Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Procedure & Cost for transfereing PR Visa from Old to New Passport

Procedure & Cost for transfereing PR Visa from Old to New Passport

Old Sep 15th 2008, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

cool_archie is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Procedure & Cost for transfereing PR Visa from Old to New Passport

Hello Everybody,

Can someone please tell me what is the Procedure and how much will it Cost to transfer my Valid PR Visa from my Old Passport to the New Passport.

I will be in Perth this thursday, can it be done while I am in Perth, if so where?

Also will I have any problems travelling to Australia now cause my visa is on my Old Passport?

Please reply.

Regards,
Old Sep 15th 2008, 10:34 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Procedure & Cost for transfereing PR Visa from Old to New Passport

Shouldn't cost you anything. Just take both passports to your nearest DIAC office in Perth and they should just transfer the visa. You should have no issues coming in, just carry both passports and if you need to explain, just say you're getting it transferred as soon as you are able.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

mvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Procedure & Cost for transfereing PR Visa from Old to New Passport

You can travel with your new and old passport without drama.

However, if you wish to have a new label placed in your new passport this can be done free at a DIAC office - I presume there is one in Perth!

I have done this twice in Sydney - just turned up, waited a couple of mins, new label printed and placed in new passport, old label cancelled, out of the building in less than 10 minutes both times - that's it.

Originally Posted by cool_archie
Hello Everybody,

Can someone please tell me what is the Procedure and how much will it Cost to transfer my Valid PR Visa from my Old Passport to the New Passport.

I will be in Perth this thursday, can it be done while I am in Perth, if so where?

Also will I have any problems travelling to Australia now cause my visa is on my Old Passport?

Please reply.

Regards,