Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Processing time for subclass 190 vs. OH's IELTS test

Processing time for subclass 190 vs. OH's IELTS test

Old Mar 16th 2015, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

fonfrei is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Processing time for subclass 190 vs. OH's IELTS test

Hello everyone,

I got my visa invitation for subclass 190 two weeks ago. I know that processing time for this type of visa is 12 weeks but usually it takes a little less. As far as I know the submissions are not differentiated by low risk / high risk countries.

How long did it take to you to get the grant for this type of visa? I noticed some forum users got their grant in like 7 weeks after submitting the application.

I'm asking because my other half is going to sit her IELTS test for functional English (4.5) in four weeks and we need to have the result prior to the grant. Just want to make sure we don't submit the application too early or else we'll need to pay the DIBP charge of 4.890.- for not having functional English.

Thank you!
Old Mar 21st 2015, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Processing time for subclass 190 vs. OH's IELTS test

Secondary applicants do not need English test at time of application. The CO will not grant the visa unless they have the test results or pay the secondary fee. As far as I know they will await the results. They will ask if you have the test or want to pay the fee. Similar to medicals and police checks. Just get the test booked in
Old Mar 21st 2015, 7:10 am
Just Joined

fonfrei is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Processing time for subclass 190 vs. OH's IELTS test

Cheers rammygirl, that is exactly how we will do it. Test date already booked and application submitted.