A problematic question by CO !

Old Jan 26th 2011, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

apple_pie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A problematic question by CO !

Originally Posted by MAR001
Your comment sounds really really discriminatory. I am doing my best trying to understand why (how you dear) you associate "people who seek to game the system" with "some cultures".

This is a legitimate question for me just for the fact that the person involved has chosen to tell the truth instead of lying in the app. However, it seems that definitely you don't have the cultural level to understand this.

Therefore, I would really recommend you for the good of the forum that if you don't have nothing constructive to say, just don't say anything and stop making moral assumptions in cases that you don't have first hand information.
I second your comments,

Tina should refrain from giving such comments on this professional forum!
Old Jan 26th 2011, 1:09 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is fair to say that Tina was responding to the information given initially by the OP.

The position as first outlined would give any CO looking at ANY application cause to question what was going on.

Now that a fuller explanation has been given there is no need to argue further.

If the full explanation is given to the CO then it should be fine.

The other question is whether the CO of a "western" country actually needs to take different cultures into account. Possibly yes. But a CO can't take into consideration things that have not been explained.

The CO is governed by DIAC rules and procedures.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 1:18 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
I think it is fair to say that Tina was responding to the information given initially by the OP.

The position as first outlined would give any CO looking at ANY application cause to question what was going on.

Now that a fuller explanation has been given there is no need to argue further.

If the full explanation is given to the CO then it should be fine.

The other question is whether the CO of a "western" country actually needs to take different cultures into account. Possibly yes. But a CO can't take into consideration things that have not been explained.

The CO is governed by DIAC rules and procedures.
Exactly. The CO has asked for an explanation, I've already said I don't see why the OP doesn't just get on with it and explain to the CO.

As I posted above, in western cultures - such as Australia - when people get married they "normally" move in together straight away. Therefore the CO is quite correct in questioning why the couple are continuing to live apart. The CO is merely trying to establish whether this is a genuine marriage or one which has taken place purely so that the new partner can get a visa. I'm 100% sure that if the CO was faced with a couple from ANY country or culture who were living apart after their marriage, the CO would be asking for an explanation. You only have read some of the Spouse Visa threads to see this is true.
To many of us reading a forum designed around British people this is a very unusual scenario - unfortunately not everyone plays by immigration rules. Many people do get married purely to get a visa. I'm not saying thats what has happened here, but I am saying that those of us who have been around a while know that it happens all too often - hence the need for a CO to look into why two people who presumably married because they love each other and want to share their lives, are still living apart.

To the OP - I would look at including in your reply to your CO ANY evidence of a shared life - visits you make to places together, any joint purchases, anything that proves you have ties that go beyond just a marriage certificate.

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 26th 2011 at 1:21 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Exactly. The CO has asked for an explanation, I've already said I don't see why the OP doesn't just get on with it and explain to the CO.

As I posted above, in western cultures - such as Australia - when people get married they "normally" move in together straight away. Therefore the CO is quite correct in questioning why the couple are continuing to live apart. The CO is merely trying to establish whether this is a genuine marriage or one which has taken place purely so that the new partner can get a visa. I'm 100% sure that if the CO was faced with a couple from ANY country or culture who were living apart after their marriage, the CO would be asking for an explanation. You only have read some of the Spouse Visa threads to see this is true.
To many of us reading a forum designed around British people this is a very unusual scenario - unfortunately not everyone plays by immigration rules. Many people do get married purely to get a visa. I'm not saying thats what has happened here, but I am saying that those of us who have been around a while know that it happens all too often - hence the need for a CO to look into why two people who presumably married because they love each other and want to share their lives, are still living apart.

To the OP - I would look at including in your reply to your CO ANY evidence of a shared life - visits you make to places together, any joint purchases, anything that proves you have ties that go beyond just a marriage certificate.
Thanks for all your replies specially ahmadsh, MAR000 and dear Pollyana.
I decided to explain the truth as you adivsed and gave some explanations about our eastern culture as to how we are supposed to live apart for a whilie after official marriage.
Your replies was a great help to me and gave me a clear view of what CO expects to know
However I sent the reply and will let you know of the outcome
Regards
Old Jan 26th 2011, 4:07 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by QLDlover
I decided to explain the truth as you adivsed and gave some explanations about our eastern culture as to how we are supposed to live apart for a whilie after official marriage.
Your replies was a great help to me and gave me a clear view of what CO expects to know
Regards
That sounds fine; I'm sure the CO will have no problem with that
Old Jan 26th 2011, 6:00 pm
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by QLDlover
Regards
Pollyana rightly pointed out a good idea to include evidence of your marriage. Like wedding invitation cards, photos from the wedding, photos from the celebration dinners afterwards, and any other evidence that you see fit.

But now that you have already sent a reply let's wait what CO says, I'm sure he will be fine with what you have explained as they realise the immigrants are going to be from a variety of culture and their way of life is going to be radically different from their own and around.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice

Originally Posted by gr8leo87
Pollyana rightly pointed out a good idea to include evidence of your marriage. Like wedding invitation cards, photos from the wedding, photos from the celebration dinners afterwards, and any other evidence that you see fit.

But now that you have already sent a reply let's wait what CO says, I'm sure he will be fine with what you have explained as they realise the immigrants are going to be from a variety of culture and their way of life is going to be radically different from their own and around.
I had sent marriage certificate along with some photos from my wedding and before wedding, that is why my spouse was added to my application
I realize what CO is asking is why after 1 month of my marriage we are still living apart from each other,He did not ask for any evidence and what exactly he wants is an explanation for this
However I explained the situation and I hope he will understand.
Regards