Wikiposts

Proof for bonus point ?A$100,000.00

Old May 19th 2003, 8:47 am
Jaj

Default Re: Proof for bonus point ?A$100,000.00

Why don't you arrange some extra mortgage finance based on the equity
in your house?

Once you are asked to pay the bond, you are unlikely to have enough
time to complete a sale within DIMIA's deadlines.

Jeremy

>On Tue, 20 May 2003 12:38:54 +0000, ohsohopeful wrote:
    >Similar situation here.
    >We've indicated that we'll be investing the $100,000 and haven't been
    >asked to prove that we have it. But we will need to sell the house
    >to get it.

This is not intended to be legal advice in any jurisdiction

Old May 19th 2003, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

John Haines is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks team,

I was kind of hoping in a very naive way that you would only have to be ABLE to put up the money and not actually do it...

Ah well, what a pi**er they raised the bar in September by 5 points, would have all been so easy....

Johnno

Last edited by John Haines; May 19th 2003 at 8:20 pm.
Old May 19th 2003, 8:19 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by John Haines
Ah well, what a pi**er they raised the bar in September by 5 points, would have all been so easy....
It was raised in May, not September, last year
Old May 19th 2003, 9:29 pm
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

We were in the same situation when we had to post our bond in March. Knowing that this was coming, in January I phoned our lender and explained the circumstances and asked for a further advance which we would repay when we sold the house. After a chat on the phone, they sent us the necessary forms which we completed and returned. They then sent us our acceptance etc and said that all we had to do was return the signed acceptance when we were ready and the money would be deposited 48 hrs later.

Everything went according to plan and we had no hiccups. I would recommend sorting it our in advance though, maybe once you've had request for medicals?

Steph
Old May 20th 2003, 12:38 am
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point

Similar situation here.

We've indicated that we'll be investing the $100,000 and haven't been asked to prove that we have it. But we will need to sell the house to get it.

It's already on the market and we haven't had the request for police and medicals yet. At least it means there's no rush to sell it straght away and if it sells early, we'll just leave early and wait for it to go through!

RISKY? Not much.....

Anyone else doing this or are you all being very sensible and not selling up until you know you've got it?
Old May 20th 2003, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

itsasecret is an unknown quantity at this point

My agent says that I dont need to actually pay the 100k , just be willing to pay at time of application? Im a bit concerned about this, as Im smack on border line with points , but my agent says it will do no harm in ticking the yes box against 100k??

Lets just say that I have just enough points , are they going to ask for the money anyway??
Old May 20th 2003, 3:12 am
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by itsasecret
My agent says that I dont need to actually pay the 100k , just be willing to pay at time of application? Im a bit concerned about this, as Im smack on border line with points , but my agent says it will do no harm in ticking the yes box against 100k??

Lets just say that I have just enough points , are they going to ask for the money anyway??
You will need to pay towards the end of processing i.e. after your medicals and police checks. Once you get the request to pay the bond I think you can be pretty sure you're going to get the visa!!