Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Pros marriage medicals sent straight from docs

Wikiposts

Pros marriage medicals sent straight from docs

Old Apr 11th 2005, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

hlbrunty is on a distinguished road
Talking Pros marriage medicals sent straight from docs

Hello everyone

I have had medical/x ray and blood tests done for pros marriage visa and the doctor said they were sending results directly to Aus Immigration in London. Is this right ? as I am front loading and not sent the rest of my application as I am waiting for my fiance to send me his stuff.

Also I don't know if my supporting evidence will be enough

this is what I have

a couple of emails printed off
telephone bill
evidence that I had a bank account at my fiances address (but not a joint account)
credit card bill with power bill payments for fiances unit
2 statutory declarations - one from fiances mother and one from my brother who is Aus permanent resident
evidence that I was in australia on a visitor's visa for 12 months and also for 2months
christmas cards sent to us both but without the envelopes (aargh!)

don't have photos as the digital ones on my brother's computer have been lost

Any ideas?

Thanks for taking the time to read this!
Helen
Old Apr 11th 2005, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

Briz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant future
Default Re: Pros marriage medicals sent straight from docs

Originally Posted by hlbrunty
Hello everyone

I have had medical/x ray and blood tests done for pros marriage visa and the doctor said they were sending results directly to Aus Immigration in London. Is this right ? as I am front loading and not sent the rest of my application as I am waiting for my fiance to send me his stuff.

this is what I have

telephone bill
evidence that I had a bank account at my fiances address (but not a joint account)
2 statutory declarations - one from fiances mother and one from my brother who is Aus permanent resident
evidence that I was in australia on a visitor's visa for 12 months and also for 2months

Any ideas?

Helen
Your medicals will be logged by the AHC and matched up with your visa application when submitted- you aren't allowed to take them away from the doctor to include in your application any more.

For my hubby's spouse visa (submitted Thursday, so I can't say whether this is the right thing to do or not...will keep you posted) we tried to provided 3 or more pieces of evidence for each requirement listed in Booklet 1. Where we had less, we just sent what we had. I also went through all our files and folders and sent anything else which would support our relationship. We had about 80 separate certified copies in all, plus 3 Form 888's (oz stat decs-not sure whether those are required for your visa), 2 UK stat decs and 10 pages of photocopied photos.
Good luck!
Old Apr 11th 2005, 7:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Briz-chick
, plus 3 Form 888's (oz stat decs-not sure whether those are required for your visa),
Yes. All spouse visas require two Aussie 888 stat decs.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

Laurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really nice

Any ideas?
Hi Helen,

There are no photos of the two of you together? I am under the impression that the photos are used as proof that you have met in person. They can hopefully accept the stat decs, and your statements as proof of meeting though.

Everything else looks good, I think. I will be sending my Pros Spouse application this week as well. It seems like maybe I have too much stuff. The envelope is about two inches thick. I am going to be spending some time going through it all again to see what can be taken out.

Don't worry, if it is not enough evidence they will just ask you for some more.

Good luck!
Old Apr 11th 2005, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

tony440 is on a distinguished road

`Your medicals will be logged by the AHC and matched up with your visa application when submitted- you aren't allowed to take them away from the doctor to include in your application any more.`

this is not exactly true, i had my meds done on 10th march and was given the results which i sent with my application.
btw i had more evidence than i could shake a stick at
phone bills (uk and oz) with every sms we had sent
correspondance to me while staying with fiance in oz (some from dimia)
about 18 printed photos
1 stat dec from mum
9 stat decs from oz
printed scans and photos of envelopes-padded bags sent during our relationship
evidence of 3 trips over to stay with fiance
evidence of 1 trip here by fiance
altogether this came to 3.5cms
i got an email after 24 hours advising me that visa had been granted
booked flight with singapore day after
going on may 4th 10 am from man
wooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 11th 2005, 10:10 am
Just Joined

robyn01 will become famous soon enough

Hello everyone

this is what I have

telephone bill

Any ideas?

Helen
Hi Helen
Just reading your what you have put together for Pros marriage visa and noticed you never said a police check on yourself while in Australia my fiancee got me to get one for him there $36.00 Aust dollar from memory and immagration will want one cause you have been in oz for over 12 months.
They take all up anything from 3 weeks to a month and get it sent back to you.
I wish you all the luck in the world Helen they gave Tony his visa in 24 hours and he will be here in oz on the 5th of May wooohooo no more goodbyes at Brissy airport im sooooooooooooooo happy
Robyn
Old Apr 20th 2005, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Briz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Briz-chick
For my hubby's spouse visa (submitted Thursday, so I can't say whether this is the right thing to do or not...will keep you posted)...
We got the visa in 1 week, so we must've done something right!