Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Processing 176 Family sponsored applications

Wikiposts

Processing 176 Family sponsored applications

Old Jul 21st 2009, 5:35 am
Just Joined

luckygajan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Processing 176 Family sponsored applications

Hi Every one,

I am new to this forum and wanted to get more information regarding 176 family sponsored visa processing

I am really disappointed after hearing that all 176 family sponsored (non CSL) applications will not be processed until the current recession comes to an end.

Is this true?

Pls share all information you guys have....

Last edited by luckygajan; Jul 21st 2009 at 5:55 am.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 5:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Processing 176 Family sponsored applications

Nobody really knows when these visas will be processed, but the consensus does appear to be that some could be in for a very long wait and I am afraid that would include the family sponsored.

I am non-CSL 175 and my guesstimate at the moment is two to three years, but who knows.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 5:50 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luckygajan
Hi Every one,

I am new to this forum and wanted to get more information regarding 176 family sponsored visa processing

I am really disappointed after hearing that all 175 family sponsored (non CSL) applications will not be processed until the current recession comes to an end.

Is this true?

Pls share all information you guys have....
Our agent says that it is unlikely non (CSL/ENS/SS) will be processed before next July. This their opinion so you it's just a guess from what they know, but have you looked at state sponsorship?

Regards,
Cooler
Old Jul 21st 2009, 6:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
Our agent says that it is unlikely non (CSL/ENS/SS) will be processed before next July. This their opinion so you it's just a guess from what they know, but have you looked at state sponsorship?

Regards,
Cooler
We would like to move to Sydney/NSW and my hubby's nominated job will not be sponsored by NSW, so that option is not opened for us
Old Jul 21st 2009, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

I am really disappointed after hearing that all 176 family sponsored (non CSL) applications will not be processed until the current recession comes to an end.

Where did you hear this??
Old Jul 21st 2009, 7:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ronan_in_Oz
Where did you hear this??
some one in a forum said that he called the London visa processing centre and they told this
Old Jul 21st 2009, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

some one in a forum said that he called the London visa processing centre and they told this

If I were you, i would call up DIAC and check the current status.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

If I were you, i would call up DIAC and check the current status.
I wouldn't waste the £ on my phone bill. They are not going to tell you when family sponsored 176 visas will be processed.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I wouldn't waste the £ on my phone bill. They are not going to tell you when family sponsored 176 visas will be processed.

Atleast they can clarify if this rumour is true or not and whether family sponsored 176 has anything to do with the current recession.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

waiting79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Atleast they can clarify if this rumour is true or not and whether family sponsored 176 has anything to do with the current recession.
I called DIAC/Immigration last week as I am a #176-Family Sponsored-October 2008- applicant and this whole waiting business has been killing. The person there said all non CSL/SS/ES are last on prority list as we're possibly looking at our applications being processed June/July 2010!!!.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 1:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by waiting79
I called DIAC/Immigration last week as I am a #176-Family Sponsored-October 2008- applicant and this whole waiting business has been killing. The person there said all non CSL/SS/ES are last on prority list as we're possibly looking at our applications being processed June/July 2010!!!.
That's good news for now, atleast we know our applications will be processed June/July 2010

Thanks guys
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 3:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That's good news for now, atleast we know our applications will be processed June/July 2010

Thanks guys

Mmmm, I know this is going to sound negative, but you really don't know that at all. When did you lodge anyway?
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 4:35 am
Just Joined

Mmmm, I know this is going to sound negative, but you really don't know that at all. When did you lodge anyway?
we lodged in June 2009 and we are from a Low Risk country

will LR country skilled immigartion applications be processed faster ?

How can we track paper based application processing?

Last edited by luckygajan; Jul 22nd 2009 at 4:38 am.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 5:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

An application from LR country might be quicker to process once it is picked up because there are slightly fewer checks, but it is not prioritised over applicants from HR countries.

I am afraid I have no idea how you can track paper based applications as I am on line applicant. I don't think there is much to track for me on-line either, you can't see yourself moving up the queue or anything like that, nothing will change on the screen until a case officer comes along I believe.

Whilst all these threads about timelines are pure speculation, I really think that at the moment, it is unlikely that a family sponsored 176 will take only 12 months. I am expecting to wait a couple of years and am just getting on with life in the meantime.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 6:22 am
Just Joined

An application from LR country might be quicker to process once it is picked up because there are slightly fewer checks, but it is not prioritised over applicants from HR countries.

I am afraid I have no idea how you can track paper based applications as I am on line applicant. I don't think there is much to track for me on-line either, you can't see yourself moving up the queue or anything like that, nothing will change on the screen until a case officer comes along I believe.

Whilst all these threads about timelines are pure speculation, I really think that at the moment, it is unlikely that a family sponsored 176 will take only 12 months. I am expecting to wait a couple of years and am just getting on with life in the meantime.
Hi Bermudashorts,

Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.