sydney. My mum isnt happy im going as she hates flying and isnt going to be going over for the wedding :-(
Old Nov 16th 2008, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

cdaborn is an unknown quantity at this point

Jo
xx
I am still at the early stages. I have not yet submitted my application. I am waiting for the paperwork from my other half to arrive. I have had to take a leap of faith and hand in my notice at work already, risky I guess but as a teacher I have to give 2-3 months notice and as my wedding is booked for March I kind of had not choice. I will just do supply teaching until everything is sorted. My house is up for sale but obviously not the best time to be selling. Will rent the house out if push comes to shove. Trying to stay positive about it all. Just got to book my medicals but the place that I need to do it at said that I had to wait until my forms had been submitted.

I am really pleased for you and I hope in a little while from now I will have the same fantastic news. I am going to be living in South Australia, Adelaide to be precise. I can't wait to see my man again. I am spending Christmas here and hope to leave as soon as possible in the new year visa permitting of course.

Keep in touch.

Carolyn x x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.