Prospective Marriage Visa

Old Oct 26th 2008, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of
Default Re: Prospective Marriage Visa

Originally Posted by halfpint74
Thanks Pollyana!!

One other thing....sorry....I had very mild depression last year with losing my grandparent...will they ask for a psychiatric assessment do you think?

Many thanks
Hi Halfpint,

I recently got granted a PMV and I too suffered from depression, however mine was back in 2002/2003 and was actually quite serious which required hospital treatment and I was asked to provide an psychiatric assessment, however try not to worry as yours doesn't sound as bad as mine, but a letter from your GP with some details would help your cause. Like I say dont worry too much as mine was quite serious, yet after sending an assessment I was still granted a visa.

As for Stat Decs I had 2 done from friends of my OH who are both Oz citizens. At the end of the day if you tick all the boxes you should be fine. I know all too well about the worry, especially as I was very worried about my history of depression stopping me, but it didnt and im off to Brisbane in 4 weeks.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

cdaborn is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for everyone's help and sorry if I am labouring a point but I have downloaded the Form 888 for statutory declarations and it does not include prospective marriage on the form.

"When assessing a Spouse or Interdependency visa application
the Department of Immigration and Citizenship
(the department) is required to consider the social aspects of
the claimed relationship. Statements from persons who know
you and your sponsor may be provided to support your
claims."

The form talks about spouse/de facto spouse/interdependency partner.

I have submitted an e-mail to immigration to see what they say.

I have no problem providing the information, as you say I will need to provide them when I apply for the spouse visa anyway, but their paperwork is very ambiguous. The prospective marriage visa application document checklist produced June 2008 (separate to application form checklist) does not mention statutory declarations either.

Will probably get them done anyway to be on the safe side.

I will let you know what immigration say.

Best wishes, Carolyn
Old Oct 26th 2008, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

halfpint74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks

Yes please Carolyn that would be helpful!! Just had my OH on the phone and he is worried about getting them signed as not many people know me that well, I did meet his friends and family but we mainly focused on 'being together'. Just hoping my medicals are ok think I will crack up if they ask me for more stuff.....but i think that they just have to state that they are aware of our relationship and commitment to each other and how happy we are bla bla bla is that about right? I know im asking 1001 questions but just want to get it right. My sons dad is off to sols to get a stat declaration done to say I can take him.....which is good of him to let me go, so as soon as we get these 888 forms done should be ok.

I cant wait to get this behind me then all the fun and games will start again with the spouse visa.....do they ever refuse these prospective marriage visas? That worries me to.

Thanks guys

Jo
xx

Last edited by halfpint74; Oct 26th 2008 at 11:17 pm. Reason: forgot to add something
Old Oct 26th 2008, 11:48 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Yes please Carolyn that would be helpful!! Just had my OH on the phone and he is worried about getting them signed as not many people know me that well, I did meet his friends and family but we mainly focused on 'being together'. Just hoping my medicals are ok think I will crack up if they ask me for more stuff.....but i think that they just have to state that they are aware of our relationship and commitment to each other and how happy we are bla bla bla is that about right? I know im asking 1001 questions but just want to get it right. My sons dad is off to sols to get a stat declaration done to say I can take him.....which is good of him to let me go, so as soon as we get these 888 forms done should be ok.

I cant wait to get this behind me then all the fun and games will start again with the spouse visa.....do they ever refuse these prospective marriage visas? That worries me to.

Thanks guys

Jo
xx
You are right that the person signing a declaration doesn't have to know you terribly well. All they need to be saying is that they are aware of the relationship - it's good if they have met you of course, but isn't imperative. They just need to state how they know both of you, and what they know of your relationship and that they are happy to know that you are getting married and looking forward to the wedding next year etc... You aren't asking people to lie, they just need to write what they know and if they know you've been together x months or years and know you are engaged and happy and whatnot then that's what they put!

Try not to worry about your visa being refused, you are in a genuine relationship and so they have no reason to refuse you - try to keep that in the forefront of your mind. I worried too, but each time I did, I just repeated that to myself as a kind of mantra! They aren't inhuman at the DIAC and I'm sure your love/commitment to each other shone through in your own statements.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 8:57 am
Just Joined

Thanks

Yes our statements were lovely and when I read my OH statement I started balling my eyes out and he said he did the same with mine, I still read it every now and then when Im on a low. I know I am going to get there but really awful going through this....wish I had a date so I can start counting down to be with him again.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 10:17 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Yes our statements were lovely and when I read my OH statement I started balling my eyes out and he said he did the same with mine, I still read it every now and then when Im on a low. I know I am going to get there but really awful going through this....wish I had a date so I can start counting down to be with him again.
I reread ours the other day and the one I wrote brought a tear to my eye ... of laughter Poor immigration people had reams of my waffling to wade through! I think for the next stage I'll do an abridged version.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

Hiya Guys

Just got my laptop bak from being fixed and wondered how everyone was getting on...any good news yet Carolyn?

