Proof of relationship with fiance

Old Feb 11th 2003, 1:25 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Proof of relationship with fiance

There seem to be many differing views on this one, so can anyone who has had a Prospective Marriage Visa granted, please tell me what sort of proof of a relationship they sent to DIMIA with their application?
On their website, the immigration dept say not to send photos, personal letters etc with an application for a prospective marriage visa. However, most people on these forums talk about including this sort of thing, and as we live in different countries at present most of our proof of relationship is in the form of letters and cards.

We don't have joint utility bills etc cos we don't live together yet (owing to a few thousand miles between us), so I really want to include the personal stuff, but don't want to blot my copybook with the nice immigration people!
Any views on this would be welcome!
Thanks
Polly
Old Feb 11th 2003, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

jambo_g is an unknown quantity at this point

We are pretty lucky from this point of view, because me and my fiance have lived together for around five years and have a two year old son (which I think should be proof enough!!!)

But other than that I know what you mean it is a bit strange - what else do you send??

Graham
Old Feb 11th 2003, 9:27 pm
Elayne

Default Re: Proof of relationship with fiance

I need to know the same for New Zealand. I am engaged after a long distance
relationship and only spending a couple of months together. What proof is
needed and will they take into account that our relationship began a long
time before we actually met?

Elayne

Old Feb 11th 2003, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

sophiedb has a brilliant futuresophiedb has a brilliant futuresophiedb has a brilliant futuresophiedb has a brilliant futuresophiedb has a brilliant futuresophiedb has a brilliant futuresophiedb has a brilliant futuresophiedb has a brilliant future

that's really weird! we sent in a lever arch file full of forms, photos, emails, cards etc etc.. and all but the photos and forms was sent back to us once we were accepted!

maybe you should ring them..?
Old Feb 12th 2003, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Yeah I sent a folder full of pictures of us together (very rare!), travel tickets, invitations to weddings we attended togther, stat decs from friends, stat dec for each other, and also a letter of 'lurve' outlining our relationship.
Old Feb 12th 2003, 7:58 am
Jaj

Default Re: Proof of relationship with fiance

In your circumstances you're likely to be granted a permanent visa
straight away, with no need for the 2 year temporary visa.

Has the child been registered as an Australian citizen by descent
(assuming one of you is an Australian citizen and the child was born
outside Australia)?

Jeremy

>On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 22:11:30 +0000, jambo_g wrote:
    >We are pretty lucky from this point of view, because me and my fiance
    >have lived together for around five years and have a two year old son
    >(which I think should be proof enough!!!)
    >But other than that I know what you mean it is a bit strange - what else
    >do you send??
    >Graham
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

This is not intended to be legal advice in any jurisdiction

Old Feb 12th 2003, 9:38 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Guess I'll put in everything then, as no-one seems to have had complaints about including letters and photos, then I will include them. Photos are quite rare for us also, but I could fill a box-file with the letters! Also have travel tickets and all that sort of thing.
Thanks for your input guys!
Polly
Old Feb 12th 2003, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

jambo_g is an unknown quantity at this point

Jeremy,

My son was born in Edinburgh and is now an Australian citizen with both UK and Ozzie passports, as is my fiance.

How could I be granted it straight away??

Graham