Wikiposts

Prospective Marriage Visa

Old Dec 17th 2004, 11:18 pm
PommieLeague

Default Re: Prospective Marriage Visa

Originally Posted by phontan
I am going to apply for Australia Prospective Marriage Visa in Feburary 2005. I have a few questions to asks. I met my fiance on an internet chatroom on summer of 2002. At that time we were just friend because it was just online thing obviously. It wasn't until march of 2003 we started to have a real interest in each other (wanting to get to know each other more). From then we moved from chatting online to talking more often on the phone. Finally, after one and half years of phone corresponding, I went to visit her on 9-16-2004 in Brisbane, Australia and stayed there for three weeks. Anyways here are my queastions.

1. For evidences that we maintain contact, should I send all my phone bills prior to 9-16-2004? Well, I don't have them because prior to 9-16-2004, all my calls were made from phone cards. However, i do have my credit card statements listing the purchases of phone cards from March 2003 up until present. I do have call history with the current phone card since Oct 30, 2004 up until now. My fiance has all her phone bills since march 2003. Should I send my credit card statements along with my current phone call history.

2. For the letter that we have to write detailing our relationship history, should I state that we met online? We just chatted online for a brief period because it just was pen pal thing. From march 2003 on, our conversation was entirely on the phone. Would DIMIA put some weight on the genuine of our relationship because we met online. It just a brief period. These days it's very common for people to meet online and become friend.
Regarding the situation with the phonecard evidence, contact customer services at the phone card company tell them your situation, as with some companies like Cardcall (what my wife used) can actually provide written evidence of calls. You may have to send them a stat declaration for them to produce a statement of calls, also worth contacting your mobile phone company of a statement of text messages.
All the best
Lee

Old Dec 19th 2004, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

phontan is an unknown quantity at this point

The card that i m using right now since October 29, 2004 does have real-time call detail of destinations i call to in Australia. After we decided we wanted to be together after i got back from Australia in Oct 8 , 2004, i started searching for phone cards that have website and real-time call details, which i found at www.minutesonlines.com, my current card. Prior to Oct 29, 2004 i purchased two different type of cards: pinzoo.com and best-link card since march of 2003. Pinzoo does have call detail but each pin purchase only have online call details last for 3 months. Then they will take it offline. Right now i can only view my pin invoice that I purchased from them starting in march 2003 until October 2003. Looking for more provided minutes i made the change to Best-Link card in November 2003 and purchased from them until September 2004. Best-Link card is part of multiple cards from different company carries by this online retailer (justphonecards.com). If i knew at that time I wanted to be with her in Australia, I would have kept the call details from pinzoo card. I called pinzoo.com customer service for call details of my past purchases, they told me that it is impossible to do that. I purchased from them on average of 4 cards a month from march 2003 to October 2003. You think it is possible to provide my credit statements from march 2003 to September 2004 to DIMIA instead? My fiance does have all her phone bills listing calls she made since march 2003.

Originally Posted by Lathlain
Regarding the situation with the phonecard evidence, contact customer services at the phone card company tell them your situation, as with some companies like Cardcall (what my wife used) can actually provide written evidence of calls. You may have to send them a stat declaration for them to produce a statement of calls, also worth contacting your mobile phone company of a statement of text messages.
All the best
Lee
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

phontan is an unknown quantity at this point

Is stat dec from family in the form of general stating that relationship is real? Does it has to be specific format?

Originally Posted by Meryl
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 18:59:00 +0000, phontan
<member32999@british_expats.com> wrote:

>> Sounds good so far - do you have any statements to support the
    >> application - from family and friends for example?
    >Her Aunt (whom she lives with at the time), her other family members,
    >and my family acknowledge our relationship and of our intention to get
    >married.

* So I should get them to write a statement saying that they have
    >acknowledged our relationship?*

Yes, in the form of statutory declarations. If they can include dates
or times that they met you or became aware of your relationship it
strengthens your evidence.
Do you have photos?
Meryl
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 9:19 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by phontan
Is stat dec from family in the form of general stating that relationship is real? Does it has to be specific format?

Answered on your new post.
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 10:07 am
Meryl

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 16:32:44 +0000, phontan
<member32999@british_expats.com> wrote:

>> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 18:59:00 +0000, phontan
    >> <member32999@british_expats.com> wrote:
    >> >> Sounds good so far - do you have any statements to support the
    >> >> application - from family and friends for example?
    >> >Her Aunt (whom she lives with at the time), her other family members,
    >> >and my family acknowledge our relationship and of our intention to
    >> >get
    >> >married.
    >> * So I should get them to write a statement saying that they have
    >> >acknowledged our relationship?*
    >> Yes, in the form of statutory declarations. If they can include dates
    >> or times that they met you or became aware of your relationship it
    >> strengthens your evidence.
    >> Do you have photos?
    >> Meryl
    >Is stat dec from family in the form of general stating that relationship
    >is real? Does it has to be specific format?

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/statdec.htm

I recall we also needed certified copies of birth certificates and any
certificates showing name changes. My sons wrote our primary
supporting stat decs.
Meryl