Wikiposts

Proof of Occupation when self employed

Old Sep 28th 2007, 11:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Proof of Occupation when self employed

Hi all,

I'm new to all this, so I was wondering if somebody could confirm we are doing the right thing.

As a couple we jointly own and run our own limited company. We have no employees.

When we apply for the visa can we write statutory declarations for each other stating we are employed by our company. Then back this up with payslips, p60's, dividend statements and most importantly, a reference from the Company Account verifying that we are the owners and managers of the company.

It seems so difficult to prove what is in fact true, without it looking made up! We can provide audited accounts, contracts of work, bank statements, VAT returns etc for the company to prove it exists. Would we also need the Accountant to provide a statutory declaration that the company is legit???

Thanks for your advice!
Old Sep 29th 2007, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice
Default Re: Proof of Occupation when self employed

hi,
all that sounds fine also you need to get references from clients and suppliers at least 3 of each, what is your line of work? i gave a letter from my accountant confirming my self employment and nature of business and dates.
i hope this is helpfull.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 3:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of Occupation when self employed

Thanks hairart!

I've just been doing some research. Apparently as I am a joint owner of the company and my spouse is the only other owner, then I have to make a stat dec to say I am employed by the company but can not get a reference as we own it! Then I must support this with a letter from the accountant saying who owns the company and that I have also been employed for 8 years and in what capacity.

I don't think I need client references as I am employed in running the company - I don't deal with clients. I don't think it can do any harm to send in copies of payslips, p60s etc as the more proof the better eh?

If anyone knows any different, could you let me know! LOL.