Well we have submitted our stat decs in and doc never filled my sons medical form in right so that has gone off to them in london....so hopefully now just waiting for the nod.....

Im wanting to fly around 12 december so i can be with my OH for christmas but need to work 4 weeks notice....do you think it would be too risky to put it in now so by the time my 4 weeks is up I will hopefully have my visa through.....flight fares are going up all the time and now have hardly any furniture left in house trying to raise the cash for them....£3,000 for me and the kids....ouch!!! anyone know a cheap airline apart from Cathay Pacific who were not that good.

Jo
xxx
Old Nov 7th 2008, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

jonese19 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi saw your reply here we have just been granted our PR visa and hopefully moving in feb. We are looking at flights and have come across a great web site thats cheap. We got a one way flight for about £570 each, also if you get a one way flight some airlines are giving you double the baggage allowance but only if you enquire about it.

Its www.netflights.com

hope this helps

Emma

and good luck
Old Nov 7th 2008, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Hiya Guys

Just got my laptop bak from being fixed and wondered how everyone was getting on...any good news yet Carolyn?

Well we have submitted our stat decs in and doc never filled my sons medical form in right so that has gone off to them in london....so hopefully now just waiting for the nod.....

Im wanting to fly around 12 december so i can be with my OH for christmas but need to work 4 weeks notice....do you think it would be too risky to put it in now so by the time my 4 weeks is up I will hopefully have my visa through.....flight fares are going up all the time and now have hardly any furniture left in house trying to raise the cash for them....£3,000 for me and the kids....ouch!!! anyone know a cheap airline apart from Cathay Pacific who were not that good.

Jo
xxx

Hi Jo

This is the response that I received from immigration about statutory declarations for the prospective marriage visa.

"You may submit your application without statutory declarations. If we require any we will ask you for them during the processing period."

Regards

Carolyn
Old Nov 8th 2008, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

fremantle will become famous soon enoughfremantle will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Did you read the partner booklet from DIAC - that tells you that you need Stat Decs from friends and family.
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1127.pdf
They should talk about how they know you as a couple, how often they see you, how they view your relationship, and how they see you making commitments to each other, that sort of thing. Your family can talk about how they look forward to welcoming your partner into the family and how any kids are looking forward to having a new Uncle (my sister's kids did that bit!). You best friend might like to write about how she is looking forward to coming to Australia to meet your new partner and how you have talked to her about your plans for the future together.
DIAC needs to see that other people view this as a genuine relationship. If you search BE for threads on Spouse Visa Stat Decs you'll find loads of info on them.
If you are getting Stat Decs from Aussies, then they need to attach proof of their PR status or citizenship. If they aren't Aussies, no need to worry. Also an Aussie has to use form 888. If you look at this form it also gives you some hints about the sort of thing you should write.
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/888.pdf

Its also laid out in the partner booklet that you must show that the child's other parent consents to the move
I am a little confused. I am about to go through the prospective marriage visa having just been proposed to yesterday! Reading the 1127 booklet to me it looks like statutory declarations from other people only apply for the spouse visa rather than the fiance visa.
Old Nov 9th 2008, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fremantle
I am a little confused. I am about to go through the prospective marriage visa having just been proposed to yesterday! Reading the 1127 booklet to me it looks like statutory declarations from other people only apply for the spouse visa rather than the fiance visa.
Hi freemantle

I was in the same confusion about stat decs. and contacted immigration. Their reply which I posted earlier was that you don't need to send any with your application. If they need them they will ask for them during the processing period.

I have decided to get them done anyway. If I don't and then they ask for them it will delay things. Makes sense to get them done to cover all bases.

Hope this clarifies things

Carolyn
Old Nov 9th 2008, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

fremantle will become famous soon enoughfremantle will become famous soon enough

Thank you very much. Like you I think I will get them anyway to avoid any possible delays.

Best wishes - Denise
Old Nov 9th 2008, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

Congratulations on your engagement!!

We didnt think we needed them and were asked for them so I would, would save you a week or so...time is precious being away from our OH's.

Good luck, had ours in four weeks now so hopefully just waiting for the nod to go!!!

Jo
xx
Old Nov 9th 2008, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

cute_teacher is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations on your engagement!!

We didnt think we needed them and were asked for them so I would, would save you a week or so...time is precious being away from our OH's.

Good luck, had ours in four weeks now so hopefully just waiting for the nod to go!!!

Jo
xx
I sent my application with everything attached - stat decs, meds, police checks etc and from the time Immi received it til when my visa was granted was just 2 weeks!! Personally, i would suggest including EVERYTHING from the start.
Old Nov 9th 2008, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

That must have been an absolutely wonderful feeling. Reading this website it seems a lot of applications go through quite quickly. it is almost a concern that if it happens too quickly my initial entry date by which I would need to enter Australia would be too soon for the date we have in mind from when it would be good for me to make the move i.e. end of March 2009 earliest! Perhaps I should write some sort of letter explaining the timeline we were hoping for!

Thanks for comments so far.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.