Processing Time for High Risk Countries

Old Nov 27th 2008, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Processing Time for High Risk Countries

A few people have mentioned their countries in the BE Update spreadsheet. Based on this, I have calculated the average processing time of high risk country applicants for subclass 175/176/136/138. Here's what I got:

Average time from application to visa grant: 13.2 months
Minimum time taken: 9.2 months
Maximum time taken: 17.5 months

Caveat - above calculations are based on 10 samples only. However, I have a feeling that most HR country applicants should be getting their visas within a year and a half.

Though the HR average is much higher than the LR countries, its not too bad considering the 5-6 years wait for Canada. If we can can manage our expectations accordingly, we should be less miserable waiting.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice
Default Re: Processing Time for High Risk Countries

@ caliburn
Yes exactly and good work man, from our place on average its taking a year. well its good to get ready for OZ by adding up more skills on the CV through different certification.Also saving as much as for OZ....definitely to settle @ new place we need the time & money both.

Regards
Malik

Last edited by Malikkhi; Nov 27th 2008 at 9:24 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

msi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nice

Originally Posted by caliburn
A few people have mentioned their countries in the BE Update spreadsheet. Based on this, I have calculated the average processing time of high risk country applicants for subclass 175/176/136/138. Here's what I got:

Caveat - above calculations are based on 10 samples only. However, I have a feeling that most HR country applicants should be getting their visas within a year and a half.

Though the HR average is much higher than the LR countries, its not too bad considering the 5-6 years wait for Canada. If we can can manage our expectations accordingly, we should be less miserable waiting.
Any stats for 457 visa (temp work visa) applicants in the HR group.

I was told by a recruiter that it takes around 3 months - very few employers can wait that long
Old Nov 27th 2008, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Malikkhi
@ caliburn
Yes exactly and good work man, from our place on average its taking a year. well its good to get ready for OZ by adding up more skills on the CV through different certification.Also saving as much as for OZ....definitely to settle @ new place we need the time & money both.

Regards
Malik
I agree with you. Its a very good idea to use the waiting period acquiring new skills suitable for Australian job market, saving up some extra cash for smoother settlement etc. Also, given the impending recession and weak job market, it might be difficult for new migrants to find a job in Australia at this moment. So, it might be a blessing in disguise that the visa processing is taking a little longer for us.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by msi geek
Any stats for 457 visa (temp work visa) applicants in the HR group.

I was told by a recruiter that it takes around 3 months - very few employers can wait that long
I have not come across any 457 visa grant data. I will let you know if I find any.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

msi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nice

Australia 's 457 is equivalent to USA's H1B or UK's HSMP.

These visas (Class 457) and their lengthy processing times have hurt many employers/recruiters hiring from overseas.

Any job interview involves a question:

Q. How soon can you join?
A. Only DIAC can answer this
Old Nov 28th 2008, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by msi geek
Australia 's 457 is equivalent to USA's H1B or UK's HSMP.

These visas (Class 457) and their lengthy processing times have hurt many employers/recruiters hiring from overseas.

Any job interview involves a question:

Q. How soon can you join?
A. Only DIAC can answer this
I had my 457 in 10 actual days I asked DIAC how long it would take and they said it would take 2 weeks.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
I had my 457 in 10 actual days I asked DIAC how long it would take and they said it would take 2 weeks.
Thanks for sharing the info.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

WaitingKills will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Re: Processing Time for High Risk Countries

This is an interesting piece of information. I have applied under 136, applied in August 07 so more than 15 months on the waiting list. I was told to wait for 18 months till i hear from a Case Officer, as i am from a HR country.

To make the situation worse there had been a large number of applications in July & August 07. This makes the extrapolation exercise difficult and there is no order in which they granting the VISAs. Further the duration of waiting differs for MODL and non MODL applications.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WaitingKills
This is an interesting piece of information. I have applied under 136, applied in August 07 so more than 15 months on the waiting list. I was told to wait for 18 months till i hear from a Case Officer, as i am from a HR country.

To make the situation worse there had been a large number of applications in July & August 07. This makes the extrapolation exercise difficult and there is no order in which they granting the VISAs. Further the duration of waiting differs for MODL and non MODL applications.
Does anyone else here have the same experience as WaitingKills?
Old Nov 30th 2008, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Arrow Re: Processing Time for High Risk Countries

Does anyone else here have the same experience as WaitingKills?

Check out these threads

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...72627&page=652

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=575240

There are a lot of applications like mine.

Last edited by WaitingKills; Nov 30th 2008 at 8:44 am.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice

Hi WaitingKills
It really sad that u r still waiting, anyways urs was MODL or non-MODL?
Old Nov 30th 2008, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Hi WaitingKills
It really sad that u r still waiting, anyways urs was MODL or non-MODL?
We are really frustrated with this situ. What else to do, but to wait n wait until we get the good news

Well MODL for me

Last edited by WaitingKills; Nov 30th 2008 at 10:04 am. Reason: ACS MODL
Old Nov 30th 2008, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WaitingKills
We are really frustrated with this situ. What else to do, but to wait n wait until we get the good news

Well MODL for me
Good luck man. Anyways have a look @ this http://www.gettingdownunder.com/2008...2008/#more-717 for current processing
Old Nov 30th 2008, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Arrow Re: Processing Time for High Risk Countries

Good luck man. Anyways have a look @ this http://www.gettingdownunder.com/2008...2008/#more-717 for current processing
Thanks. We need a lot of luck for our application to go into the hands of one of the Officers.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...567007&page=14

This is the latest processing time. It says now they are processing 31st July 2008 applications. So 2-3 months of waiting.