Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Processing Speed and Online Application Status Discussion

Processing Speed and Online Application Status Discussion

Old Jun 3rd 2009, 10:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Processing Speed Discussion

Threads merged as they are all on the same topic
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

grantvt is on a distinguished road
Default Re: frustration query

Originally Posted by Axe
DIAC states that processing of a VISA for High Risk countries can take around 6 months (they don't say UP TO 6 months, so it could even be more).

Nothing you can do, you just have to wait.

Maybe the CO can't get to your case because he is too busy reading PLE's.
Some cases are finalized quicker than 6 months in 1, 2 or 3 months.
Spreading rumours that it can take infinitely long doesnt help anyone as eveyones case is different.

Processing may also have slowed down because it is the last month of the 2008-2009 period and agents have said that the issuing of visas is a bit ad hoc in the last month usually.

Last edited by grantvt; Jun 3rd 2009 at 10:33 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 11:33 am
Axe
Forum Regular

Axe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud of

I'm not spreading rumours, I'm stating facts. Yes some HR people get their visa's in a month, but it can take up to 6 months (and potentially more, DIAC give the 6 months as a guideline, not a definite).
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

water man will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Axe
I'm not spreading rumours, I'm stating facts. Yes some HR people get their visa's in a month, but it can take up to 6 months (and potentially more, DIAC give the 6 months as a guideline, not a definite).
AXe . what are internal Processing procedures
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 12:08 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Its not a rumour that a can take an infinitely long time, thats fact. No-one can predict how long processing will take for any particular visa.

As for Internal Processing Procedures, they are the department's procedures, and they carry them out internally, so the applicant doesn't get involved directly.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Its not a rumour that a can take an infinitely long time, thats fact. No-one can predict how long processing will take for any particular visa.

As for Internal Processing Procedures, they are the department's procedures, and they carry them out internally, so the applicant doesn't get involved directly.
is it integrity checks?
or is it the procedures within the case officer? inside aspc
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 12:15 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by water man
is it integrity checks?
or is it the procedures within the case officer? inside aspc
It is checks carried out by DIAC to ensure that applicants are in fact eligible for a visa. They are carried out internally by DIAC. That's why they're called "internal checks".
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

grantvt is on a distinguished road

I somehow doubt that you will find it in the DIAC sevice charter that it can take infinitely long.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 12:42 pm
Banned

Altavista is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
It is checks carried out by DIAC to ensure that applicants are in fact eligible for a visa. They are carried out internally by DIAC. That's why they're called "internal checks".
And what is routine processing, as I recieved this reply to PLE once after all my documents were marked as Met and medical was finalised.

Last edited by Altavista; Jun 3rd 2009 at 12:48 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Altavista
And what is routine processing, as I recieved this reply to PLE once after all my documents were marked as Met and medical was finalised.
Can u paste the reply PLE here?
ur documents met? then y the need of routine processing?
my routine processing started in march since now my employer not checked yet!
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 2:13 pm
Axe
Forum Regular

Axe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud ofAxe has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by grantvt
I somehow doubt that you will find it in the DIAC sevice charter that it can take infinitely long.
Grant, what we are saying is that ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE does DIAC state that processing will be finished in X days or Y months. They only give guidelines, so yes, if they feel like taking 5 years to process your visa, there is nothing stopping them. We're not saying it is likely, just that it is a possibility.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 2:27 pm
Home and Happy

I don't know how many times Dorothy and I and others have to come back to this point in numerous threads on here.

Routine Processing is just that. Its routine. It happens on every visa application. Some require more porcessing than other because some are more complex than others, but its ROUTINE! Its NORMAL! its DIAC's way of saying that they are processing your application and when they've finished processing it they will get back to you!!

Patience is a virtue.

(and thats me posting as me, not as a moderator!)
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 2:33 pm
Banned

Altavista is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know how many times Dorothy and I and others have to come back to this point in numerous threads on here.

Routine Processing is just that. Its routine. It happens on every visa application. Some require more porcessing than other because some are more complex than others, but its ROUTINE! Its NORMAL! its DIAC's way of saying that they are processing your application and when they've finished processing it they will get back to you!!

Patience is a virtue.

(and thats me posting as me, not as a moderator!)
Thanks, that was the last time I asked. Now waiting for grant.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

INDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really nice

Originally Posted by Axe
Grant, what we are saying is that ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE does DIAC state that processing will be finished in X days or Y months. They only give guidelines, so yes, if they feel like taking 5 years to process your visa, there is nothing stopping them. We're not saying it is likely, just that it is a possibility.
The visa process is not transparent, but I doubt it takes 5 years. If we are just stating possibility then 10 years, 20 years are also possible.
But I doubt it.

As someone says, it is not a privileged to be granted a visa and OZ has the right to choose their applicants which fulfill their criteria,i.e. good characters, adequate skills, etc...

We just need to be patient and try to understand that we are the lucky few the moment we obtain our visa.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 6:41 pm
ajt
Forum Regular

ajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really nice

The processing time varies from case to case....
if you see the australian high commision in Pakistans website, it is stated clearly that for people applying from the Swat region of Pak, verifications may take 6 months or more
This is because Swat is under the Taliban rule....( the person going for verification over there is bound to have a gala time )

Likewise processing depends on many factors.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.