Proposed overseas travel with Citizenship

Old Dec 5th 2014, 3:52 am
missapps

missapps will become famous soon enough
Default Proposed overseas travel with Citizenship

HI,
I am currently in the process of applying for Citizenship online and know that the waiting period is around 80 calendar days at the moment.

Im up to 60% on the online application questions and where it says proposed travel overseas... i'm stuck. I know that you have to be in Australia when the citizenship is processed.. but Im on holiday for 6 weeks from Feb-Mar 2015.

Can I still apply and write my proposed travel overseas dates and they will process my application accordingly?

Or shall I wait until my return in March to apply?
Ive searched all the FAQ for advice on what to do regarding proposed travels overseas but have come unstuck.
Thanks in advance guys.

Laura
Old Dec 5th 2014, 4:27 am
HMP Queensland

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proposed overseas travel with Citizenship

Originally Posted by missapps View Post
HI,
I am currently in the process of applying for Citizenship online and know that the waiting period is around 80 calendar days at the moment.

Im up to 60% on the online application questions and where it says proposed travel overseas... i'm stuck. I know that you have to be in Australia when the citizenship is processed.. but Im on holiday for 6 weeks from Feb-Mar 2015.

Can I still apply and write my proposed travel overseas dates and they will process my application accordingly?

Ive searched all the FAQ for advice on what to do regarding proposed travels overseas but have come unstuck.
Thanks in advance guys.

Laura
They willl still process it, just give them the dates you will be away.
They won't grant it until you are back in the country, thats all
Old Dec 5th 2014, 6:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proposed overseas travel with Citizenship

Originally Posted by missapps View Post
HI,

Thanks in advance guys.

Laura
I would put in the application and hopefully you would get a test date before your holiday. I think it very unlikely you would get a ceremony date anyway though, your 80 days seems very optimistic to me. Unless you mean 80 days to get approval, that might be about right, but the waiting time for ceremony is several months.